Western Arms M4 CQB-R

Does anyone know what kind of velocity you get from 363mm length RA 6.03mm or PDI 6.01mm barrel AND HFC134a or similar duster gas? The areas where I usually play have 1.6 joule limit (415fps with 0.20g) for full auto rifles. So that is what I would be aiming for if I take the ''pimp my wam-four'' route (almost $1200 with all my intended internal and external upgrades for the gun only). Still waiting for Inokatsu and WE before decision. It seems that with green gas the FPS is way too high, unless I modify it for semiauto only. Either I have to use duster, or just shorter barrel. Or both? I guess a longer barrel with duster gas would be the wise choice, since that wouldn't destroy the internals as fast. And the outer barrel would be M4 length anyway.

Also, has anyone tried to attach G&P M203 to their WA M4 with G&P RAS-front sets? Is it possible? I know it blocks the hop up adjustment, but I can always adjust it before attaching the M203.

Edited by Lupus78
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know what kind of velocity you get from 363mm length RA 6.03mm or PDI 6.01mm barrel AND HFC134a or similar duster gas? The areas where I usually play have 1.6 joule limit (415fps with 0.20g) for full auto rifles. So that is what I would be aiming for if I take the ''pimp my wam-four'' route (almost $1200 with all my intended internal and external upgrades for the gun only). Still waiting for Inokatsu and WE before decision. It seems that with green gas the FPS is way too high, unless I modify it for semiauto only. Either I have to use duster, or just shorter barrel. Or both? I guess a longer barrel with duster gas would be the wise choice, since that wouldn't destroy the internals as fast. And the outer barrel would be M4 length anyway.

pdi 6.01 368mm with abbey 134a = 350-370ish fps on stock internals. I'm going to see how much fps i gain by putting in a hammer spring. Also these fps numbers are done in hawaii temperatures (80+ degree)

Thanks! The average temperature here in the spring/summertime is around 65 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit (or 18 to 25 in Celcius). So it seems that at least with duster I can safely use the 6.01mm M4 Carbine inner barrel and all internal hammer & spring upgrades. Only if I could have the lightweight aluminum bolt... That could make the cycles a bit snappier, even with duster.

The PGC hop up would seem nice since it could use the standard AEG barrels. Has anyone tried it? With that one, I could just try and use some of the barrels I already own... And they're a lot cheaper too, if I want to buy a correct length. I would love to find a barrel & gas combination that could produce around 400+ fps here in colder climate. Green gas typically is a good choice here since the duster doesn't have enough power for metal slide weapons.

Edited by Lupus78

To me getting 30 rounds out of it is good enough since i probably won't play with it and i usually use 30 round mags. I'd be upset if i couldn't shoot 30 rounds on a full mag. Valve lock upgrade DOES NOT improve gas consumption. At least not enough that i would notice. It does however help to prevent weardown like the stock one.

I'll test the lighter bolt when I have time.

To me getting 30 rounds out of it is good enough since i probably won't play with it and i usually use 30 round mags. I'd be upset if i couldn't shoot 30 rounds on a full mag. Valve lock upgrade DOES NOT improve gas consumption. At least not enough that i would notice. It does however help to prevent weardown like the stock one.

I'll test the lighter bolt when I have time.

30?.. Do you use mostly auto in small bursts then? on semi I could empty my mag if I had 50rd in it.. but not 56 like I am able to get in if I load it all the way.