Western Arms M4 CQB-R

I wonder what the odds of Western Arms (or, some clone, let's be realistic) making 20-round style magazines for the gun are...I don't see them being viable just due to lack of space overall, but would be nice to see some mags to go with the Inokatsu kits.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That'd be cool for an SPR type rifle, too.

Unfortunately, as you say, the reservoir would likely be too small. However, if WA went full-on 'real' for the mags and just had them hold 30 or 20 rounds, it'd probably work, maybe, kinda.

Unfortunately, as you say, the reservoir would likely be too small. However, if WA went full-on 'real' for the mags and just had them hold 30 or 20 rounds, it'd probably work, maybe, kinda.

How does the WA mag hold BBs? In the front with an open spring and follower style like a regular GBB, right? If it's like that then presumably a shorter mag would have to hold less BBs right?

How does the WA mag hold BBs? In the front with an open spring and follower style like a regular GBB, right? If it's like that then presumably a shorter mag would have to hold less BBs right?

Nope not a open follower. There's a cover you take off and the spring will pop you in the face.

It's a staggered channel arrangement as you'd see on any number of magazines. The spring is mounted along the front and down under the baseplate. The front 'edge' of the magazine can is actually a removable, L shaped piece that covers the follower, BBs, and feed channel.

To answer your question, Chris, yes, a shorter magazine would allow fewer BBs.

Edited by Wupjak
It's a staggered channel arrangement as you'd see on any number of magazines. The spring is mounted along the front and down under the baseplate. The front 'edge' of the magazine can is actually a removable, L shaped piece that covers the follower, BBs, and feed channel.

To answer your question, Chris, yes, a shorter magazine would allow fewer BBs.

Ah, thanks for the info.

I don't think anyone's mentioned, does this thing seem to be picky about the quality of ammo you feed it?

Also, I think it's a bit funny that RW listed the WA's mag under "AEGs."

Perhaps we're looking at these mags all wrong....( I know, what a turn around :D ) if you compare these mags to a "normal" AEG mag, then yeah its very expensive....but perhaps we need to compare these mags to an AEG mag and a Battery...because the mag actually acts as the rifles power source as well.....

I don't think the cost of the mags will kill the desire for this rifle at all, sure this rifle will be more exclusive than a PTW, but since when was exclusivity a bad thing :D

I tell you this for nothing, if I ever see a Chav with one of these, don't worry about him mugging old ladies, cause I'll be mugging him :D

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn
Perhaps we're looking at these mags all wrong....( I know, what a turn around :D ) if you compare these mags to a "normal" AEG mag, then yeah its very expensive....but perhaps we need to compare these mags to an AEG mag and a Battery...because the mag actually acts as the rifles power source as well.....

you should also add the countless bottles of gas you need to feed that beast :D

Anyone care to shoot 50m groups with the stock hopup?

At the beginnig of the thread was stated that groupings are chest-size target at 160-170 feets.

When i'll recieve mine - i'll post the shoot-out results.

you should also add the countless bottles of gas you need to feed that beast :D

True, but batteries don't recharge themselves, you need to plug them into a wall and hope Mr. Electricity company hasn't turned off your supply because of unpaid bills :D

The more I think about it, the more it doesn't seem that bad....and look at the weight of those bad boys, 500g!!

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn

Here's hoping WA will also release replacement mag seals as most of my GBB magazines dont last more than 2 to 3 years without developing leaks.

I have ten year old AEG magazines that still work just as well as the day i got them.