• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squeeky: That thing is VERY reminiscent of an HK-G41. I really like that. I will likely be doing something like it for my brother with a G3+416 this Christmas. That really looks tops! Great job!

Thanks! Just keep in mind that modding the body is the easy part...the tricky part is getting the hop up unit the right length to feed from a m4-style mag. This piece will be going up for sale once its completed.

Yeah plus its a metal body! the hop up unit was modified as well to work with m4 mags. and the gearbox is still accessible thanks to the QD design of ICS. Heres a closer crappy pic of the body

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/pozerx33/PIC-0114.jpg

God you tempt me to build something like that... I have a broken ICS MP5 sitting here just begging me to do something like that :P

I'm guessing you used JBweld and bondo? How did you make the joins so seamless?

Very nice work, I must say... I think I should start looking for cheapo plastic AR receivers...

I think one would benefit from say one of those Cyma RAS kits... They come with those metal outerbarrel...

EDIT: Hmmm... Just thought of something... Take an ICS M4 upper, gut it so I remove the ejection port area, remove ejection port area on MP5 upper, take ICS Charging handle, rearrange it and connect it to MP5 cocking handle via some sort of bearing so it cna take the MP5 handles turn and then you have a functioning opening ejection port in 5.56. Use JB weld and bondo to reconstruct/remold the border on the stock rails, and you have a system that will use a TM style M4 hop-up... I gotta plan this out properly.... This is shapping up to be a very good cool project... I hope you don't mind if I take a bit of your design, its very well thought out... I've been itching to do something liek this ever since I saw that unholy fusion well gun on ASR.....

Edited by Vercingetorix
God you tempt me to build something like that... I have a broken ICS MP5 sitting here just begging me to do something like that :P

I'm guessing you used JBweld and bondo? How did you make the joins so seamless?

Very nice work, I must say... I think I should start looking for cheapo plastic AR receivers...

I think one would benefit from say one of those Cyma RAS kits... They come with those metal outerbarrel...

EDIT: Hmmm... Just thought of something... Take an ICS M4 upper, gut it so I remove the ejection port area, remove ejection port area on MP5 upper, take ICS Charging handle, rearrange it and connect it to MP5 cocking handle via some sort of bearing so it cna take the MP5 handles turn and then you have a functioning opening ejection port in 5.56. Use JB weld and bondo to reconstruct/remold the border on the stock rails, and you have a system that will use a TM style M4 hop-up... I gotta plan this out properly.... This is shapping up to be a very good cool project... I hope you don't mind if I take a bit of your design, its very well thought out... I've been itching to do something liek this ever since I saw that unholy fusion well gun on ASR.....

LOL sounds like way too much work. I did use epoxy and bondo for the body. As for making it seamless i just worked on it like working on a car body. Its still not perfect but looks decent.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

its odd i know, i strangely like it when i know i shouldnt.

the stock spoils it though, it'd probably look pretty cool with one of those ACE fixed skeleton stocks.

are the casings ejected out of the magwell? if so thats a damn cool solution. looks like the charging handle is in a sensible place too (never understood why AR15 charging handles are located where they are)