Protective cap

BadAssTronaut

Check this out, its a protective cap, exclusive to air combat, looks pretty neat :)

An exclusive AirCombat product. A low profile brushed cotton twill cap, with a protective padded Polypropylene plastic shell insert, padded sweatband, t-sliding adjustable buckle. Avoid those painful head shots.

Discuss ;)

Not a bad idea. Baseball caps are often used by SF's for practicality (as are trainers; check out wannabe's site for proof :) )

Though to be fair, not *too* hard to make one yourself. I was shocked to see that you can baseball caps in DPM... Shouldn't they be cricket hats? ;)

Got one of those new caps here with me now (thanks to Nigel at AirCombat). Not bad bits of kit. Whilst they aren't going to save your bonce from falling girders or i-beams they do afford quite a bit of protection from stuff like branches and projectiles.

Obviously severe blunt trauma protection isn't what they are designed for, but for debris and the odd flying BB they will certainly help. The cap is slightly thicker than a normal cap as it has to contain the plastic skullcap on the inside.

Archived