G26 threaded barrel issues

Smith5

I went against everything everyone has told me and all I have read an got the G&G threaded barrel for my G26 and surprise surprise im having some issues. I want to try and get it cycling and don't want to give up yet.

My problem. The outer barrel fits fine, the inner barrel can move smoothly in it and when I cycle the gun by hand either slowly or quickly it doesn't stick 98% of the time. 1% of the time it does stick I cant work out exactly where it it sticking. I have filed all the places I thought it was sticking. It sticks due to there being more resistance for the first cm or so of slide travel as you pull the slide back. The other 1% of the time it sticks it cycles fully but stops from battery by a mm or two. If I wiggle the inner barrel it does move but the slide doesnt fully move forward.

When I try to fire the gun it fires the first bb but the slide sticks about 5mm back from rest and doesnt cycle back to load the next bb. The gun is fine when I put the old outer barrel on.

I did find an old topic in this sub forum but the link in it is dead. Also there is no silencer on in yet.

Ideas anyone?

Edit

Don't want to jinx it but I have just fired off a few full mags successfully, the only cycling problems I had was a few shots the cycle stopped with the slide short of returning to battery by a few mm again. It went to battery with a slight nudge and fired successfully again. What could be preventing it from fully returning to battery these few times?

The previous issue with it sticking after firing the first bb and then venting all the gas seemed to have been solved by filing the front edge of the chamber that the top lip of the slide wold push down on.

Just out of curiosity, what are you running for a recoil spring. It might help the returning to battery issue if you dropped in a spring with a bit more "umph".

Also, what slide etc. are you using with this setup?

Ok to answer the questions above and to update what its doing now:

I don't know the make of the metal slide as I bought this gun second hand. Im assuming the recoil spring is stock. With the normal length G26 barrel I managed to got it cycling 100% of the time with no issues.

Next I installed the G34 length inner barrel (which i intend to hide in a silencer). It still cycles fine. Now though, when I add the thread adapter, if I screw it on all the way the slide will not move back. If I loosen the adapter by just the smallest turn ( 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn at most) it frees up and cycles fine. The inner barrel looks correctly aligned with the outer barrel and doesn't wobble about. Is there any other way to get the adapter fully screwed on and secure with out it preventing cycling. If not Im going to try putting a shim on it so it cannot screw in all the way and see how that works.

Im also going to try a stronger gas as the gun is firing and cycling fine but the slide is not going back far enough to engage the mag catch after firing the last round.

Next I installed the G34 length inner barrel (which i intend to hide in a silencer). It still cycles fine. Now though, when I add the thread adapter, if I screw it on all the way the slide will not move back. If I loosen the adapter by just the smallest turn ( 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn at most) it frees up and cycles fine. The inner barrel looks correctly aligned with the outer barrel and doesn't wobble about. Is there any other way to get the adapter fully screwed on and secure with out it preventing cycling. If not Im going to try putting a shim on it so it cannot screw in all the way and see how that works.

The threaded adapters have a parallel hole through them, either open the hole with a drill to allow the inner barrel to rock a little or do as I did with my glock 34, It has a modded auto nine inner barrel that is 200mm long.

What I did was to use a tapered reamer and open the hole in the adapter (from the barrel) which allows it to rock and cycle but keeps the inner barrel stable at the muzzle end

:rifle:

I filed the inside of the thread adapter at the barrel end and it seems to have done the trick, at least when cycling the slide by hand. I dont have any gas around at the moment, ill update once I've had a chance to try actually shooting it with the next alteration.

Archived