10.8v over kill?

urbandork

i have a ver6 mech box with a systema turbo motor, metal bushings, systema highspeed gears, systema poly carb piston, prometheus poly carb piston head w/ bearings, bearinged spring guide, prometheus m100 spring, systema cylinder head, and a systema tightbore m4 barrel.

I currently am running a 9.6v bat in it and it runns fast but faster would be better and was wondering if a 10.8 would be too much? I understand that anytime you make a system run faster ur guna lower the life span but if i did a 10.8v set up would i only be litterally killing my gearbox in like a years time if i only play two or three times a month?

thank a bunch for all input

Well....

I have a Systema Magnum motor in my M4 and it fires at about 18rps with the normal 2,200mah 9.6v battery in the gun.

When I hooked a 4000mah 9.6v battery up to the gun the ROF was insane. Seriously, it was faster than a lot of the supposedly high ROF set-ups on youtube etc. I didn't check the ROF cos I was worried about breaking something but it was mental.

So, erm, what I'm saying is that, given the correct 9.6v battery, you should be able to get suitably crazy ROF out of a Systema Turbo.

10.8v won't definitely kill your gun.

What I would say is that you should try and optimise it for 9.6v (deans connectors, 16swg wiring, mosfet) and then see if you're happy with the results before bumping things up to 10.8v.

If you DO decide to use 10.8v you can probably expect to get through pistons quite often but that'll be about it.

Well....

I have a Systema Magnum motor in my M4 and it fires at about 18rps with the normal 2,200mah 9.6v battery in the gun.

When I hooked a 4000mah 9.6v battery up to the gun the ROF was insane. Seriously, it was faster than a lot of the supposedly high ROF set-ups on youtube etc. I didn't check the ROF cos I was worried about breaking something but it was mental.

So, erm, what I'm saying is that, given the correct 9.6v battery, you should be able to get suitably crazy ROF out of a Systema Turbo.

10.8v won't definitely kill your gun.

What I would say is that you should try and optimise it for 9.6v (deans connectors, 16swg wiring, mosfet) and then see if you're happy with the results before bumping things up to 10.8v.

If you DO decide to use 10.8v you can probably expect to get through pistons quite often but that'll be about it.

Stealth, with the Magnum installed can you still use your forward assist? I'm currently running a turbo on high speed gears with a 9.6v 3700mah battery and getting 28rps. I'm contemplating installing an AB mosfet and getting something like a Guarder Infinite Torque up or Magnum (whichever is less battery hungry) but I read one report that the magnum magnets were so strong they made the forward assist on a PSG-1 non functional. Reason being I've heard the Magnums have a better lifespan than the Turbo (my first turbo died after about a year but it has been abused a little) and that higher torque motors 'spin up' faster and help you get snappier trigger response.

On topic, I think a 10.8v battery in your set up won't destroy the gearbox itself but unless you remove enough teeth from the piston and check your angle of engagement between sector and piston pick up teeth you're going to be blowing pistons left right and centre. For example my M4 as previously stated runs at 28rps with a Guarder M110 at 350fps. I have to remove two teeth and shim the piston back about 3mm to improve the lifespan of the pick up tooth. I recently dropped in a PDI 150% spring which gave similar FPS but upped my rate of fire to 30fps, presumably with the spring essientially being 'soft' compared to the Guarder. The piston lasted two bursts before the piston stripped at the 4th tooth along from the pick up tooth.

With the gun being V6 that makes me think P90 or Thompson, for the latter have you considered the J type battery packs which can be built from 2000mah cells? These should have a higher discharge capacity that the mini battery packs that the guns normally use.

Alternatively you could try a 7.4v 2000mah lipol, the discharge characteristics are comparable to 9.6v 3300+ mah cell packs but physically are the same size as mini packs.

faster would be better

Why?

Everybody I see at site with insane rates of fire spend more time and money fixing their guns than using them.

The set up you suggest will quite possibly self destruct extremely quickly and you will be looking at a gear box repair a month, not a year.

Why?

Everybody I see at site with insane rates of fire spend more time and money fixing their guns than using them.

The set up you suggest will quite possibly self destruct extremely quickly and you will be looking at a gear box repair a month, not a year.

Faster = more pwning leaves and pwning people

Archived