Did some one ever tell you this

Jboud18

My drivers ed teacher was talking to the whole car when we were talking about having fun. Then he said when you walk up on the stage at the end of 12th grade,its over. Your friends now will either go to college, go away or go in the workforce and youll never see them again. So why your young, take advantage of being 16 and have a lot of fun.

When he told us that i went woo, it made me think. Then it occured to me that it WILL indeed happen. Its almost touching because your best friend will go away. Your gf might even go away unless you stay close. Well i was wondering what do you guys think of it? Does it touch you?

I keep up with my close friends from school. I saw one of my friends who I hadn't seen for 4 years a few weeks back and now we are good friends again. With things like facebook it is all the more easier to keep in contact with people then it would have been when your teacher was at school, so I am not sure that line of thinking is as true anymore.

However most of the people in my school were complete phonies and I just cut them as soon as I left.

Unfortunately, there's every chance that unless you lead a very dull life it's very likely you'll never see your school friends again.

40 years ago you might have married the girl you met in school, bought a house in the next street to your parents and gone to work in the same factory as your dad.

These days you'll probably be TRYING to get into a college or university far away from home on the basis of which is the best one (or maybe just cos you want to get out of your parents house) so you'll immediately only see your old friends for a week every couple of months.

Except that you'll make new friends and so will your old friends. You best mate from school aint gonna sit around waiting for you to come back from college.

Once you've finished college it's you might want to travel or you might be forced to move to find work.

In either case, there's a far smaller chance you'll end up living near your mates from school.

You only met your school friends because your parents were part of the same demographic as your friends parents.

If your mate ends up as a rocket scientist and you're a tyre fitter, you're NOT gonna be living on the same street any more.

Yup it's true. With facebook you tend to be able to chat with them from time to time, but as a whole you never really see your friends again, unless you all either go to the same college or something. Reason being, you make new friends in college, and it's usually quite different. I thought I'd never lose contact wth my old friends, but I barely talk to them anymore. There's just no room for them, literally.

I didnt go to college. nevertheless, I kept in contact with 3-4 school friends for a couple of years...Ive only seen one of them in the last 10-12 years.

I despised almost everyone at school. I attracted towards the loner/geek/outcast crowd which wasnt nearly so large back then. Apart from 1 person I knew at high school, I could happily watch all the others burn.

Maybe thats just me, though.

I'm on study leave right now, and I officially left secondary education on May 12th. The last time I'll probably see a lot of my friends, is during the exams because a lot of them aren't staying on for sixth form. Tis a shame but it can't be helped I suppose.

I'm on study leave right now, and I officially left secondary education on May 12th. The last time I'll probably see a lot of my friends, is during the exams because a lot of them aren't staying on for sixth form. Tis a shame but it can't be helped I suppose.

I couldn't wait to finish secondary school!

When i left in 2005, i pretty much turned around and said "so long suckers"

... They aint seen me ever again.

I had quite a few friends at secondary school, however i saw nearly none of them out of school as all they wanted to do is drink...nothing else, get booze go to car park/ field and drink....i couldnt see the fun in this. Since then i have moved and have about 2 friends at college now, however i cant say i miss my alcoholic friends...

My drivers ed teacher was talking to the whole car when we were talking about having fun. Then he said when you walk up on the stage at the end of 12th grade,its over. Your friends now will either go to college, go away or go in the workforce and youll never see them again. So why your young, take advantage of being 16 and have a lot of fun.

Before the internet, this was 98% accurate. Now that you have everyone's email stored on your address book, and your friends are all on myspace, loosing connections isn't easy. unless like your cell phone gets stolen. Heck I've used myspace to find old school buddies... even my personal website has been found by old elementary school friends.

I attract friends like iron filings, despite being a nasty sum'*badgeress* (i didnt get the nickname Darkchild for nothing). At school i was the angry metal head that wore combats, boots and chains every day yet somehow still had loads of mates. I hated bloody everybody but had everyone from the class geek to the so called "hard" kids counted me among their number. School was weird, im glad i didnt go to college.

Since leaving school I have made hundreds of other mates all over the world but the ones from school are still there, they all still hang around together and when i go home its like i never left 8 years ago.

I suppose it depends on the individual circumstances, but about 90% of my school friends still hang out together.

Darkchild

That has also hit me this week, well yeah about Monday :(

I finish on Friday and im only going back to do exams, alot of my closer friends are going to a defferent college to me so its even harder to keep in contact. Its made me quite sad actually. :unsure:

Chris *No image is sutiable here right now :mellow:*

so.... you cant have friends or fun when your older? WAH?

i know that, if i decide to continue living here after finishing my education, ill still airsoft at the same site, know people in my area, ectect, and make friends from work. also i expect with the internetz its not going to be hard to keep in touch with my friends from school

Archived