Im off again, Afghan this time

darkchild130

In unrelated news, I see Yahtzee has finished a GTA4 review. That's gonna be fun. :D

I saw it last week sometime, he was very correct, imo the game did not quite deserve 10/10, more a 9 or 9.5/10.

his reviews always crack me up.

i cant remember what was said about the PSP brothers in arms, but in general i by far prefer BIA games to the over rated MOH series.

Might have been me, there's another thread somewhere about PSP games.

Oddly, I found BiA to be much easier to play on the PSP than MoH (Although there's a newer MoH especially for the PSP).

Only downside with BiA is if you've got the PC games, the PSP one is just an amalgam of the two PC games...

Cheers.

thanks for the input, i already have:

SOCOM 1+2

Killzone liberation

Capcom classics reloaded

MGS PO+

Tekken

Street fighter Alpha

Syphon filter dark mirror

Ive just recently bought:

Warhammer 40k squad command

EA replay (megadrive/genesis games)

Worms

Syphon filter logan's shadow

And plan to buy:

SOCOM tactical strike

MGS portable ops

Armored core formula front (time consuming is good!)

Patapon

cheers!

Darkchild

Another one that is fun for quick play is Atari Arcade classics.

It contains Asteroids, Asteroids deluxe, Battlezone, Centipede, Lunar Lander, Millipede, Missile comand, Pong, Super Breakout, Tempest, and Warlords.

The evolved versions of the games can be a good change of pace.

Of course I mostly play my old favortite Centipede, if only I had all the quarters I used to play it in high school.

MGS portable ops is lots of fun, especially kidnapping half the OPFOR before they know somethings up! I've got rid of my PSP now, but if i'm right, portable ops plus should be out in the UK by now.

Also I had GUN Showdown, it was alright, not as long as the GTA games, but a large-ish environment with a fair bit of "off-story" missions to do. And of course playing a game in a wild-west setting is quite a novelty. Being as cheap as it is now, even if you don't like it, its probably not gonna cost you more than a couple of quid on ebay or whatever.

Coded Arms was very bad, but it was one of the release titles if I remember right, so its well ancient.

Prince of Persia made me want to throw my PSP at the wall, but I'm easily infuriated with the whole "falling off obstacles" 3D platform game thing.

And Worms is always pure win, encrusted with the finest awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
well ive been fastballed for another Op tour in July to Afghan and i wondered what good games there are out there for the PSP, as i have completed all the ones i took to Iraq.

I need a list of good games to buy before i go, i thought id ask here as us airsofters share similar interests ie. shooting stuff and customising things.

Darkchild

Are you civvie contractor or squaddie? If a civvie then I hope you get your moneys worth out of your employers, but if a squaddie then the MoD is definately getting it's moneys worth out of you. :D All the best either way.

Monster Hunter Freedom, is a great game and takes so long to finish, theres lots of big monsters to kill, although it gets a little repetitive, the challenge increases as you go up the ranks etc amke new armor swords, upgrade your farm, hrie cats to cook for you.

Hope you make it back safe man!

Are you civvie contractor or squaddie? If a civvie then I hope you get your moneys worth out of your employers, but if a squaddie then the MoD is definately getting it's moneys worth out of you. :D All the best either way.

Infantry mate, 4th Btn Rifles.

Darkchild

Medal of Honour: Heroes 2; Girlfriend got me it for christmas, I've never gone back to any other FPS quite so happily.

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters; Best. Game. Ever. Especially if Ratchet and Clank is your bag.

The NFS games on PSP are pretty good, dont reckon much to the other racng games myself.

Vice City Stories is worth every penny, just for the pick up and playability (if you get a completed save like I did to run round killing stuff or driving like a madman, then start your own save for the missions and such).

I also got Harvest Moon; Innocent life for the relaxation factor, Final Fantasy because I'm a geek in that way (but we all have a geeky RPG side, don't we) and NHL 07 because I'm a hockey fan.

One last reccomendation would have to be some form of snooker game, most of them have freeplay modes etc, which makes them ideal for time-busting when really bored. The officially licensed one was really good; it saved where you were in a match without needing much space or time; ideal if you're in a rush, you can play a few shots in a minute, turn it off and come back to it an hour later for a few more shots etc...

Good luck, don't hurt yourself, or do anything too silly, don't miss us, and enjoy!

Also, with PSP games, Ebay is a good friend, I picked up several of my games for about £3 on there, including VCS.

I'd reccomend VCS, Monster Hunters, Tales of eternia, burnout legends and ace combat

I find Ace Combat lags a little,especially when in a dogfight when a lot is going on the game slows down and it gets annoying after a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived