RSOV/Gunner/any other retailer queries...

Pablo

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone list me some reliable US/HK retailers that will ship the the UK

I'm looking for madbull co2 shells and they cost a kidney here so looking to import. I am thinking Evike but I have heard a fiar few bad stories about them... I'e used Rsov before but they dont stock madbull, the same with ehobbyasia and WGC. That quite frankly sucks because they have excellent service!

Thanks

QFE.

I would like to order an airsoft weapon from HK, but I think i will be stung by postal charges / customs screwing me up. :/ what is the likelyhood they would seize the package if it came through customs? What do I need to do to import RiFs? I have my UKARA license all sorted and I have got the cash together to order sometime over the next 2 weeks, but im a bit worried that it will get screwed with the postal services, and there arent enough chinese-airsoft retailers in the UK. :/ (airsoftscotland are 75% out of stock most times, and there arent many places that seem to stock anything decent for a good price.)

Would someone please help me out here? Thanks.

Its really hard to work out the probability of it getting hit by customs, best bet is to set aside the money you might need to pay.

I recently made a team order of gas pistols along with some gears and accessories from RSOV. Few days after ordering I received a package with everything but the gas pistols. There were no seizure notice or customs marking on the box. The tracking info online didn't show any problems but it did show that it went through customs. I contacted RSOV and they assured me that they sent it. What weird is that the box I received had a label stating that it was 43 pounds but actual weight was 13 lbs and it was not big enough to have fit all the guns. Seized or stolen, I have no idea.

My question is does U.S customs usually inform the receiver if goods are seized?

Always UPS. Recently ordered from WGC, looking at the tracking, the package went from Hong Kong, to Korea, Back to Hong Kong, again to Korea, then directly from Korea to the nearest airport from my house (about 40km) then 3 hours later the guy showed up at my doorstep. And they called me while the the package was on its way from Korea and asked if I wanted to pay the taxes directly over the phone, took about 2 minutes and great CS from the girl at UPS.

Have used TNT once. It was the last time. The package arrived and I asked "How much should I pay for taxes and costums fee?". He said there wasnt gonna be any, it had already been payed for when I made the order.

A year later, they call and told me I must pay taxes and customs fee for the package. ONE YEAR LATER!

Got a bit angry, told them what the guy who delivered the package had told me. So they said they were gonna start an investigation. That was 6 months ago, havnt heard from them since.

Have used UPS about 10 or so times.

For those in the USA that have ordered a gbb from RSOV, did it come with an orange barrel and covered trades? TNT said my shipment was seized by custom and the only reason I could think of is the barrel and trades. I contacted RSOV before ordering and they assured me that the barrels will be painted and trades covered.

Heads up for anyone ordering from RSOV:

As you may have seen, RSOV has recently been putting absolutely ridiculous orange tips on their guns lately. AK's orange all the way to the grips, HK416s with the entire gas block painted, overspray onto the receiver, etc. Well, I recently contacted them about this and apparently it's their policy to do so now.

We paint flash hide till 2-5cm on the outer barrel as we had experience which we only paint on flash hider, but the gun cannot pass the custom successfully. After we paint more 2-5cm on the outer barrel and the gun can pass the custom successfully.

Anyway, we can only paint flash hide if you want,

But we will not provide any warranty guarantee or money back guarantee for customs confiscation or return.

Additionally, RSOV has repeatedly dodged the question of how they cover trademarks and both times have only given me a vague reply that "we also must cover the trademark." So, don't be surprised if you're in the US and your next order is covered in bright orange and there's nasty Dremel marks where your trademarks were supposed to be. My experience ordering from them before was good, but I think I'll be steering clear in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know any ehobbyasia coupons? I have an order around $138, it's all clothing and gear that add up to ~$80 (after account subtotal discount) then shipping costs $58, so it sky rockets up to $138.70. I probably won't be ordering until late next week sometime, but I'm trying to prepare everything and research it all before I order.

Also, a "XL" uniform should be good if I'm 5'11" - 6' right?

• 3 weeks later...

Ive read through alot of these threads but i would appreciate a direct experience pour moi;

Im thinking about ordering (among other things) an ARMY MEU from RSOV, does anyone have any relevant experiences here that would make me more sure since ive never ordered from abroad, much less an RIF and since the VCR shizzley-dizzle.

I dont have a UKRA membership due to lack of skirmishing for OVER A YEAR (im dead inside). I telephoned a nice man at HMRC who said as long as its under 6ft psi then it wont have any problems coming through. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea whether airsoft guns are near that so some help for a n00b there would be appreciated too.

Ta verymuchlike

L

I've thus imported 2 RIFs from HK so far. Successfully, might I add.

For RIF orders, IF customs stops and checks your package, then you will need to be able to provide defence under the VCRA. You do NOT need UKARA or a site membership, but you will need to be able to provide the proof. One of my orders, a MP5K was not checked. That was ordered from Gunnersairsoft. The other, a S&M M66 2.5" revolver, was stopped and checked. That was ordered from WGC.

In my case, I keep my own skirmish log of dates I've skirmished at certain sites. I submitted the dates for one site to HMRC along with a copy of that site's public liability insurance cert and a contact number for the site owner. HMRC verified the skirmish dates and then released my order(the M66) to me.

Regardless of the energy of the gun, I am quite sure that as long as it LOOKS like a real firearm, it is subject to the VCRA, and thus require a valid defence to import.

• 4 weeks later...

I've aways ordered State Side so i'm finally buying overseas for a Steel version of the Kalash RK-03 (AKS74) since on East coast dealer has it in stock. I live in the US,NY i was wondering either do Hong Kong Post - Air mail or Shipping to US by EMS

I've never done either which is why i ask the question. And if customs gets it i'm assuming i swallow the taxes for both? Which is 25% of what i ordered from what i believe?

got a question to shoot in the dark: has anyone ordered from boomarms recently? i put down an order for a custom pistol about 2 weeks ago and i haven't even received a quote to send my payment! i heard they can lag it but 2 weeks? are these guys too busy to make money?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone know how postage for Tokyo Model Co. is calculated? I placed an order today and all the shipping options were given as $0.00, so I'm not sure if it's free shipping or will they calculate shipping upon order confirmation.

Does anyone know how postage for Tokyo Model Co. is calculated? I placed an order today and all the shipping options were given as $0.00, so I'm not sure if it's free shipping or will they calculate shipping upon order confirmation.

they calculate shipping upon confirmation. At least these days, it changes like the seasons with them.

Does any one have good reviews regarding the service of CRW airsoft?

I find their method of shipping calculation a bit akward.

I d'like to purchase that blast belt they have, but I am reluctant regarding the shipping calculation service they provide.

THX :D

Hey gang

Has anyone ever bought from KHmountain? just dipped my toes into the water and ordered a GBB from them...

Red

I currently have a bowman headset on the way from them. I ordered it via their e-bay store on the 15th and received my tracking info yesterday. I've read a few things saying they are hit and miss, hopefully everything will run nice and smoothly!

Archived