custom fit mask

heroshark

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow it looks just like the one i have recieved from america

mines called the stalker mask tho

good to see you today mate hope you like your new mask :)

been tinkering making one of these then went to shoot today and got my tooth shot out! 300quid plus days worth of airsoft lol

Ooops ,expesive day out :) .

• 4 weeks later...

It' bit more difficult: I molded my face with plastered gauze(I used old safety goggles). I used a small plastic tube to be able to breathe. After it I scarved a face on this using more plaster. So it's not 100% my face... It's bigger. After; when it was totally OK and smooth too(I used sandpapers, sharp knife); I made a negative mold(this time I applied a special silicon directly on the positive mold, after it plaster and gauze).

So I laminated fiber glass, and polyesther gut in the negative mold, and I got the positive result(you can see it on the first photo).

The most important thing is that perforated steel plate is more safer, than a steel net. And the plate must be fastened with laminate from inside too.

In a CQB situation a BB from a 400+ fps gun perforated at the net-laminate border: missed about mms my eye, and left the mask by hiting my ear... so I decided to make a better one.

The most important thing is that perforated steel plate is more safer, than a steel net. And the plate must be fastened with laminate from inside too.

In a CQB situation a BB from a 400+ fps gun perforated at the net-laminate border: missed about mms my eye, and left the mask by hiting my ear... so I decided to make a better one.

I bet that *suitcase* you up

That was the other thing I was going to ask. When I was making my "Heat" inspired mask, I tested some different perforated steel plates. I was primarily looking for a perforated steel plate that gave good visibility and protected the eyes, and used the BitterEnd eye protection as my baseline for what I was in search of. I found some material that looked right and was very similar to the BitterEnd mesh, which easily withstood 500+ fps shots at point blank range. I also tested the perforated mesh common in many ACM mesh masks and found they would consistently get penetrated with shots as low as 350 fps. So when I first saw your mesh, it had me worried because it looked like the mesh used in those ACM masks. Glad to hear it's not. :)

Are 400 fps allowed in CQB where you play or what? Because then I'd reconsider playing there :)

400 fps is allowed, but that's the limit. Sadly we played with an unknown team, and I think they didn't keep the rules.<_<

would I need to supply the fabric, epoxy and lacquer ? or have you been dabbling with CF ?

:)

I can get it .I can also get kevlar or even carbon kevlar mix .I think I'll be using some soon for a friends mask ,he plays goalie at feild hockey

Archived