custom fit mask

heroshark

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vast majority of craft and hobby stores carry plaster bandage.

I got charged the exhorbitant cost of £1.59, (about $2.00) for 10m of plaster bandage which has been enough for me to do a half cast "masquerade" type mask cast for a rather nice female freind of mine and a fall face cast for a freind that wants a net minders helmet making up.

Although he doesn't place ice hockey anymore, he is fed up with being hit by the puck as he sits just above the plexi line.

I'll post up piccies of both as they are going.

I used the same fibre glass retailer that HS has. Now before I placed my order, I rang them and told them what I was looking at doing and they reallly couldn't have been more help so if you're in the UK, try http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk.

Next stage with photos will follow shortly.

The vast majority of craft and hobby stores carry plaster bandage.

I got charged the exhorbitant cost of £1.59, (about $2.00) for 10m of plaster bandage which has been enough for me to do a half cast "masquerade" type mask cast for a rather nice female freind of mine and a fall face cast for a freind that wants a net minders helmet making up.

Although he doesn't place ice hockey anymore, he is fed up with being hit by the puck as he sits just above the plexi line.

I'll post up piccies of both as they are going.

I used the same fibre glass retailer that HS has. Now before I placed my order, I rang them and told them what I was looking at doing and they reallly couldn't have been more help so if you're in the UK, try http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk.

Next stage with photos will follow shortly.

my local craft shop are incredibly un-helpfull ,and rude <_< .Unless your into decoupage .As said if you can avoid postage its better. The guys a ECF are very nice indeed. I look forward to seeing your masks :)

Building my own mask out of paper mache. not as robust as the fibreglass counter parts but provided you layer it thick enough and with criss crossing layers then you can get it so tough!! i remember building a paper mache mask for a play i was in as a kid that was so solid it could support my weight when i stood on it.

Im gonna model the shape on the punisher logo helmet as it loooks SAVAGE, and im gonna incorporate my polycarbonate glasses as they look pretty bionic and would fit in well.

Building my own mask out of paper mache. not as robust as the fibreglass counter parts but provided you layer it thick enough and with criss crossing layers then you can get it so tough!! i remember building a paper mache mask for a play i was in as a kid that was so solid it could support my weight when i stood on it.

Im gonna model the shape on the punisher logo helmet as it loooks SAVAGE, and im gonna incorporate my polycarbonate glasses as they look pretty bionic and would fit in well.

thats what the mask sharky is making for me is based on! have just sent him my face mold & hopefully he should recieve it in the morning! gonna look quite a bit different than some of his other masks as its going to be quite minimal with basically just the skull shape covering my face with the cheeks open but the teeth covering mine! gonna be doing the paint on it myself & gonna build in some scaring into it! cant wait to see the results as my bro has one of his generic masks & the build quality is second to none!!!

Just to add a quick commendation of Mr. Shark's work, he fitted some mesh to a Stykes (man face model) mask and did a rather fetching paint job on it, based on the make-up that Brandon Lee wore in the Crow, excellent job, hard wearing too, it hasn't shown any signs of coming off despite a few skirmishes and rubbing alot on the stock of my lr300.

Not to rubbish you idea but ,will it not turn back to mush if you start sweating ?

lovint the website sharkey! is looking good bud! hope it goes well for you!

cheers bud, thought it was about time :rolleyes:

your host is on a free server? its slow as hell from far down here to open...waited for a while and got some open but gave up, tried both on Firefox 3.5.2 and IE8

yeah Its free. Works quick enough when I've gone on it. Tbh I'm not that up with computer stuff :mellow: .Anyhow, I would realy appreciate any testamonials from my customers on my visitors comments.

Cheers, Sharky :)

yeah Its free. Works quick enough when I've gone on it. Tbh I'm not that up with computer stuff :mellow: .Anyhow, I would realy appreciate any testamonials from my customers on my visitors comments.

it wont work so good for outside UK :( you should get a paid server if you plan to do business with it :)

it wont work so good for outside UK :( you should get a paid server if you plan to do business with it :)

cool ,I see :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was inspired by thees photos and daríwings, I wanted to add "Ray-Ban" goggles too :gun:

Masks.jpg

I made my one for SEAL-SAS 'Nam' impreession:

P9250080.jpg

I molded my face myself :ph34r: wearin' old safety goggles..

P9260083.jpg

After it I carved a face...

P9260084.jpg

Next I made a "negative" mold:

DSCF0299.jpg

I painted 'in' black and transparent acrylate:

PA190049.jpg

Sadly the colors... :no: So I repainted it(black/green acrylate):

PA240022.jpg

PA240024.jpg

It's not as shiny as on the photos... but too shiny for me... so if I will have an opportunity I'll make it matte by using sandblowing(?)

Archived