custom fit mask

heroshark

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its alive :D .

I was inspired by thees photos and daríwings, I wanted to add "Ray-Ban" goggles too :gun:

It's not as shiny as on the photos... but too shiny for me... so if I will have an opportunity I'll make it matte by using sandblowing(?)

Looks great bud. It'll do yo better than a sykes. As for the paint I like to use tamiya ,or humbrol model paints you use for the little army models .They have a realy nice matte finish

Updated photo' at urban:

Looking good buddy. I was hopeing to bump into you at that new sheffeild site but Its too close to new baby day. Oh yeah, Rich what you up to? I'm getting impatient ;)

Murdoc- some fine wire wool will dull the shine quite nicely without removing much/any paint if you go gently, working in circles around the mask.

That's a good idea, it's also useful in ageing... :rolleyes:

Looks great bud. It'll do yo better than a sykes. As for the paint I like to use tamiya ,or humbrol model paints you use for the little army models .They have a realy nice matte finish

That's also good beacuse I have to buy black spray to paint tiger stripe on my"belt kit"...

You over"paint" with transparent acrylate(epoxy) on the tamya colors; do you?

That's also good beacuse I have to buy black spray to paint tiger stripe on my"belt kit"...

You over"paint" with transparent acrylate(epoxy) on the tamya colors; do you?

no, if you paint over it with epoxy you'll get the shine back .Unless you do that then wire wool .The model paints are surprisingly hard wearing without adding a protective layer.

no, if you paint over it with epoxy you'll get the shine back .Unless you do that then wire wool .The model paints are surprisingly hard wearing without adding a protective layer.

I thought about spary overpaint with epoxy(by my: polyesther). I used it by GFK ship building.

I was inspired by thees photos and daríwings, I wanted to add "Ray-Ban" goggles too :gun:

what you need is to get a cheap set of aviators, pop the lenses out and stick the frame on there. maybe a high gloss black finished set of lenses made from very fine mesh (just for cosmetics)

My heroshark mask (based on a cactus hobby man face mask)

Got another mask to do if you are interested in another project chap.

great pic, your sorted fo halloween :D .Not taking jobs at the mo, as new baby is imminent. but send me a pm with details ,and I'll put it on my jobs to do list.

• 1 month later...

Can't recommend Heroshark enough!

Sent my Bolle Trackers off to him on Monday, they arrived and I paid via Paypal on Tuesday (£12). Glasses arrvied back at mine this morning, meshed! Very impressed with how neatly they are done, how solid they feel and the good service I got from him.

Here's a quick piccy.

Glasses.jpg

• 1 month later...
Great masks! I think ill be saving up for a skull mask...now do I do half or full...

p.s Keepig this thread alive..for everyone

cheers ,I'll try to.

Im getting a half face skull & Goggles. They realy are an airsoft innovation

Innovation , cool :D

Dude, this stuff, is AWESOME!!!

Thankyou :)

Gawd I hate being in the US

I have to settle for a cheapo Scott paintball mask <_<

If you can save some pennies ,which with a gbbr is not easy. I'm always here to help ;) .

Right boys, and girls .Been busy making some lovey masks for you all ,But no real stand out peices. I've got something interesting coming up, so for old times sake I might be pursuaded go through the motions again for you all :) .

• 4 weeks later...

Archived