custom fit mask

heroshark

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All yer masks are awesome, but that black mask with the full sides is chocolate and foreplay right there! Sweet and pleasurable! DANG!

that maybe the most bizzare compliment ever :huh: ,cheers :D

The mask looks a bit sad, in a very creepy way. Excellent work ;D

yeah, when I was making the mold I thought that ,which makes it all the more sinister. Even more so than the ones I tried to make mean .If you google ernie higgins mask you'll see my inspiration for it

right, I have a genaric mold for you all to scrutinize :)

DSC00469-1.jpg

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00471.jpg

I like the generic mask, now if you can make masks from that for a reasonable price you might be onto a winner

I'm aiming around the £50-60 mark, sound reasonable? The thing is with this mold I can make a full coverage ,right down to just a face mask .Visor ,or seperate eyes. And any ventilation design desired :)

Your latest mask is EXTREMELY hot. I was contemplating on buying those cactus stuff, but as said they look bit flimsy. Yours looks like it could take some punishment! I think the price range your thinking is affordable as the supplies+trial masks would pile up nicely for a newbie. Looking forward to see that latest mask styled products :)

I've layed up and cut my first genaric mask .Me and a couple of the lads at work tried it on ,and so far so good . When I go to my next 2 skirmishes I'll take it to see if it fits everybody ,and get some feedback ,then I'll sell it. I'm pretty sure I've got the mold right though, so it'll probably stay this shape :) .

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00477.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

i think 50quid wud b ok. The army of 2 i got worked out at 40 at the time. But i guess perhaps if u got enough order u cud do them a bit cheaper. I defintly like it.

thats the ao2 chopped strand matte pos. This made with qulity materials ,by hand, with airsofting playing in mind ,not just to look the part. I would be mugging myself at that price , and I'm already doing that as it is tbh .I make them simpily because I don't like the other mask options on the market, and I like making things .I make very little out of theis masks .When people contact me, and I tell them a price most never contact me again ,because everybody wants somthing for nothing. If they were to have ago themselves ,I bet they'd be asking for alot more than me .This is the point of my thread. If people don't want to pay, try make one yourself ,all the info is up here ,and I'm willing to help any budding mask makers .If your not able or can't be bothered, just pay somebody else to do it :D

Must say that the earlier black mask looked better. But I guess it would be much harder for to make as a general model as it looks like a perfect fit. The new one kinda has resemblance with Bad Taste :D

Btw I got a pair of mesh lenses for my ESS V-12 from him for the cost of lunch money. Perfect fit!

Excellent. Yeah I'll hit you up after Christmas and see about placing an order. After all I've seen I have every confidence that you'd do an outstanding job.

Do you install mesh as well, or is that something the end user has to do?

- CapaciousZepher

yeah they come ready meshed. I'm gonna use bitter end mesh hopefully ,for you guys in the US .So you know they'll be approuved for your skirmish feilds .Thats if he'll sell me some otherwise ,I'll knock a bit off the cost ,and you'll have to send them to him to be meshed. Not that I doubt the mesh I use, but if you were to have a mask you couldn't use ,it would be fairly pointless :D

Must say that the earlier black mask looked better. But I guess it would be much harder for to make as a general model as it looks like a perfect fit. The new one kinda has resemblance with Bad Taste :D

Btw I got a pair of mesh lenses for my ESS V-12 from him for the cost of lunch money. Perfect fit!

yeah, your right .It woulden't be very cost effective either .It does a bit ,I love bad taste. Forget lord of the rings ect thats Peter Jackson at his best :D .Glad you like the lenses :)

personally i think instead of the holes in the mouth part a grill or lines would look better, sort of horizontal lines like the sensai mask

holes are the easiest, quickest ,most cost effective way to vent the mask. This mask is an exsample of the most budget mask I can make, but I could do lines if you so wish :) .Mesh pannels in cut outs would be extra though, as they are more work and materials. Like I say each one can be customed to the users specifications ;)

How much would one like that cost? It'd go perfect with my sci-fi urban loadout... :P

EDIT-- sorry about quoting the pic, i started describing it.. the one with the eyes and the vents... but realised i failed.

can't remember how long I took making that .I got a bit carried away, but at a guess about £170ish

can't remember how long I took making that .I got a bit carried away, but at a guess about £170ish

Just to add to that, thats for a mask built to your head of the exact specs .I could probably build something similar (also to your face mold) for around the £120 mark ,which probably sounds more appealing :) ,but it wouldn't have the full wrap around coverage

Its nearly finished ,bar the mesh. So far everyone whos tried it on says its a good fit :D .Heres some pics

gen1.jpg

gen2.jpg

gen5.jpg

gen3.jpg

gen4.jpg

btw the backplate is a optional extra, I had one kicking about so I put it on as a bonus to whoever buys the prototype.

And it looks tight because I had my hat on ,plus I didn't buy quite enough elastic so its right at its limit :rolleyes:

a while back you made mesh goggles. How much would you charge to make another pair? How much fps did they withstand? Obviously not made with oakley frames just the normal cheap goggle frames

depends on what I base it on first, cost wise then £5-10 on top of that depending on materials and time. They'll take a 500fps single shot .I tried to break them full auto, at 330fps point blank and it just wasn't happening .Its mentioned some way back in the thread :)

Ok ,I'm done :D . The paint job is due to running out of green paint ,and I wanted to merge the mesh in. Plus it adds a little drama, and thats what theis masks are all about :D .I've had a chat with Mr.Bitterend ,and hes not gonna sell me some mesh ,nor is he willing to give me a ballpark quote to mesh one of my masks. So the options are for US players who want a mask. Buy a mask and ask him yourself .Use my mesh and chance not being allowed to use the mask at your site .Or you can specify a goggle of any type .I would suddgest bitterend ,or a good thermal goggle. I can perchace them, cut the mask to fit them, and add them to the over all cost :) .I can also do the padding in 3 thicknesses 8-10-12mm, deppending on how big you noggin is .Heres the pics anyway.

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

Archived