custom fit mask

heroshark

Heres my new mold for the generic .I used top coat wall plaster for it (it takes 12 hours to dry ,as oppose to 30 for the casting plaster, cheaper though).Taking a plaster bandage mold of my plasticine prototype as I would a face then pouring it. A fortunate accident happened in the process .When the bandage female mold didn't come off i slit it under the chin to get it off then re-bandaged the slit creating a weak point. When I poured it, the weight of the plaster pushed the side walls out ,and the chin up making the mask a slightly wider fit .Which is the one dimention some of my testers found it didn't fit them. I'll also be making a fiberglass shim that fits over the mold, to make a larger size mask. For those who are large of head :D .

gm1.jpg

gm2.jpg

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well as a member of the same team as heroshark i keep seeing all his new creations so thought i would follow his guide and have a go myself heres my first attempt its not great but al keep trying it doesn't quite go back far enough past my ears buti know where i went wrong so will change that on my next go

l_316a8866f0f646e39867183d115abcef.jpg

l_a1dcf903b11b4675938915803d3227d2.jpg

wow, that looks evil. i must say i do like the flat mouth area as opposed to the ridge like shape on HS's generic mold (not knocking your work HS, jut my preference ;))

did you base your mask on something from a video game or something? it looks very familiar, but i cant put my finger on it.

wow, that looks evil. i must say i do like the flat mouth area as opposed to the ridge like shape on HS's generic mold (not knocking your work HS, jut my preference ;))

did you base your mask on something from a video game or something? it looks very familiar, but i cant put my finger on it.

not thinking of a cylon by any chance are you :D ?

lol well i am a massive fan of the predator films and i own a celtic predator biomask replica as used in the avp films it was sitting on a shelf next to me when i was moulding the mask that might have somthing to do with it

and the fact i was after a mask similar to a pred mask around the mouth but more army of two at the top i think i got what i was after it does have a very cylon kinda shape to it two was thinking of fiting cycling red led's across the eyes for those night games

oh the black paint is just a first coat to seal it it might end up OD or have a funky paint job

heres a pic of my predator mask

l_59ac46d965134028bb686f96a610fe71.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

HS's work in those pics, although last night I was working on the paintjob some more. I'll get new pics up soon.

This mask is not quite low pro enough to use the flipup irons on my S-system. It would probably be fine when used with carry handle irons though.

If you were to use glasses with a mask like this you'd probably want the mesh on the outside of the eyes.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

can you use irons with it?

Also any chance you could make one to work with eyeglasses? Because thats my major issue besides funding.

I can build the mask out to accomadate glasses if you want. With the face mold fitted masks you can get closer to your irons .They cost a bit more, and you'll have to do a face cast and send me it ,but its worth it imo :D

HS's work in those pics, although last night I was working on the paintjob some more. I'll get new pics up soon.

Cool, can't wait :) .

I've been working on some mouth guards ,for those who only want tooth protection some of the time in cqb. I can also provide mesh goggles with them as a set, so they fit together. I can mesh any goggle you want ,including ones to fit over eye glasses .Heres what I've got so far.

DSC00582.jpg

some goggle exsamples.

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

If you could make something like the tooth guard that can fit pretty easily onto ESS style goggles I'd worship you as god.

sure could ,bow down before me :D

yery cool very post apocaliptic

look like sumthing from fallout3 or madmax

I don't look that bad do I?

The mouth guards are a great idea, I wear shooting glasses usually so how badly does the mouth guard direct breath upwards? Odd question i know

Not odd at all .With the right padding round the top edge ,and 2 large mesh vents. In the words of the great Paul Daniels "Not alot" :D

Archived