custom fit mask

heroshark

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm I'll have a serious think about one of those if you start selling them. Love your previous work by the way, saw some guys wearing something similar at the last GZ weekender.

already am :) .Everything I make is individual to whatever the wearer wants, anybody interested will generaly pm me.

That's really cool, very Steampunk. All it takes is a pair of goggles like that...

How even are the drilled holes in all your masks?

I try make them even as possible :D . I do it all by eye so not always perfect ,but its never drastically off .If there ever was I'd fill it and re-cut it.

how much would these half masks sell for?

£30 ,vent design of your choice(within reason), colour of you choice, and coutoured to your eye wear if needed. Any other requsted adaptions to one ,don't hesitate to ask .I try to meet any request asked :) .

yay :D no mesh yet ,but you get the idea

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

I decided to trim my mask ,because its just kept on bugging me. Took about 3cms ish off it, what do we think :) .

chg.jpg

chj.jpg

ch.jpg

OMG these are AWESOME!!! Especially the half mask ones, those are sick! :D

I just got one question, have you ever tried using the molding style and apply weight onto the mold so the materials are more compacted with eachother like in the Hockey Mask video?

no .It would mean making a two part mold .Which would bump the price up further. Anyway the masks are strong, and light enough without :)

Holy ###### may hafta get one of those halfies from you... roll on next payday!

looks like I'm gonna have my work cutout. Already sold the 2 I made at the skirmish today ,and the orders are building up :D .

• 2 weeks later...
One word for this thread - Inspirational.

I made a few masks when I was at college years back, they were big clunky mod-roc things for stage shows.

Do you have a link to a good supplier of the twill cloth please?

Cheers,

Dan.

[edited for confusing spelling]

great ,good to hear :D . all you need is here http://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co.uk/stor...43_264_265.html

Thanks for that, it's now book marked and the good lady has agreed to help with the plastering.

no problem .The plastering is good fun .You'll have to show us your mask when its done. Feel free to ask any questions if you get stuck, the guys at east coast fiberglass are quite helpfull too if you ring them :)

Half mask has given me an idea, time to start sketching!

KM

nice ,enjoy creating ;)

couple more designs. Theis are cut low so you can wear them with large goggles, and are well vented .So theres no breath directed up into the goggles. Infact their very free breathing .If your the kind of person who finds masks stuffy, theis are just the job :)

DSC00632.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

Hi all, this is my first post on arnies tho i've been a member for ages so plesae be gentle :P.

I've finally got some thing worthy of sharing with every one, my HS full mask arived today and it rocks :punk: , i've got a basic unfinished or painted one as i want to try and do some skulpting the paint my self.

i'll keep every one posted with how i get on.

once again cheers to sharky for the great service and the fantastic work.

D :D

Hi all, this is my first post on arnies tho i've been a member for ages so plesae be gentle :P.

I've finally got some thing worthy of sharing with every one, my HS full mask arived today and it rocks :punk: , i've got a basic unfinished or painted one as i want to try and do some skulpting the paint my self.

i'll keep every one posted with how i get on.

once again cheers to sharky for the great service and the fantastic work.

D :D

no problem. Can't wait to see the finished product :)

Looks GREAT dude! Fantastic work. I especially like the full face mask (looks much better after you cut off the extra 3cm). Question: can BBs get through the mouth holes? Did you pad the mask on the inside at all?

Cheers uscm :D .All the holes/slots I cut are 5mm .Where the slots cross over to make the teeth they're just about right to catch a bb, which could be quite funny if it ever happens. I've had to adjust th padding In that mask several times, Heres a couple of pics from a recent skirmish, its not great but skirmish pics of me are rare :D

me.jpg

me1.jpg

And the padding. Changed since ,but its similar

DSC00442.jpg

Archived