HurricanE EOTech 551 Replica Review

HurricanE EOTech Replica

Hello Airsofters! Let me introduce the worlds first brand of Aim Points that has successfully replicated the L-3's EOTechl; HurricanE. The model I will review for you is an exact replica of the L-3 551.A65/1 which sells for about $450.00. This HurricanE is yours for only $160.00 for practically the same item. This model is the Compact style of EOTech and is mainly used for CQB or smaller more sleeker weapons.

Sorry for the blurry pics.

DSC00575.jpg

[^] The only Trades on this HurricanE are the "For Law Enforcement/ Military Use". There is no EOTech brand name on the side though for copyright uses.

DSC00576.jpg

The Right side has 2 dials for moving the sights up and down. This is where you sight your EOTech in via flat head screw driver.

DSC00578.jpg

The back side contains 3 rubber pad buttons.

DSC00580.jpg

Removing the battery couldn't be any easier. Just pull up on the hinge located on the front top on the EOTech. This model holds the N type batteries, 4 of them. Other EOTech's hold AA and AAA batteries.

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

The optics when turned on are very visible in-doors. When taken out doors they become less visible but with 20 brightness levels can be modified. Red for day, Green color for night time or NVG optic mounts. This is compatible with with Gen4 NVGs. No ghosting here just my old digi cam flarring up the blur.

DSC00586.jpg

Can be easily and quickly mounted onto any RIS/RAS. Just turn the knob on the left side of the EOTech and tighten.

DSC00589.jpg

Inter housed in a Magnesium Alluminum mounting hood for added shock resistance and damage protection this makes it perfect for rough play. Also the up and down arrows control the brightness. The NV button at the top changes the color. The up arrow turns the system on. When you hold the down and up arrow in sync for 1 second then let go the system turns off. It also has a chip controlled 2 hour auto shut off so you wont have to worry about losing battery life if you forget to turn her off after a game.

I give this Replica 5 out of 5.

This is perfect item if you cannot afford L-3s EOTech systems and Tactical Airsoft Supply offers them cheap. After 6 hours of constant sun light, harsh movement/ enviroment, and game play tests I am so stunned with this item that I only payed $160 USD for it. Finally an optical unit that lets you quickly raise your rifle and aquire the target with both eyes open and fire then knowing your bullets are going in that directoin makes you feel so happy. I have not tested this model in water/ rain moist enviroments yet but that day will come and I will keep you updated. I highley recommend the HurricanE 551 EOTech Replica to anyone. I wont go a day with out her on my rifle.

The only bad thing I could find with this weapon is that the sights are not shown via Holo-gram like L-3's EOTechs, but a merley a clever mirroring trick. Maybe that is the reason why L-3's cost so much. It issn't really a bad thing or a draw back, just not as authentic as the real thats all. It does not effect use or function of the HurricanE.

Post up any questions/concerns I left out.

SOLID

Edited by BoE.Solidius

Thanks for sharing.

About the replica - there are 2 drawbacks:

1. reticle tends to multiply (and it's of it's own shape) - it could be seen even on these pictures

2. rear glass blinks and reflects backview to operator - which is not good at all.

So - maybe it's good thing for the money but my own thoughts are with RS EOTech.

PS

If you got this replica for $160 - then for $60 more you can get RS C-More red-dot.

Edited by vtb

Your right on number 1 but it issn't a problem at all doesnt effect your aim, nor the accuracy.

But number 2 I have to question you, the angle I had my camera and the poor quality of my camera shows the down ward angle of the reflection, when looked apon head on there is none.

I will shoot this HurricanE on a real steel M4A1 Carbine in about a month from now. I will keep you updated on how she does.

Well since I know for a fact that the HurricanE's where the first to make the EOTech replica then along came the china china clones and ACM, Dragon etc etc. I would say HurricanE is better built just because they are their own company that makes and uses their own build materials to make something and rather than a clone just taking the same parts from the replica company and calling it their own.

Other than that I havent seen an ACM other than the one that flew off the gun a while back that I can say who is better. I would go with HurricanE though.

Your right on number 1 but it issn't a problem at all doesnt effect your aim, nor the accuracy.

But number 2 I have to question you, the angle I had my camera and the poor quality of my camera shows the down ward angle of the reflection, when looked apon head on there is none.

I will shoot this HurricanE on a real steel M4A1 Carbine in about a month from now. I will keep you updated on how she does.

Hello. As i said it's up to person to deside what he wants for his money. :D

I had such sight for a test and my comments based mainly on my own impressions rather than on your photos.

for point 1 - iron sights don't multiply and they don't affect nor aim neither accuracy.

for point 2 - try your sight at shiny day at forest - you'll see that rear glass acts like rear-view car mirror.

In my opinion EOTech replicas don't cost their money - even if it's china clone for 70$.

But's again - it's up to person to decide how to spend his own money :)

BoE... I hate to break this to you man (I really really do) but I'm afraid you have been ripped off. Your EOTech replica is not a HurricanE version, but rather some variety of ACM clone.

If it was a HurricanE version it would have came in a box that looked like this...

Img_1895.jpg

The side of the sight would be blank and not have the "For Law Enforcement / Military Use" lettering, and the underside of the sight would have HurricanE's trademark and patent number like this...

HurricaneBottom1.jpg

So once again, I'm really sorry to have to break this to you, but you were ripped off by your supplier and what you have is not a HurricanE version. For future reference I'll remember not to do business with tacticalairsoftsupply.com :(

Edited by Jin15
So once again, I'm really sorry to have to break this to you, but you were ripped off by your supplier and what you have is not a HurricanE version. For future reference I'll remember not to do business with tacticalairsoftsupply.com :(

I have looked into this post and the Reticle in question with TAS and I made a phone call to them this afternoon. They TAS are going to contact their supplier Tonight as it is Overseas. They were told this is the Hurricane Model and they will adjust their inventory accordingly if found to be otherwise.

TAS is upstanding to say the least and the fact that they will go to bat and check on the product is proof of that.

Mis information can happen.

rad

• 2 weeks later...