Airsoft Innovations - Tornado Grenade Released

orca

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, we're addressing those emails today. Things are going rather crazy right now. We've accumulated a day of backorder that we're hoping to clear today. I've hired some new workers and they're being trained up so we can keep up with demand. I had to pull my admin help and press them into manufacturing to deal with the backlog. They're back on admin now so I hope to clear the email backlog today too. We should be back on track later today.

About a 24hr ice cream headache, but I think we should be back on our feet today.

A few years ago I started deburring manually cut custom washers in a rubbermaid container thunking around in my girlfriends clothes dryer. I'm still getting schooled on business and management as I motor up this learning curve.

Sorry, we're addressing those emails today. Things are going rather crazy right now. We've accumulated a day of backorder that we're hoping to clear today. I've hired some new workers and they're being trained up so we can keep up with demand. I had to pull my admin help and press them into manufacturing to deal with the backlog. They're back on admin now so I hope to clear the email backlog today too. We should be back on track later today.

About a 24hr ice cream headache, but I think we should be back on our feet today.

A few years ago I started deburring manually cut custom washers in a rubbermaid container thunking around in my girlfriends clothes dryer. I'm still getting schooled on business and management as I motor up this learning curve.

No worries, I wasn't complaining, just wondering, there's plenty of us here in Ireland anxious to get our hands on these :)

I think I'd definately get one. But importing one to Germany would be far to pricy (as it would have to be tested for being under 7.5 Joule which would cost approximately 100€).

Thus I have to hope that a German retailer takes them into their program so I can get my hands on some of these grenades.

People of the Earth, this is RedWolf Airsoft.

We are pleased to announce that we have the samples in. These production models work flawlessly and are a true blast, just like the pre-production models we saw in March. No need to take our word for it: Just look at any comments from people who already have theirs! We are taking pre-orders for the 'nades now: http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=24675

Thanks!

RedWolf

when will they be back in stock?

Until Redwolf officially have newly released items in stock, they always list them as "Out of Stock" but if you look at the "Add to Cart" button, you will see it says "Preorder". So basically, while the item in question is not "In Stock", you can still preorder the item for when it does become available.

Says on Redwolfs site "mid to late June".

I guess Airsoft Innovations is cranking these out at full steam to meet the demand. :)

-Sale

The sad truth is that we still kind of suck. We're still working out manufacturing difficulties in our pilot run. Large manufacturing companies run unannounced pilot runs and scrap their first pilot run as it's full of defective product. We can't afford to do the same so we refine our manufacturing process, aggressively test everything and sell the fraction of successful builds to finance the production run and production improvements. Chinasoft copyshops do their run and trust to luck and flood the market with untested junk.

I realize that this is frustrating to retailers who want to get in on retailing our grenades, but we couldn't afford to do a quiet pilot run and we can't meet retailer demands without finishing our pilot run improvements.

The outlook on this pilot run is good. We make significant improvements every day, but I am unwilling to announce a planned release date for resellers until we're finished mucking around.

The outlook on this pilot run is good. We make significant improvements every day, but I am unwilling to announce a planned release date for resellers until we're finished mucking around.

By "improvements" do you mean getting the manufacturing process down so that minimal excess labor is needed to get it right... or "improvements" as in every grenade is better than the last? I'm hoping it's the former rather than the latter. :mellow:

By "improvements" do you mean getting the manufacturing process down so that minimal excess labor is needed to get it right... or "improvements" as in every grenade is better than the last? I'm hoping it's the former rather than the latter. :mellow:

Currently available product is quite good. It's just expensive for us to produce it because we have to spend time filtering out all the junk until we stop producing an appreciable amount of junk. Final production run product will be very similar to this pilot run of product. We are not making design changes to the product.

We caught a nice video capture with some equipment today. The shot starts at 30fps (standard frame rate) then we speed up to 300fps at around 00:05 to catch the spinning discharge of pellets. After all the junk settles we go back to 30fps.

Brand new camera and I've already nailed the filter. It seems to be ok though.

heres a video in full speed and in shot the whole time there are no bbs in it though...

Thanks for sharing the video! The delay before detonation appears to be about 5.75 seconds. Assuming that the timer was set to 3 seconds, was the discrepancy in delay due to temperature, type of gas, lack of lubricant or some other factor?

Thanks for sharing the video! The delay before detonation appears to be about 5.75 seconds. Assuming that the timer was set to 3 seconds, was the discrepancy in delay due to temperature, type of gas, lack of lubricant or some other factor?

Take a look at our users manual. There is a temperature-pressure table which describes the rapid increase in propane pressure at increasing playing temperature. Throw in solar heating and the pressure behavior gets even more extreme.

To try to cope with this, we are setting our grenades for slightly longer delays (~4s @20C with no solar heating). Grenades seem to provide around +/-1s of timing consistency if you stick to the lubrication scheme and allow minimum 5min of warmup after filling.

Also, it was only 16C yesterday which would have slowed things down a little. I might have mistaken when the 300fps mode was triggered too. That would significantly affect the video capture/timing calculations. I need to work out some sort of visual reference for timing. Maybe a spinning fan in the background would be handy for indicating frame rate.

Received all four grenades today! :D Immediate impressions are (a.) excellent packaging and presentation. Looks very impressive and professional. (b.) The grenade feels very robust.

Will do a quick test tonight to get familiar with loading and unloading of this bad boy.

On another note, I had HSGI whip me up some custom Smoke pouches in Multicam. Talking with Gene, the owner of HSGI, we came up with a pretty cool design. They're basically their regular double smoke pouches, except instead of buckles they have velcro flaps only and shock cord that holds the grenades tightly in place. They added internal webbing inside so that if needed I can have the outer flap tucked in and kept out of the way. The grenades fit very easily into these pouches. If anything, there's too much room. Fortunately, the shock cords keep it very nicely and securely in place.

My conclusion as far as how the AI grenade fits into Smoke Pouches... so long as the pouch is made to fit the M-18 Smoke grenade, that same pouch should have NO problem accommodating the Airsoft Innovations Tornado Grenade.

Pictures and review soon. Jesse, I think you're gonna love these, bud. ;)

Can't wait to try these out tonight! :D

Thanks Carl!

Archived