Fried bread

doc_newstead

Maybe this is a British thing. Well, it's a British board, so neugggh! :P

Just had some fried bread. It's now October, and it's the first time I've had it in 2004. I know it's bad for me, but it's sooooo tasty...

Anyone else enjoy fried bread, or other forbidden culinary vices? French toast/eggy bread is a fave of mine too. Do you have a 'treat amongst treats' that you know is bad for you, but have to surrender to at least once a year? :) Xmas is coming you know...

One of the things I miss the most about living in the U.S. is a decent serving of Eggs Benedict.

Impossible, absolutely impossible, to find over here (Sweden)!!! :angry:

On the flip side, I've learned how to make a mean hollandaise now! And the English muffins can be replaced with crispy waffles just fine!

(Eggs Benedict: Poached egg yolks and Canadian bacon over English muffins, all drenched in hollandaise sauce)

I also miss going for biscuits and gravy on hung-over Sunday mornings, I miss eda-mame and a grimy yet addictive Mexican road house-ish Jose Tejas in Jersey on the way to my storage unit (or just because).

M.

mmmm french toast.  I don't really like IHOP or Denny's though Antagon.  Either home made or a "mah and pah" type deal.

Home made rules. BUT, my local IHOP makes great...well..EVERYTHING, better than any other IHOP around. Could be because it's a very old IHOP, from the early 80's I believe.

COME ON!

KFC all the way! There IS no more unhealthy dish, when my mates and i go to town we have a KFC bargain bucket finished off with a extra large Hagen Daz (however you spell the thing).

Another thing is a battered mars bar :). A northen thing of course so i dont have many.

Finaly... the fried bread big breakfast sandwhich, fried bread, bacon, sausages, 2 eggs, tomato chutney and 2 hash brownies. YUM... :( i want food now...

Xander

COME ON!

KFC all the way! There IS no more unhealthy dish, when my mates and i go to town we have a KFC bargain bucket finished off with a extra large Hagen Daz (however you spell the thing).

Another thing is a battered mars bar :). A northen thing of course so i dont have many.

Finaly... the fried bread big breakfast sandwhich, fried bread, bacon, sausages, 2 eggs, tomato chutney and 2 hash brownies. YUM... :( i want food now...

Xander

Mars bar in batter!!1 Mmmm :D

Antagon, IHOP rocks, always visit there when I'm in the states, I don't know how old the IHOP in St. Petes Beach is, but it sure as hell tastes good :D Mmmm! Blueberry crepes ;)

Inch thick cinnamon french toast with butter and dripping with maple syrup, with either sausages or bacon in the leftover syrup... :D

IHOP and Krispy Kreme? what the heck are those?? :huh:

I've heard rumors that the british food wasn't all that great, then I log on to find people in the UK eating jelly and ketchup sandwiches, I think that that rumor was just confirmed..

Jelly and ketchup... good grief :blink:

I have to admit that Denny's 'Moons Over My Hammy' is rather hard to beat - fried sourdough (special, slightly doughy San Fransiscan bread to all you who don't know), with masses of ham, scrambled egg and cheese in it...

...mmmmmm...

That said, IHOP's chocolate chip pancakes also take some beating! ;)

Maybe this is a British thing. Well, it's a British board, so neugggh! :P

Just had some fried bread. It's now October, and it's the first time I've had it in 2004. I know it's bad for me, but it's sooooo tasty...

Anyone else enjoy fried bread, or other forbidden culinary vices? French toast/eggy bread is a fave of mine too. Do you have a 'treat amongst treats' that you know is bad for you, but have to surrender to at least once a year? :) Xmas is coming you know...

Friend bread is a favoreite of Native Americans (indians :P )

Two slices of toast with ham in the middle.

Beautiful.

Fried bread is also nice.

OH! do this.

Get a packet of chocolate cereal and some icecream. Put in a lump of icecream and flatten it into the bowl, then a layer of cereal, then some more icecream, more cereal, more icecream... then mix it up. Godly.

Archived