Looks like Echo1 is making Dbal-I's

PynkPanthyr

For eighty dollars, you could just as well cough up a little bit more and get the King Arms-versin.

King Arms gave me a Dbal-I for a review, and I must say I'm utterly superfantasticly impressed.

Feels great, and looks the part.

Adds a hefty weight to your rifle.

I see absolutely no reason to buy chinamade products when the "real deal" is only a couple of dollars more.

And is awesome.

King Arms gave me a Dbal-I for a review, and I must say I'm utterly superfantasticly impressed.

Ya, there used to be a problem with getting free stuff for review because most of the time people did not give a accurate review. Rather they would just hype up the product.

On the other hand, they do not even mention the mah on the battery.

For eighty dollars, you could just as well cough up a little bit more and get the King Arms-versin.

Adds a hefty weight to your rifle.

I see absolutely no reason to buy chinamade products when the "real deal" is only a couple of dollars more.

And is awesome.

The Dboys version which Echo have rebranded is only $25 w/o battery or $40 with, so its considerably cheaper than the KA which makes it all the more appealing.

Ive been thinking of one of the dboys ones myself tho from pics it looks smaller than a peq which makes me wonder if any of my current battery would fit it..

The "superglue required" thing from ASGI may be in reference to this:

dbal1.jpg

The knobs in the red circles fit on only by friction, and can be simply pulled off. Though if you superglued them on, you wouldn't be able to open the battery case entirely (only the front end).

dbal2.jpg

The battery space houses 9 x 2/3A cells. This is the maximum capacity, as larger cells would be too fat to fit inside the space.

The battery box is well made, looks like serious business. Metal parts include: the rail mount on the bottom, the rail on the top, the front thumb screw between the two fake laser emitters, and the two fake laser emitters (which have rubber covers).

The white dust that is visible around the front knobs seem to be traces from superglue vapors. It can be easily removed with a toothbrush.

Ive been thinking of one of the dboys ones myself tho from pics it looks smaller than a peq which makes me wonder if any of my current battery would fit it..

It's a lot smaller than a peq, and your batteries are guaranteed not to fit.

Ya, there used to be a problem with getting free stuff for review because most of the time people did not give a accurate review. Rather they would just hype up the product

If you're trying to say I'm partial, I'm not.

This is honestly a quality product. No creaking or tweaking, feels solid as a rock, and generally feels more solid than a peq.

Feel free to think my opinions are what they are because I got the item for free, but no matter what, I think this product is of good buildquality.

Thats what I was thought.

However I could have a go at mod'ing one of my stick batterys to a similer configuration to the pack pictured above.

Either way its a pity, then again i may pick one up just for the aesthetic value.

Archived