Eagle SKD Universal Chest Rig in Multicam REVIEW

I bought these for under $100.00 shipped through SKDtactical. For those of you that don't know, the rig is a custom version by SKD on the Eagle universal rig. The difference is that the radio and universal side pouch are replaced with molle webbing on the SKD version.

I bought the rig because of its a value, 4 rifle mag pouches + 4 pistol mag pouches + pockey compartment + 2 molle sides = under $100.00, and it's quality gear. each mag pouch can hold 2 armalite mags or 1 m14/AK mag.

The Multicam pattern matches other Multicam products ive seen. It's comfortable, quick to put on, quick to take off, light weight, everything adjustable, and designed by Paul Howe. It's a straight to the point piece of gear, doesn't get in the way of your body/weapon movement and everything is right where you need it. If you get everything adjusted perfectly to your body, i'll become a piece of your body.

Obviously a plate carrier with various molle pouches is far more versatile, but this is a great value. a quality plate carrier and pouches will run more than a $100.00.

These don't stay in stock for long, if you can get it, get it.

skdeagledesktopresolutiya0.jpg

skdeagle8desktopresoluthy9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got one also.

I would say that the most striking thing is it's astonishing low volum.

I use to go and play with my motorbike, so each time I had to take all my gear was more like a trip to hollidays than a simple ballad.

With this, and an AEG short enough, I can take all I need for the day in a Camelbak Motherlode. Without anything going out out the pack.

On the field, the eagle logo speaks for itself. High quality, very comfortable one you've made it to fit to your body.

I usually took 6 M4 mags, (2 fitting in the dedicated pouches, and the two last in the left "opened" pouch), and my M9 in the right "openend pouch". Plus two M9 mag spare in the front mag pouches.

I had place enough to take a multitool, and some game requirement (team armband, respawn card -we use card as respawn item).

If really needed, I can add MOLLE pouches on the right and left to expend load capacity. For exemple, to take a radio, or to get the M9 a real holster.

I would say that for the one you don't get aa lot of money, and want a simple but effective load bearing system, this one is perfect. And there is colors enough to satisfy every player.

Guillaume