M500 shotguns questions

Mr.Hyde

Skullie, I am deeming you the master of ACM M500s. All ACM M500s must bow in respect lol.

I think I will pick up a shorty and full 8mm after my thompson and MP5K craze. Yes I know the 6mm has a better spread, but the 8mm is epic ^_^.

One last thing, these do shoot as hard as the marushin right? so like 320 FPS on green gas with 3 .34 8mm BBs?

why is it epic? 8mm BBs loose their speed and range quicker due to air resistance. 6mm will hit harder at longer range.

The 6mm shoots 5 BB's at a time and on green gas chronoes between 255 an 270 fps. The range isn't great, given there is no hop, but for cqb it's lethal. The sound of re-cocking the action puts fear into an opponent .

They come with a spare seal kit, it's not rocket science to sort out leaks.

If you rack the gun single handed you also stand a chance of wrecking it, on that point they are as bad as the marushins are, at first they work but no doubt will break in time. For now I will just enjoy shooting people with mine :) then fix it if it breaks.

Plague 666:

The idea of sending 3 huge snowballs down range with a bang sounds exactly what a shotgun should be about. The 6mm is cool, dont get me wrong, but I like 8mm personally. Not trying to get you to buy 8mm ^_^.

The leak it's self is the firing valve, mine leaked as i had metal fragments from the machining process stuck between the valve an the rubber seal i cleaned it of and luckily there was no damage done, but someone else i know found the the metal ripped the rubber seal to bits, there is 4 in total, one at the point were the hammer strikes the valve 2 in the middle and one seals the valve from the barrel, it this one you need to keep an eye, sometimes you can it venting from the barrel.

as for the 6mm vs 8mm argument

the 8mm is meant to replicate a shotgun loaded with .30 buck shot.

the 8mm hits quite bit a CQB range, i know I've been hit by one, and it felt like i was punched.

the 8mm spreads about 2 - 3" at 10 meters, and running on green gas at 25'c it will crush a beer can.

at 20 meters the spread is about the width of my hand beyond that you'll see the spread increase rapidly as they start to drop.

i can't comment on the 6mm as i don't have one or know any one with one, but what i read so far about them the grouping is pretty tight.

You can't really complain mate, considering you are allowed 500fps semi-auto sniper rifles... on that point alone I don't understand how 8mm can be banned at your site...

Lolz yeah i no its lame but apparently the insurance they have only protects them for 6mm bbs not 8mm. But hey 6mm ftw!

Right i dont want to start a new my m500 is am sh#t topic so i shall post here and hopefully get a reply. Got my m500 off Airsoft armoury today and i cant charge gas in it at all it just comes straight out the barrel. Do i have to push a buttom in someone that im completely missing or is it am buggered?

Archived