Regretting Getting Black

Alex Schmalex

I wear a black vest and holster over flecktarn,

my combats are dyloned black too :)

it's my favourite loadout for woodland :) sure I might stand out like a sore thumb in some lighter areas, but when it gets a bit darker, :D

l_20fb45808c96537630c6f9a8ee751a70.jpg

l_6ca49aba7526dfbcb9243ada78269201.jpg

l_e7a201c733ec9f0abe18f5952b33bd3f.jpg

l_42a91e1b5e4963102a3fd0c5978d76d6.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sure I might stand out like a sore thumb in some lighter areas, but when it gets a bit darker, :D

You mean at night? :P

I can agree that black deserves it place in a loadout every now and then, but unless you're doing CQC or night-games only, I'd much rather go with an OD rig, it works just the same; except it doesn't stick out -as much- as black does in woodland...

I can't really say that black has the same advantage over OD at nighttime... you know, "in the dark, all cats are grey" etc...

don't mean to put you down, but I figure it's better to get some pros and cons, rather than just being told what you want to hear :)

hope you like it no matter what you chose though; guuchi > effectiveness in airsoft :>

I'd rather say one of the world's most stubborn militaries...

the ACU is utter ######s. I'll give it the credit of being somewhat effective in CQC environments, but that's about it...no matter how much that thing breaks up your silouette, you'll get alot of lead flying your way whilst standing infront of a bloody pine tree thinking your camo's concealing you...

You have to keep this in mind. We as human beings design weapons and camo and technology based the past and the immediate future. Seening how America was going to fight in an urban environment it seem logical to choose a camo that work best for CQC. I think the USMC has the best idea so far adopting two type of camo, wd and desert. I think when the world gets overgrown with forest and plants the USArmy will adopt a better camo for the more green in the battefield.

Black is nice with woodland and 3 color desert. You should try that.

You mean at night? :P

I can agree that black deserves it place in a loadout every now and then, but unless you're doing CQC or night-games only, I'd much rather go with an OD rig, it works just the same; except it doesn't stick out -as much- as black does in woodland...

I can't really say that black has the same advantage over OD at nighttime... you know, "in the dark, all cats are grey" etc...

don't mean to put you down, but I figure it's better to get some pros and cons, rather than just being told what you want to hear :)

hope you like it no matter what you chose though; guuchi > effectiveness in airsoft :>

Actually dark blue is better at night. Theres a reason military helicopters are painted dark grey too.

Black is a very uncommon colour in nature - its simply an absence of light. A dark brown, green or blue is much better for that reason.

i love black because in airsoft it doesnt matter what color your gear is, as long as its a ntural color. at the ranges our weapons can shoot it doesnt matter weather your wearing black brown or green. if your not properly concealed, your outline will give you away and thats what your bdus will help do. so pick whatever color gear you want then where the right bdu for the environment.

and black doest really have an advantage at night, all colors are dark at night, black is just much darker.

acu is garbage in my opinion, if the army knew they were going to an urban desert area why would they create a camo that is suposedly a mixture of woodland and desert? i personally think they messed up pretty bad. you might be able to argue that its decent in certain situations but i think we all agree that its not the best camo redily available, and that is what our army deserves.

fyi dliberty, multicam was an option for the us army when choosing a camo pattern. and if i remember right, acu was picked over multicam for the fact it was cheaper to produce is large numbers (correct me if i am wrong) effectiveness isn't the only factor when it comes to picking a pattern.

also acu is designed to become dirty with sand and dust which will allow it be more effective in the desert sand and cities. thus why when I get new bdu I roll them in light sand/dirt seing how the summer is about and everything become a bit more tan.

To be honest, i have a team mate who wear a black SAAV over DPMs, looks fine. Hes gets shot/at/spotted no more than me or any others of my team mates. If you dont stand in the wrong place, and know where your camoflauge will help and wont, you can blend into anything. One type of cammo might be a godsend whilst hiding agaisnt trees, but would stick you out like a sore tumb crawling thru long grass.

Might be worth just going to a match and seeing how you get on, ive been to plenty of woodland games and seen quite a few SWAT impressions and loadouts, it makes a nice change to DPM, M81 and Flecktarn. If you do find your getting hit alot more that the others (and ive seen plenty of guys wearing CQB loadouts turn up at woodland matches and not get hit a great deal), just go out and buy some woodland camos and wear this under your tac gear, then overtime, buy a new rig and such, but keep the old stuff in case you ever do CQB again

also acu is designed to become dirty with sand and dust which will allow it be more effective in the desert sand and cities. thus why when I get new bdu I roll them in light sand/dirt seing how the summer is about and everything become a bit more tan.

"And the US Army announced their new plans for an m4 replacement today. in lue of their ACU policy, the US Army will now be issuing soldiers with m1 Garand rifles with a distinct modification. Not only have they been updated to include 6 pinicany rails, the stock and pistol grip is now once large wooden block. The Barrels are also a solid tube of reinforced steel. commanders in the field have been ordered to instruct their men to work the weapons until they work by bashing them against rocks, and chiseling at them with combat knives. Soldiers have objected to the new weapons, but have been ordered to shut up because they cost less." - BS News wire.

badgerdancing6.gif

"And the US Army announced their new plans for an m4 replacement today. in lue of their ACU policy, the US Army will now be issuing soldiers with m1 Garand rifles with a distinct modification. Not only have they been updated to include 6 pinicany rails, the stock and pistol grip is now once large wooden block. The Barrels are also a solid tube of reinforced steel. commanders in the field have been ordered to instruct their men to work the weapons until they work by bashing them against rocks, and chiseling at them with combat knives. Soldiers have objected to the new weapons, but have been ordered to shut up because they cost less." - BS News wire.

badgerdancing6.gif

Sweet I like the M1 Garand rifle :) First off you analogy isn't even the same. And guess what, fight war is dirty and if your uniform eventually get dirty and matches the environment it which you fight it and is cheaper what the problem? IMO most opinions about how bad acu is base on people looking at acu in a woodland environment; go to Afghanistan and Iraq and it looks like it does fine.

The Badgers not saying war isn't "dirty" hes saying that equipment shouldn't need to be roughed up for it to be effective, it should work just fine out of the factory. (and too the point, the military shouldn't really be worried about spending an extra 50$ (hes not sure if that numbers accurate, but he heard it somewhere) per uniform, when we give 500 million dollars to build a bridge in Alaska)

but back on topic, black works with almost anything, plus if worst comes to worst, dust it off with OD/tan spray paint

badgerdancing6.gif

fyi dliberty, multicam was an option for the us army when choosing a camo pattern. and if i remember right, acu was picked over multicam for the fact it was cheaper to produce is large numbers (correct me if i am wrong) effectiveness isn't the only factor when it comes to picking a pattern.

thankyou for prooving my point. effectiveness should be 95% of the weight in the decision. and whats a few extra dollars of national debt anyways? its not like the govt has any intention of paying it all off.

a few dollars we wont notice VS. a soldiers life who is someones son, father, husband(or wife), friend...

sorry to bring this thread further off topic

Black gear looks great dusted lightly with tan krylon. i just ordered a molle belt, dump pouch and black hawk serpa holster all in black. go black.

Unless someone puts up a picture of Black over ACU, then this argument is madly off-topic. I'm sure this argument is run in some other thread.

Don't suppose anyone has a picture of black over multicam however? My skirmish buddy is getting at me for trying to build my Rig using black. Just because I don't like OD! (Ew its green) and of course I haven't found bulk Tan webbing!

But anyway, black over multicam if you please!

In fact, surely if we can get pictures of most Camo types with black over them then Alex Schmalex can make his own mind up?

Personally having worn a long black leather coat, a longer Olive coat and a denim jacket with white shirt in woodland, I can safely say that, with black, you'll be fine!

Wings :detective2:

Don't suppose anyone has a picture of black over multicam however? My skirmish buddy is getting at me for trying to build my Rig using black. Just because I don't like OD! (Ew its green) and of course I haven't found bulk Tan webbing!

But anyway, black over multicam if you please!

Brown or tan would work better, based on the colours in multicam... but I don't have any specific pictures.

Archived