Regretting Getting Black

Alex Schmalex

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's my favourite loadout for woodland :) sure I might stand out like a sore thumb in some lighter areas, but when it gets a bit darker, :D

I use OD and CB gear in woodland. I blend into lighter areas, and when it gets a bit darker, I blend in even more.

Save the black for CQB. OD/CB gear is best in woodland/outdoors.

I'm not at all a small person - I'm 95KG and 6'5" tall, yet in my MARPAT/CB/OD setup I've stood 10 feet in front of an OPFOR and not been spotted. I've crawled up to enemies and knife killed them in jungle arenas. I've been stepped on several times.

Like so:

IMGP3852.jpg

DSCF0541.jpg

IMG_1763_resize.jpg

Compared to:

P1050027.jpg

DarkLite, your gun gives you away in every picture. No offence to you however, it kinda annoys me how people keep their gun's plain black if they plan on using it in the bush, then camo up everywhere else.

Personally, I'm planning on using MARPAT BDU's and black equipment, for both CQB and outdoors :)

DarkLite, your gun gives you away in every picture. No offence to you however

Which just helps further prove his point imo...black sticks out ALOT....

use black for CQB or nothing at all (OD's fine for that too). Unless you really want to; like I said earlier, it's airsoft, so sod it :P

DarkLite, your gun gives you away in every picture. No offence to you however, it kinda annoys me how people keep their gun's plain black if they plan on using it in the bush, then camo up everywhere else.

Personally, I'm planning on using MARPAT BDU's and black equipment, for both CQB and outdoors :)

True, but it just shows how much black sticks out. I'm loathe to paint most of my guns as:

1) I'll be selling most of them shortly.

2) Painted guns IMO look wrong in CQB.

However:

P1050010.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm only going to work on a mixed MARPAT/Black loadout because I don't want to get a black and a green loadout, so I decided that it won't matter in the bush anyway..

I don't intend on going ninja or stealthy, I'm like you, six foot five and 210 pounds, so I plan on just loading up on guns and ammo and just going NATO (Latest NZ slang for beserk :) )on anybody who gets in my way :P

And yes, painted guns in CQB would look bag. I have still yet to figure out how I'm going to do that. Might be a good excuse to get another gun :/

camo mixtures look ok, or at least thats what i believe.

I mean, on the whole at the ranges most airsoft sites allow you to operate at, you can see the person anyway regardless of what theyre wearing. Wear what you want and what you can afford.

I wear A LOT of black in woodland.

Someone at my local sight wears nothing but black.

Likewise, some people wear only tan, in the middle of a forest.

If they stay in the shadows, there's no problem - if they move across the open, they get seen - which happens in any camo, even ghille suits or multicam.

Camo can give you a slight advantage, but if you're moving or out in the open, it only works from a distance - a distance further than airsoft gun ranges.

So, go for it. Black works. I've sneaked up on a whole load of people.

I've used a black rig over woodland, olive and desert patterns, it looks good and works with them all as a general point.

But it does depend on the site and gameplay style. If you play games with 100s of players, lots of ammo and just charge at each other it doesn't make much difference which colours you wear. If you play of sneaky milsim games it's more important to blend in with the environment.

I miss HK now. :(

DarkLite, you'll be around in July?

Yus.

There are so many variable factors that could swing it either way.

Which are?

In ANY situation in woodland, CB/OD is better than black - unless the local chavvies have gone and spraypainted the entire forest black.

If the surroundings are light, black stands out, but CB/OD doesn't stand out. If the surroundings are dark, black doesn't stand out, but CB/OD still doesn't stand out.

When moving, black stands out, but CB/OD doesn't stand out. When staying still, black doesn't stand out, but CB/OD still doesn't stand out.

CB/OD is better in woodland. End of.

Archived