I don't feel that the VFC stock is likely to fall a part, nor do I think it weak. It's just that it wobbles. Which could well be because the latch and locking surface on the buttstock are half the size of the real things. It could also be a boo-boo on VFC's part, assuming that the skeletal stocks on their other AK-74s have a much less wobble-prone lock-up. It's a small thing, anyway, because it doesn't wobble as much as a TM AKS-47 and is far less noticable 99.9% of the time.

EDIT: Of course, if my old Arsenal SAS M-7 (AKS-47 clone) was anything to go by, Arsenal regularly beefs up their folding stocks beyond what other manufacturers do and have done.

Edited by Jagdraben

It would appear that Arsenal did, indeed, go above and beyond with the folders on their AKs. However, it should be noted that Russian stocks on their original rifles should (apparently) be no less solid. The difference here is that Arsenal uses high-end CNC machining on theirs (with a lot of R&D put in), while the Russians hand-fit theirs. Given that this is airsoft, I can understand why VFC wouldn't want to go down either of these routes.

should be able to. might need to mod it a bit though.

edit: and schultz, i almost guarantee the RMW will have no less play in the stock. the real ones have it, its unavoidable. not a big deal anyway, its just the tiniest bit of side to side movement.

Edited by my_plague_666

edit: and schultz, i almost guarantee the RMW will have no less play in the stock. the real ones have it, its unavoidable. not a big deal anyway, its just the tiniest bit of side to side movement.

How much modding would you reckon? Ive never modded a weapon, havent needed to with my VFC Hk416.

oh ok thank you man. I mean I was just picturing like alot of play. Well Idk I gotta say I want a vfc gun so id probobly get the vfc instead f building one with the rmw kit. but hey idk I am still a noob with airsoft so yea.

How much modding would you reckon? Ive never modded a weapon, havent needed to with my VFC Hk416.

the modding would have to be done to the handguards. basically if they don't fit already you'd just need to dremel/file a few bits off so they fit like the real deal :)

buy why rape such a purdy gun? :P

and schultz: RMW < VFC. you know you want a VFC :D

I received my ak105 today, haven't fired it yet but it looks very nice. Like the others have been saying, the top receiver cover and the stock (when extended) were both very wobbly on mine.

I put two pieces of electrical tape on the inside of the receiver cover and that made it feel much more solid, no wobble, no metallic ringing. I did the same for the stock, after some strategically placed pieces of electrical tape there is no more wobble in the stock. Kind of annoying to have to do this with a gun right out of the box, but it's an easy fix and it makes a world of difference.

I'll post more when I actually fire it!