Manufacturers for G36 models?

VolkaV

I have been looking into purchasing a gun for sometime now, and I had gone up to a local store to check out some different guns and get a "feel" of things. I'm pretty confident that I want to get a G36 model of some type, either compact or full size. I prefer the look of the compact model, and have been told that it is a decent begginer gun. I unfortunately don't know of too many local places that sell guns, and I'm pretty sure none really exist in my area. There happens to be a paintball arena where some people get together about every other week to play, so I have been told anyways. I don't know what they play or what style of gun I would be best suited with, obviously, but from the way the gentleman at the store made it sound it would be fun. Even if I do not decide to play at the paintball arena/fields I have about 7-8 friends, and some other people that I can probably play skirmishes with, so I won't be totally out... Might be a lot of extra info, but back story helps sometimes? I am interested in the G36 models of gun, but don't know enough about airsoft or the manufacteres to make a well enough informed decision. I have done a lot of research, but that don't mean ###### without having handled a gun. All that being said, what manufacturer is best known for a reliable G36 model, full, compact, or both??? Also, the guy at the store I had talked with said he could order me a JG G36C for around $140, but I don't know if this is a good deal or not??? I don't mind spending a little cash, but I would think anything over $200-$250 for a first gun is just simply right out, am I wrong?!

If this has already been addressed in another section of the forum, just let me know. I tried searching, but only found a picture thread (didn't want to hijack it), and a thread on upgrade questions.

That's an OK deal for the JG. They usually run between $110-150. Basically, for the G36C model, you have the following choices...

JG: Affordable and decent, ~ $100-150

CA: Nice material, but bad internals (from what I've read): ~$250

TM: Highly reliable, with HK trademarks, but not the nicest material: ~$250

STAR: Combine the positives of the CA and the TM, and you get the STAR ~$250-300

I've read lots of good stuff about the STAR G36 series. It's got a fiberglass reinforced polymer build, and HK trademarks, so it's fairly nice. But TM reliability is unmatched.

My First AEG was 400 dollars but at the time it was the only varient of that gun out at the time other than kits which go for 600 dollars and up.

I would say go with the KWA G36c. KWA builds really solid and affordable AEGs (Automatic Electric Gun). It also comes with a nice high capacity magazine to store a lot of BB's before you buy those hefty Medium/Low Capacity Magazines.

KWA G36C is the way to go (Its the compact model too) can be found on most Airsoft Retail websites.

RedWolfAirsoft.com's KWA G36C

Woops, forgot the KWA! BoE may be right. KWAs are getting very, very popular for their performance and reliability. RedWolf is a non-US store, so you may or may not want to buy it from a US Store. They're selling like hotcakes though, so it may be a little hard to find. AirsoftGI.com is a reputable store that has it in stock right now. The STAR is probably the best looking G36C though.

The STAR G36c is not the most realistic. Classic Army's build material are closer to the real G36. The STAR version only has 4 bullet pictograms on the full auto setting instead of 5 like the real steal and CA/TM/KWA/JG, and also the buttpad is closer to the full size while still sporting a C-style sling loop on the stock which is incorrect.

I would recommend the KWA because it has a slightly more realistic finish than TM and JG and has, from what i have read, an excellent gearbox.

If you are willing to spend more, the KWA(as previously stated) is the way to go when it comes to G36c's. If you don't want to spend that much, the Echo 1 G36c v3 has gotten amazing reviews on AirsoftGI.com.

KWA G36c --- http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2170

Echo 1 G36c --- http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1974

There are full length and K length kits now available in ACM (chinese clone parts) which are cheaper than the STAR kits and apparently do the job just as well. RSOV have them if you're doing an order from HK, but closer to home a quick search revealed that Land Warrior do them but they're out of stock.

Good choice with the KWA. It will last a long time and does not really need to be upgraded.

I would wait on converting it into a longer G36K/E. You have not really played much correct? Until you find out your play style stick with the shorter gun. You will still be able to fire on people for further away and to close in work.

Personally, I really do not like the G36c, it's very front heavy and I have a hard time snap shooting with it. Have you held one? It does not matter who made, just get a feel for the gun and see if you like it. Compare it to other things as well.

CA - Very good externals*, decent internals. Takes upgrades very well. Would benefit from better piston and hop rubber.

TM - Worst externals ever, decent internals. Reliable stock, but it's a TM and everything must go if you want a good upgrade.

JG - Meh externals, ok internals. Would benefit from metal bushings.

SRC - OK internals and good externals, should take some of the upgrades very well. Not recommended for long time project guns**

STAR - No personal experience, but the externals look good.

*I've got some real H&K parts on my G36, and the CA material and texture matches them perfectly, even better than Army Code!

**My team mate bought an SRC G36K KSK version and installed a lot of upgrades, including an Army Code body.

We could not get it to work right with the stock gearbox shell, and had to take the pistol grip and gearbox shell from an old CA36 I had.

Now there's no SRC part left in his gun, and he would be better off had he started with a CA or even a JG.

Wow, $115 dollars shipped, I think that's a pretty sweet deal. Hmmm, I may have found my weapon. So there is no serious issues with the JG rifle outside of the selector switch? I don't mind if the rifle ends up having issues after like 8 months or so, as long as it isn't happening before then. If I really end up getting more into it, and I find more people to play with then I will look into another gun. I love the SCAR, and will probably end up getting that after the G36 anyways.

Is there any real difference between the JG version vs the Echo 1, they are the same company???

What accessories should I be buying with the weapon, and where would you suggest (links if you can)?

Anyone else have any advice for me?

From what I could tell they both come with metal bushings now as they are on ver.3 gearbox, if I'm not mistaken?

Unfortunately, it seems most places where I can get the gun "cheaply" are out of stock right now. :(

*EDIT* Ya beat me to it!

In regard to my previous thoughts of purchasing the JG G36c, has anyone ever used www.hitguns.com. They have the same price as airsplat w/the qualified free shipping? I would like to order it like ASAP, so if anyone has any thought or input on it I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!

Ok, so by the sounds of the rep, they only have a couple. I'm gonna just go out on a limb here I guess, wish me luck!

Atleast the echo1 has better qc, and a 30 day warranty. As for jg having metal bushings and spring guide I can't attest, I know the E1 does. I say get th E1, it's what I have, and is an amazing gun, possibly the best clone, and for the price waaaay better than the others.

If you want a C version, and you new and dont want to spend too much, a JG G36C is a gun you can go wrong with its brilliant.

IF you want a larger one, ie K or full size (G36), then id strongly recommend Classic Army. Yes they are more expensive but i certainly got what i paid for. My CA36 is amazing! ROF is just incredible, huge range and while accuracy can be a bit hit and miss at times, others its pinpoint.

Archived