I didnt see a review floating around here so i said i would do a brief review to allow people to buy with a little bit more confidence than buying without a review. hope it helps.

Manufacturer: Well/Wellfire.

Item: VZ. 61. Skorpion.

Type: AEP

Power Source: 7.2 AEP type battery supplied battery is 450mah.

FPS: roughly 220

Hop-up: adjustable.

Ordered this off http://www.gunnerairsoft.com and received it via UPS in just over 1 working week. The AEP came well packaged and in a box that to me looks like a direct clone of the TM packaging it’s just one in a long line of little improvements that clone companies have done to increase both their presentation of their products and buyer confidence.

Opening the box you find yourself confronted with a very nice looking machine pistol, a low capacity metal stick magazine, a plastic hi-capacity drum magazine, battery and charger. You also receive a small package containing a blaze orange muzzle cap an allen key and a front sight adjustment tool.

The instruction manual is written well and in very understandable English rather than the usual Engrish that one has become accustomed to when buying ACM items.

P1010258.jpg

The AEP itself feels very solid in the hand it has a cast metal lower receiver and a plastic upper receiver. The lower receiver is home to a ghastly looking 20mm pitcany rail fortunately this is easily removed using a Philips head #2 screwdriver. The battery is housed in the pistol grip which is like an old style revolver grip. This grip type gives the Skorpion an immediate advantage over many other machine pistols as this grip set-up makes it very pointable and thus makes aiming very instinctive. The folding stock stores itself above the AEP and is held in place by the front sight unit. The Hop-unit can be accessed from the top of the receiver by sliding the bolt backwards. The hop is a wheel type unit akin to those seen in both the G36 and Sig55# series. the Mechbox is accessed by removing the front pin and simply sliding the top reciever off.

The proprietry battery takes 2.5 hours to charge with the included charger both are of sound quality I don’t see any reason to spend money replacing either with more reputable brands.

The gun has 2 modes of fire semi automatic and of course fully automatic. The selector switch is located just above the pistol grip .

Performance wise I am quite impressed with the VZ61 it does everything a machine pistol should do. It provides close range firepower at a reasonable rate of fire. On excel .20s it is giving reasonable groupings at 15 meters on fully automatic one would easily hit the centre mass repeatedly at this range anything over this and grouping does become somewhat sporadic. Maximum range with the hop unit set is 25 meters. While initially sounding unimpressive you have to remember this is not meant to be a primary AEG the skorpion is there to take the place of a conventional pistol as a secondary close support side arm. In this regard it is an almost unsurpassable weapon. Its very pointable and has a decent rate of fire is more accurate than the Gbb alternatives such as the M11a1 and is just that little bit better than the mp7. At this time my only gripe with the entire piece is that the drum mag is horrible looking.

To summarise.

Pros. Very attractive looking AEP

Skirmishable straight out of the box

Front rail is optional not fixed

Folding stock is very usable and adds another dimension of use.

Good rate of fire.

Stick magazine is rigged to feed every last bb.

Cons. Plastic selector switch

The drum magazine while effective is ugly and spoils the sleek aesthetics.

Semi automatic fire does seem a bit laboured but that’s not why you’d buy this now is it.

As a sidearm the scorpion would make an ideal choice to those who experience a lot of close quarters encounters. Its also a breath of fresh air as it offers an alternative eastern European and Russian perspective in what is essentially a western dominated sub group.

P1010259.jpg

Based on both aesthetics and performance as an AEP fulfilling a machine pistols role I will award this 90%

As an AEG I would rate it 70%

P1010260.jpg

I have an original Czech hip holster on the way for this which will need a smaller modified stick magazine in order to allow it to be holstered while carrying ammunition. So I will post a how to guide on that when I get round to it.

P1010261.jpg

Edited by cherubaul

I haven't spent all that much time with mine, but I did get a chance to chrono them over the weekend.

The first chronoed pretty consistantly at around 250-260 fps with a .2g BB. I chronoed the second one, but only got one shot off before the mag ran dry (and I was too lazy to refill it). It chronoed at around 250 fps.

I fired both of them a bit before chronoing them, and noticed that both were over-hopping pretty severely. I made no attempts to correct this, so with the hop propely dialed in, it might be a few FPS faster (no empirical evidence of this, just an assumption)

I haven't spent all that much time with mine, but I did get a chance to chrono them over the weekend.

The first chronoed pretty consistantly at around 250-260 fps with a .2g BB. I chronoed the second one, but only got one shot off before the mag ran dry (and I was too lazy to refill it). It chronoed at around 250 fps.

I fired both of them a bit before chronoing them, and noticed that both were over-hopping pretty severely. I made no attempts to correct this, so with the hop propely dialed in, it might be a few FPS faster (no empirical evidence of this, just an assumption)

250 thats quite nice to know quite respectable actually.

Interesting pictures...different... :P

What do you make of the performance compared to something like the cyma 030 aep or galaxy mp5k. Range and accuracy.

Cheers :)

I make the performance to be above the CM030, about 250fps to the CM030's 220. To be fair, this is a fairly awesome gun. It's the best thing that WELL have ever done, I reckon.

Range and Accuracy wise, I was indoors, so I can't say much for range. Though I hear from other it's about on a par with the CM030 in accuracy, a bit more range though.

Have MOAR Pictars of me in NWU(GD).

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

Edited by DarkLite

well thats good to know that Well actually made something decent.

Although its too bad they wont have much time to cash in on this since JG is making one as well.

I'd be interested in seeing an in-depth comparison review of the two when its released next month.

I'm interested in picking up one to replace a few parts on my poor used and abused TM Vz61s, and would like to know if anyone has had a chance to compare them side-by-side. If so, how close of a copy is it? Are mags interchangable? Batteries? Etc.?

Edited by (V)atrix
  • 4 months later...

iam thinking of getting one as secondary and primary for cqb-is that yours still running, no malfunctions???

what with that holster for it, you have some?? any idea where to clip it on???

how many BBs will fit into sheet lowcap?? how many BBs will battery last?? is there any spare battery on sale??

Edited by Diwiak
I'm interested in picking up one to replace a few parts on my poor used and abused TM Vz61s, and would like to know if anyone has had a chance to compare them side-by-side. If so, how close of a copy is it? Are mags interchangable? Batteries? Etc.?

It's a 1:1 clone of the TM, except the spring is a bit harder.