Airsoft tank

Rambo Kid

hhhmmm airsoft tenk eh. now i would try this, but i dont have a van/truck to take it to and from a game :(

would be awesome tho, if i were to attempt this id wanna keep it cheap as pos and wud think the best kinda vehicle to use would be an off road 2 seater gokart can pick em up for about £300-£500

maybe one day...

If you made a full size tank why would you need a car?

It's been my experience that most vehicles don't play as well as they look. They are either easily taken out with a Nerf or a grenade, or they are unstoppable death stars which make the game too one-sided.

For the vehicle rules I wrote up for the WarStore field, I think we can get a good balance out of vehicles.

They have to be realistic, and have limits on how much firepower they can have, so that partially eliminates the "death stars"

At the same time, they are immune to front/frontish hits from all weapons, have limited speed, and have to have a spotter outside the vehicle who is out of play to make sure the hits are called and no-one gets run over.

If it works out properly, the vehicle should turn into a WWII style spearhead that needs infantry support to cover its flanks and rear from anti-tank stuff. If it doesn't, well, rules can be rewritten until they work out, tanks are cool and wont be going anywhere ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I know it sounds a bit far fetch, but if you had the money, you may as well go for somthing like a ferret or a Saxon.

My friends dad (is loaded) and apon buying a Saxon APC (with eveerything working etc) promptly bought 3 SAW's for it. They only ever used one though...

But hey, it's his money:)

sweet! just wtached all 5 parts, seems pretty straight forward. probably cost a fair bit tho, and take ages to complete.

my question is, would you have to use an engine? could you not go for electric? them scooters old folks drive around in, and golf buggies are electric. could use two of them, one for each track, that way you wouldnt have to mess around with a transmission!

sweet! just wtached all 5 parts, seems pretty straight forward. probably cost a fair bit tho, and take ages to complete.

my question is, would you have to use an engine? could you not go for electric? them scooters old folks drive around in, and golf buggies are electric. could use two of them, one for each track, that way you wouldnt have to mess around with a transmission!

I've batted that question around in my head, but sense I don't have discretionary funds to explore a project like this I would have to guess that a lawnmower or generator engine and tractor transmission. Electric would work too, batteries then would be your biggest issue then; with the weight and bulk.

I would also guess a flat four air cooled VW motor would work, but you would need some kind of special transmission......

I think you would still need some form of transmission, either to gear the motors up or down, and then to connect to the tracks.

I would think that this would be within a lot of players abilities if they had suitable access to heavy duty tools. The biggest problem would be constructing the tank tracks. Building one pad is easy, making the other 999....... might be a pain. :P

Archived