TM AKs74u released

WhutJP

okay so it seems the aks74u by TM is released (in japan), but my is it expensive, basically 200 more than the 74m

74u:

http://www.first-jp.com/items/01/01/04/det...de=0101TMJ00054

¥55,440 = 527.816 USD

74m:

http://www.first-jp.com/items/01/01/04/det...de=0101TMJ00051

¥34,524 = 328.728 USD

sorry if this is old news, didnt see any threads on it here...

Edit; yeah my japanese is balls, they are taking pre orders now, for that and for the MEU...

Gosh, the nerve of these japanese companies, copying the chinese airsoft companies!

[/irony]

I'm sitting here waiting for the flood of pms by illiterate morons telling me that the TM is different.

Sounds really promising with the Blow Back and that new Recoil effect addition (I hear its like shooting a GBB). This may be the new compition for VFC's AKS74U I may even consider getting the TM in replacing my old VFC AKS74U. Good job TM you seize to amaze with the new tech. Lets hope other companies pick up on this.

EDIT: Only bad thing is I bet with the new recoil effect and all the blow back small hinges and such it might be a pain to upgrade. Who knows.

Well this gun was in planning since the 74 version (at the back of the book is a shadow of the s74u) but they didnt release it at the same time.

A smaller AEG but way more expensive wow didnt expect that, i been a fan of the aks74u since metal gear solid 2 and always wanted an airsoft version the d boy one is by far the best for value and quality you may need to work on it a little (replace plastic to wood, sand down etc) but its still great, the VFC version (DX) justs costs way too much. Unicorn has the best externals but ###### internals :(

A smaller AEG but way more expensive wow didnt expect that, i been a fan of the aks74u since metal gear solid 2 and always wanted an airsoft version the d boy one is by far the best for value and quality you may need to work on it a little (replace plastic to wood, sand down etc) but its still great, the VFC version (DX) justs costs way too much. Unicorn has the best externals but ###### internals :(

Smaller AEG's normally do cost more due to the new and (sometimes) rare material used to make them. Same margin goes for say buying a laptop, a desktop is bigger and much better performance but the laptop is smaller and compact thus costing more to manufacture blah blah blah.

But on your second half I must have had deja-vu. I love the shorty ever since MGS2 as well and my friend just got the Dboy's and replaced it with real wood and it shoots fantastic (though I am more into the steel look than the magnesium grub metal dboys uses). I have the VFC DX vers and it was way to expensive at the time, will I buy another though; NO. The TM AKS74U completley revamps the VFC. It has the same steel look (May not be as real as VFC's reciever though) and it is blow back unlike the VFC shorty, also has a kick feature on it which will be fun on those "folded stocked, one handed, jon woo hard kick moments" haha.

Just one thing though why did you say unicorn has the best externals? I havent seen anything better than the VFC unless I am wrong. I have never held the unicorn krink yet; enlightenment is needed for solids newb brain.

Just one thing though why did you say unicorn has the best externals? I havent seen anything better than the VFC unless I am wrong. I have never held the unicorn krink yet; enlightenment is needed for solids newb brain.

Unicorn one is stamped steel like the real AK, the Dboy and VFC is aluminum i believe, also the Unicorn one comes with plum grip again like the real AK and real oak grips (like real ak). The stamped steel reciever on the unicorn version makes such a great difference.

Unicorn one is stamped steel like the real AK, the Dboy and VFC is aluminum i believe, also the Unicorn one comes with plum grip again like the real AK and real oak grips (like real ak). The stamped steel reciever on the unicorn version makes such a great difference.

Wrong. The VFC also uses a stamped steel receiver. So does my DBoys, though the rest of the gun (unless you get the all-steel version) is pot metal.

The VFC also has 100% correct markings, the Unicorn doesn't (wrong selector locations, for instance), and the AKs never used OAK. Real Russian AKs use Russian plywood, pressed together and laminated.

Please stop posting dribble.

Jesus that is price is REALLY FRICKIN HIGH. Sorry TM, you fail. I never buy TM's because the externals are not that great, and performance is just ok out of the box.

Man, and I wanted a blow back 74U. There is one thing that I think this will do though. I bet someone is going to release a TM 74U clone. I will buy that, and fix it if it break rather than spending over $500 on this.

I never buy TM's because the externals are not that great, and performance is just ok out of the box.

:mellow:

I can't tell if I should respond to this or not, 5/10.

Looking forward to testing this one out, but if it's anything like the AK74MN, I'll give it a pass, at least until the gun can be upgraded so I don't have to stick with a 8.4v mini.

urgh I'm not interested in any AEG blowback until they make one where the bolt goes all the way back and is quite snappy. I don't care if half the gearbox is exposed while this happens, I can live with that. The blowback looks virtually non-existent.

As for the price! For that money I'd expect full wood & metal!

Sounds really promising with the Blow Back and that new Recoil effect addition (I hear its like shooting a GBB). This may be the new compition for VFC's AKS74U I may even consider getting the TM in replacing my old VFC AKS74U. Good job TM you seize to amaze with the new tech. Lets hope other companies pick up on this.

EDIT: Only bad thing is I bet with the new recoil effect and all the blow back small hinges and such it might be a pain to upgrade. Who knows.

errm, this is nothing new. its going to be identical to their AK74M, so we know about upgradability already. we also know that the blowback is nowt special and you may as well buy the VFC and get top quality externals. you've discovered this fad a bit late havent you?

and i think you mean "you never cease to amaze me" which means "you never stop amazing me" rather than what you said which means "you take to amaze me" :)

Well this gun was in planning since the 74 version (at the back of the book is a shadow of the s74u) but they didnt release it at the same time.

I was under the impression that the Unicorns had cyma internals.

TM and unicorn AKs dont come even close to the VFC AKs. i have a VFC AKS-74u and it is made to perfection. it is more accurate than many of my other guns i've owned even tho it has such a short barrel. it is also more sturdy, its stamped steel NOT aluminum, way more durable than the TM AK's or any stock AK in the airsoft market. when you fold the stock to the side on a TM AK, it makes a clicking sound when it locks. on a VFC, it makes a more metallic clanging sound.

i was using my vfc aks-74u to climb steep hills 2 wks ago during an airsoft game by digging the pistol grip and magazine into the ground and pulling myself up to the gun, and i weigh 180 lbs. you can't do this with an aluminum or even a steel unicorn. the vfc is more rugged and solid than the unicorn

i've also used my VFC in rain and i roll around in mud a lot, and to this day, for the past 3 years, my VFC AKS-74u has never jammed or failed on me. again, i'd never trust any of my TM's or unicorn to accomplish this

VFC customer service is also better. i was missing the pin that holds in the rear sight for my VFC AKS-74u. they replied to my email in a day and they sent a replacement pin overseas to me for free. as for tokyo marui, i tried getting a stock screw replaced because the one i had was stripped, and they never replied to me.

i'd take any VFC AKs over the TM's or unicorn's anyday.

Actually you know, when the first AK74MN was on preorder on FIRST, the price was exactly the same as the new AKS-74U's pre-order price. This is becuase it is a new item and the current price reflects on the new released item. The AK74MN's price is now lowered because it is not a new item anymore and the base MSRP is also lowered. People shouldn't freak out really because that price does not mean much until US dealers have the item. I am very sure the AKS-74U will be on sale outside of Japan for 420~450.00 and in Japan, certain stores will sell the gun for a lot cheaper.

Overall just a few things I have to say about the gun is it is a more complete accurate shape of the AKS-74U gun compared to other companies have to offer and including blowback+recoil. VFC's AK DX series will be, in my opinion one of the better made AK out on the market, but TM too offers most of the same. Only couple areas I dislike about it, is 1) Fake plastic wood heatshroud, and 2) Aluminum body. The Aluminum body is still rock solid as is, but not steel-(then again in Japan there are people who want "lightweight" guns so whatever.)

The gun is to be sold on Mid July (15th~20th estimate)

Shinden

As a Kalash AKs74U owner i would say no to this even if the kalash didnt exist. The CA or VFC, yes but wtf! The receiver at the back were the stock meets it looks HUGE. Doesnt look nice.

Seems out of proportion to me and for that price........... I'm already wlaking away

Archived