40k Scenerio

Gair333

With a September date I'll try and drum up a unit from the 9th, sure we'll get a few but I'd prefer if we got at least 5 regular troopers on show.

Eisenhorn - have you registered with our forums yet? (Same question to Gair333) It'll be useful if you could so we can make sure the most people are informed about this and the details.

I'm willing to make someone a moderator for there own section if needed.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With a September date I'll try and drum up a unit from the 9th, sure we'll get a few but I'd prefer if we got at least 5 regular troopers on show.

Eisenhorn - have you registered with our forums yet? (Same question to Gair333) It'll be useful if you could so we can make sure the most people are informed about this and the details.

I'm willing to make someone a moderator for there own section if needed.

September dude? Ive got the date of Nov 15-16 free and pencilled in. or have I missed something :D ?

or was this to come and have a look at the site :rolleyes: if so my bad :P

Ill scratch together a bit of web space and get a booking form sorted if you like! As long as everything goes through Gair333 and he gives the final thumbs up! Ill proceed!!

Inq Eisenhorn, Good set up and that would work in my experience!

I'll use the Titan info to keep us out of trouble for the first one, then if need be we can change it!

go for it dude, hit me up on email, Gair333@gmail.com and we'll go from there.

Yep, I've now attempted to log onto Grim Darkness....its funny, it asks me to activate my account via my email address, and then when you do it states I need to wait for my activation to be approved by an administrator....oh well.

If anyone cares, I've gone on as Inquisitor. ;)

yup, I need to approve new accounts.

All new members now approved.

Have a look around, I particularly recommend the threads by our German friends. They're not 'Softers but they have fantastic Imperial Guard props

I particularly recommend the threads by our German friends. They're not 'Softers but they have fantastic Imperial Guard props

Understatement of the century!

I can't wait to see the 9th fielded or indeed any guard unit :D I just really want to get the 9th's Standard all done and made so I can lead troops in suicide charges :D

It probably depends on how intricate those rules are. I think we decided earlier in this thread to try to keep it as simple as possible.....however, if the majority of players are from a Grim Darkness background, it might be worth integrating some of the GD rules....

Perhpas once the organisers get a look at the player list they can decide how best to handle this.....

Can someone summarise these GD rules, or are they the ones posted earlier? with the beads and red cloths etc...

link the thread here for everyone please, I can do the same on the GD forum.

GD rules are full LRP rules so pretty complex for people who dont want to invest in the roleplay side. The medical rules I put up before were a less complex version of our medic/hit point system.

I'm happy for this to be a more regular 'softer event (might get others interested in the full system for one!). Version III of the rules are downloadable on the GD forums - read them and let me know - Version IV will be available very shortly and is much more complete and, in some aspects, easier to understand as some significant inconsitancies have been removed and amended.

Still, this is upto the organisers and I'd only recommend a "touch" of the GD rules to help give some more 40k flavour and depth.

aye i think they were, right some quick info, Player spots for the first game will be first come first serve. look out for a thread on it ;)

booking thread?

I tend to agree with Quinch, the GD rules are very complex and whilst they will work with LARP events but for a more normal skirmish keep it simple.

Close combat is a very VERY bad idea....if everyone knows each other then fair enough, if not it could get very violent, very quick!

We have to be careful that this doesn't turn into a Scarovian day out, and a chance to test LARP rules sets. Don't get me wrong, the whole airsoft/LARP does sound like a lot of fun, but this is supposed to be simply an airsoft event (if it happens).

Of course if the organisers want to go in that direction then thats another matter.....but you may find yourself with a field full of Scarovians and no one else.

I’m with Eisenhorn on this one. If Gunman want to make this a successful weekend then it needs to be not only open to, but encourage, the great mass of regular ‘Softers to it.

Do I have an urge to turn any event I attend into a Grim Darkness LRP weekend….Yes! However, I see this more of an advertising venture for the 9th and Grim Darkness than a dedicated weekend.

The more people see GD members, in kit, the better for the GD system and the 9th in general.

I will say though that it would be very nice for there to be some element open for “interpretation/Role play” so that other players get a chance to see the 9th in full light. Be that medic rules or in some other form I don’t mind.

Lets get people in the field for a skirmish weekend with a heavy 40k theme, 40k based objectives. The sides and uniforms will be designated so the 40k theme doesn’t get lost in a host of camo mixes and that’s enough for me.

Once players see our kit out there and perhaps some heroic roleplay from us then people will be interested enough to ask for more details, from that perhaps another event with more LRP elements can be held.

A Grim Darkness event IS planned for this year once we’ve sourced a venue and the player base have had time to read through and comment on the Version IV rules so we’ll get our LRP fix.

My insurance cover me for Airsoft, Paintball and LARP all in the same field at the same time, however I'm not allowing hand to hand combat with airsoft!!!

I think if you stick with the premise that you have Imperial Gaurds sorting out a load of Chaos Colonials on a moon you won't go wrong! Uniform vs Civillian is always easy to represent, looks great and leaves no room for mistaken identity!

As I said I have piles of kit that can be used to make up units of both I guys have nothing bur still want to play!

At this weekends game a load of guys well up for this supported the idea that it be a combat weekend 'Not heavily roleplay' as in the game all the races hate each other and fight for power!!! Lets no dilute the violence lol...by having politics!!

just hot blooded warfare will loads of bangs and action!

Sounds ok?

indeed, imperial vs chaos, simple. i URGE people to read back before submitting "new" ideas.

As far as i know this is a go.

just for everyones benefit the Scarovian's and other 40k lrp teams/airsoft teams do no have priority on places. like i said first come first serve so please do not get your knickers bunched if you miss out =) if you do miss out feel free to contact me closer to the date incase any one as dropped out.

As far as i know this is a go.

just for everyones benefit the Scarovian's and other 40k lrp teams/airsoft teams do no have priority on places. like i said first come first serve so please do not get your knickers bunched if you miss out =) if you do miss out feel free to contact me closer to the date incase any one as dropped out.

Yeah, this is an independent skirmish event that we're "attending" not taking over (lol). Just waiting on the thread so we can put our names down I guess.

just for everyones benefit the Scarovian's and other 40k lrp teams/airsoft teams do no have priority on places.

Well, ok....... but isn't that limiting things a bit?

Perhaps I have misunderstood the aim of this from the start....but I thought this was about drumming up interest in a WH40K themed game, that anyone interested in this type of play could get involved with? Surely anyone who wants to play a WH40K themed game should / will have a knowledge of WH40K. I don't know how many WH40K teams actually exist out there, but you have a 60 player limit.....so it could rule out a lot of interested parties.

Anyway, you know best how you want your game to be played

Archived