DragonRed EOTech 552 Replica & Element Lens Protector

:( Damn man. Keep us posted on how it goes. If it's any consolation the OP got his money back when the same fault happened to his. He even got the original postage refunded, though he did still have to pay for the return postage.

I compared my dragon red eotech to a real steel at the weekend....there isn't much difference! I'm sure the build quality etc is better internally and probably externally its not far off. The reticles are near enough the same brightness/visibility. Mine has been skirmished 3 times now and it's been great. Still on the original duracel aa's i fitted when i got it and they have been used a lot. Really pleased with mine!

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Jul 9 2008, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I compared my dragon red eotech to a real steel at the weekend....there isn't much difference! I'm sure the build quality etc is better internally and probably externally its not far off. The reticles are near enough the same brightness/visibility. Mine has been skirmished 3 times now and it's been great. Still on the original duracel aa's i fitted when i got it and they have been used a lot. Really pleased with mine!

Are you joking?! The DragonRed is nowhere near as bright as the real Eotech, even if it is bright enough to be usable in daylight. There are still situations where the DragonRed is not quite bright enough, such as bright sunlight on a light sand coloured background. The DragonRed reticule would still be visible but it's nowhere near as easily visible as the Eotech would be. Please don't exaggerate as it only leads to disappointment of others when they buy them based on your comments.

I abandoned my plan to get a refund as i figured it wasn't worth the hassle for the money i would get back after the postage. However, i haven't told DragonRed this and as it stands it's still his turn to email me back. It's been 2 weeks now so i think i'm getting the same treatment as RedScare.

Are you joking?! The DragonRed is nowhere near as bright as the real Eotech, even if it is bright enough to be usable in daylight. There are still situations where the DragonRed is not quite bright enough, such as bright sunlight on a light sand coloured background. The DragonRed reticule would still be visible but it's nowhere near as easily visible as the Eotech would be. Please don't exaggerate as it only leads to disappointment of others when they buy them based on your comments.

I abandoned my plan to get a refund as i figured it wasn't worth the hassle for the money i would get back after the postage. However, i haven't told DragonRed this and as it stands it's still his turn to email me back. It's been 2 weeks now so i think i'm getting the same treatment as RedScare.

Well considering both me and a friend both looked own the real steel and my dragon red version and we both agreed, yes as i said the real steel is visible in daylight but my point was: I'm very pleased with mine, and in my opinion and the guy who owns the real steel..there is no point in buying the real one for £300 when you can buy one that looks just as good and works spot on for what we need. In the woods and cqb area, which is the majority of my local site i have to turn the brightness down to about the tenth setting as its far too bright otherwise, thats with light coming through the trees etc. :)

hmm..... it would appear that you too have a different version. Mine only has 8 brightness settings per colour (when i questioned DR about why there wasn't 20 settings as advertised, they claimed it meant 10 per colour <_< ) I also noticed that you said your one runs on AA, whereas Jin15's, RedScare's and mine run on AAA batteries. Mine is different from Jin15's at least in the writing on the hood.

I suppose this is the problem of ACM stuff. You never know exactly what you're going to get until it arrives in the post :( Still, it in no way excuses DragonRed's treatment of RedScare (and to a lesser extent, myself)

hmm..... it would appear that you too have a different version. Mine only has 8 brightness settings per colour (when i questioned DR about why there wasn't 20 settings as advertised, they claimed it meant 10 per colour <_< ) I also noticed that you said your one runs on AA, whereas Jin15's, RedScare's and mine run on AAA batteries. Mine is different from Jin15's at least in the writing on the hood.

I suppose this is the problem of ACM stuff. You never know exactly what you're going to get until it arrives in the post :( Still, it in no way excuses DragonRed's treatment of RedScare (and to a lesser extent, myself)

yeah thats odd, i deffo have 20 brightness settings per color and it runs on 2 aa batteries. It seems to be a bit hit and miss with the china-soft kit. I hope you sort the problem out with dragon red, again another problem with buying abroad, it's very frustrating you can't walk into a shop with the item and show them what's happened.

hahahahaha, oh wow. So I left a bad review on their website and they deleted my review. So I will be leaving dragonred open in a tab and posting my review when they delete it.

Wow... that's kind of unwise of them to do that. It's not like we don't have over 40,000 members on this website!!! Crappy customer service and common knowledge of that can really hurt business. :waggle: