AA-12 shotgun, I want one!

Mr.Hyde

Ok take a look at this:

If the US military does take it on, there is sure to be a replica sooner or later. The question is, how the heck would you make it? Any ideas?

Just thought it would be something to keep an eye out for ^_^.

as nice as that would be I wouldn't say 'there sure to be a replica' because there are plenty of semi-auto capable and/or drum fed shotguns in the world already that haven't been replicated so its just another one on the list and the full auto makes it even more complicated to make an airsoft version. heck most airsoft shotguns are fairly primitive in design, Tanakas are the most realistic and they only fire 3 bbs per shot without extensive modification from Redwolf and the Maruzen M1100 is pretty good for semi-auto (though like other Maruzens it uses a resovoir of gas rather than gas in the shells - which is what helps Tanaka have a realistic operation) - although there seem to be alot of people who like shotguns on these forums they don't seem to be all that popular in terms of how many people actually own one (ie have bought one) and as a result the tech doesn't seem to advance at anything like the rate of aegs.

as to how it might be done? I guess one way would be a multi-barreled aeg like the tm shotguns but full auto.

as nice as that would be I wouldn't say 'there sure to be a replica' because there are plenty of semi-auto capable and/or drum fed shotguns in the world already that haven't been replicated so its just another one on the list and the full auto makes it even more complicated to make an airsoft version. heck most airsoft shotguns are fairly primitive in design, Tanakas are the most realistic and they only fire 3 bbs per shot without extensive modification from Redwolf and the Maruzen M1100 is pretty good for semi-auto (though like other Maruzens it uses a resovoir of gas rather than gas in the shells - which is what helps Tanaka have a realistic operation) - although there seem to be alot of people who like shotguns on these forums they don't seem to be all that popular in terms of how many people actually own one (ie have bought one) and as a result the tech doesn't seem to advance at anything like the rate of aegs.

as to how it might be done? I guess one way would be a multi-barreled aeg like the tm shotguns but full auto.

As sweet as a full automatic three barrelled Tm shotgun sounds, I think it would just become a BB hose, a sweet hose at that, but not a shotgun.

Unless the ROF was severely limited to simulate the same effect as Real steel auto shotguns, then you might get the same effect. It would still be missing the recoil; (i.e. the best thing about shotguns)

That gun looks different, but they seem to work on the same design pretty much. I would think that no hicaps would be released for it, hopefully. If they were is would be the ultimate BB hose. Unless it had an LPEG box that didnt break. Or they could just do a slug firing version.

If it was made to use the airsoft surgeon buckshot and slug shells that would be pretty sweet, although pricy as heck.

The Atchisson is actually pretty old. Don't know why it got featured in Future Weapons. Its like them having a segment on the IDF new smg, the UZI.

I tried starting a project on the USAS, also an auto-shotgun but never got to starting it. However, from what I've gathered from all the people who helped in brainstorming, the most efficient auto-shotgun AEG design is as follows:

Standard AEG gearbox with one hop and barrel, can be a crappy barrel for spread.

Ultra-fast ROF like more than 30rps

Burst circuit installed for both semi-auto and full auto to give a burst of bbs (around 10) per effective "shot". Full auto will have intermittent pauses to make the "shots" distinguishable.

With the USAS-12, Saiga, Spas 15 and Pancor Jackhammer all being drum or mag fed shotguns this is absolutley nothing new, just another example of Americans saying 'we built it first', forgetting the fact that they are just copying others.

To make this or any mag fed shottie would be rather difficult, either you would have to combine a mulit shot system, like TM's shotties 3 shot but in a gas / AEG system.

It's possible but difficult to make so i doubt that a replica will be made.

'FireKnife'

You could base it off an armalite body or SIG body, and change the reciever.

There are a lot of ways you might do this, but I would suggest rule number 1 is for it to be non-shell ejecting. You could give it blowback, but only collectors have shell ejectors... Completely useless for skirmishing.

The drum mag would just contain BB's. It could have a front faceplate that would rotate every shot, to give it the correct look, and you could even cut up TM shot shells, and make it look great.

Now, the system.

You could make it an A.E.G... Maybe with one of those trigger circuit limiting systems, so that it does semi ok, but when you hold down full auto, it is basically semi with a miniscule gap between each shot - to simulate the correct R.O.F.

I'd probably go for gas though. Easier from the blowback point of view. The mag, like a Tanaka, could have the gas storage and BB's (a scaled-up version).

As for barrels, you could probably pinch TM's 3 barrel system, and HOP.

Ben.

There's a whole bunch of space in that receiver... It would be interesting for someone to design an AEG that runs pistons and 3 barrels. Or they could just modify the TM shotgun system to run on a motor. If they could get it to work, that would an insain airsoft gun. Imagine 3 bb's per shot firing a steady stream! You'd go through hicaps really fast.

I imagine that if someone had a lot of time and technical know-how, they could probably get something to work by combining TM shotgun internals with an ICS mechbox lower.

With the USAS-12, Saiga, Spas 15 and Pancor Jackhammer all being drum or mag fed shotguns this is absolutley nothing new, just another example of Americans saying 'we built it first', forgetting the fact that they are just copying others.

The first Atchisson select-fire shotgun pre-dates all the guns you've listed by at least a decade.

If an airsoft version of the AA-12 were made I'd prefer it to be a GBB rather than AEG. Maybe use a sytem similar to the shell-less m1100 defender that Maruzen made, GBB with three bb's per shot. Downsides would be cooldown in full-auto and no hop-up.

Standard AEG gearbox with one hop and barrel, can be a crappy barrel for spread.

Ultra-fast ROF like more than 30rps

Burst circuit installed for both semi-auto and full auto to give a burst of bbs (around 10) per effective "shot". Full auto will have intermittent pauses to make the "shots" distinguishable.

In my opinion it would be more efficient just to use an really well made inline-vortex BBMG:

http://www.neospud.com/mark3/mark3.html <- Watch video

Here's the internals...There's like no moving parts, but make the vortex block out of plexiglass or metal IMO.

http://www.burntlatke.com/bb.html

Archived