Things that are beginning to annoying me

Tom Andrews

One thing that annoyed me when I lived near Huntingdon. The huge Chav population. I swear to god, the Oxmoor estate is some kind of government experiment to see how fast the buggers breed. I'm hoping the next phase is to determine the best way to 'thin the ground', so to speak.

In particular, the ones who wander around spitting all over the place, dropping rubbish everywhere, general scumbag behaviour. Reached a peak when one barged past my missus, telling her to "Watch where you're going, stupid #####." However, I did enjoy the way the blood drained from their faces when I correct them on their behaviour, along with a graphic description of what I'll do with some highly-valued parts of their anatomy if they don't apologise and #### off.

Other road users can truly test my patience. Taxi drivers pulling out about 20 metres in front of me while I'm doing 50. Phoned the cab company to complain with the guys licence plate, only to be told "Oh that was probably my uncle, he only just got here from Pakistan." What do you think I said next?

A ###### in a BMW doing the same, and giving ME the finger when I beep him. I turned around and followed him, caught up with him in Tesco's carpark. Stopped the car behind him while he was parking and wound the window down, he was completely clueless I was there. Waited for him to get out, then opened up and gave him an earful. He sh@t himself. :P

Does anyone else feel truly frustrated that you can't violently beat these people without seeming like a bad man? I mean frustration to the point where I shake. Can't be good for me.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who stare at you when you're in a resturant.

I'm trying to eat dammit!

CoD 4, Mile High Club on Veteren. I did it on the English version. I now have the French version of the game (other disc got laserburned, and tax in France is nothing on England) and I simply cannot do it. Gragh.

Working as an IT techy for people who think they know more then me about computers. If you're so good, why do you need me here??

Also, when I'm doing IT work for someone, and they breath down my neck or make uncomfortable noises if they don't understand what I'm doing.

You're paying me to do a job. Let me do it!

The same applies to players who ask you to repair their guns. I have no problem with the concerned owner looking on and even asking questions, but don't EVER pick up the separate parts which I've put in a certain order (usually with the correct screws sitting in the appropriate holes) then turn the part over dropping screws, washers, shims etc on the floor.

Or offer advice how the parts should be fitted. You asked me to fix it because you screwed it up, for Gods sake!!

At one of our sites we have put the work bench facing away from the punters so they can't peer over the techies' shoulder, saying 'whats this?' 'whats this?' 'whats this?'

Yes indeed (though, I'm probably guilty of doing that once or twice myself).

It's a little similar when I run private days and people think that because I've hired the site out, it's up to me to do everything, answer technical questions, organise lifts home, lend people BBs... it's like... I'm the one do you lot a favour here, you are aware of that, right?

I realise the similarity to that complaint and previous complaints I've had by the way, but it's on my mind...

People that cut me up then drive really slowly and badly

Bingo adverts, for some reason seeing a woman going into a phase of orgasmic spasms because she won at a bingo game is pretty irritating to me. That and the fact there on all the time

Chavs, nuff said

Small springs in airsoft that always eject onto your dark colored floor were you will never find them

At work when some fat %$£&"$ orders ice cram at half 10 at night and will just stare at it for a hour preventing me from clearing it up and going home

etc

my laptop has been getting hotter and hotter over the last few months!

Mine did that, then I cleaned the heatsink and the problem went away.

On topic: fog lights annoy me, specifically those that are employed when there's absolutely no bloody fog, anywhere within 6000 miles of the car's location. Or those people who use full beams when driving at night where there's street lighting, gee thanks, I really wanted to be blinded.

People who ignore red traffic lights, or assume that amber means "keep driving at the same speed you are now. Like the guy un a golf who decided to try go right at the same junction I was waiting to turn left at. Light turns red, I make my turn, he keeps going then has the cheek to have a go at me for his stupidity.

Or the more amusing thing: Merc drivers who ignore speed limits and get stopped by a red light next to me in my 1.2L Clio. He was mighty upset when I left him at the lights, so much so he was probably doing near a hundred when he shot past me a minute later.

Gearbox trigger asemblies and anti-reversal latches: just when you think you've got the gearbox together... sproing, out pops one or both, then there's the half hour fight to put them back in whilst trying not to knock anything else out of place. Inevitably, it's a round of fit, sproing, fit sproing, sproing, sproing, fit, sproing, fit, succeed in getting gearbox together have beer in celebration, then discover that you hadn't put the spring on to the tappet plate. Repeat fight with gearbox. Swear a lot, and go get a different gun to use.

I've just spent 30 mins trying to get a CD to work in my computer. The trouble is my computer came with a vertical DVD/CD drive and the supplied CD is a half sized one, so you can't get it on the central spindle. I've now got to remove the computer from the nice space it was fitted into, no doubt disturb some connection, turn it on its side, just to play this CD. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

I've just spent 30 mins trying to get a CD to work in my computer. The trouble is my computer came with a vertical DVD/CD drive and the supplied CD is a half sized one, so you can't get it on the central spindle. I've now got to remove the computer from the nice space it was fitted into, no doubt disturb some connection, turn it on its side, just to play this CD. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Hahahaha oh wow that is unfortunate :D

Never mind Tom, I'm sure you'll be able to put your feet up and have a nice relaxing evening fixing your own guns that people have broken :D

Gearbox trigger asemblies and anti-reversal latches: just when you think you've got the gearbox together... sproing, out pops one or both, then there's the half hour fight to put them back in whilst trying not to knock anything else out of place. Inevitably, it's a round of fit, sproing, fit sproing, sproing, sproing, fit, sproing, fit, succeed in getting gearbox together have beer in celebration, then discover that you hadn't put the spring on to the tappet plate. Repeat fight with gearbox. Swear a lot, and go get a different gun to use.

For me the ARL always stays in place like it should, but then the tappet plate pops up and takes the main spring out too!

Apparently it reduced the risk of laserburning your disk in an XBox 360, but, yes, in anything else, you're absolutely right. Nonsense.

Actually, having your 360 standing vertically INCREASES the chance of it burning a perfect circle onto your discs.

That's why I keep my on a shelf, lying down in the correct manner, and have never had a disc scratched by my own console... just by my idiot girlfriend who for the last four years now has systematically gone through my console games collection, playing each one for a couple of days, and then getting bored, taking the disc out... AND LEAVING IT FACE UP ON THE TABLE!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!

Everytime I come home and see a disc on the table, I'm like "That's £40.00 or so down the Khazi...".

Something that annoys me quite badly is when some people feel the need to tell you you're not very good at something, and give you things to improve on... and later you find out that they are actually worse at it than you, with no hope of improving any time soon.

That really gets on my wick.

Ben.

Actually, having your 360 standing vertically INCREASES the chance of it burning a perfect circle onto your discs.

That's why I keep my on a shelf, lying down in the correct manner, and have never had a disc scratched by my own console... just by my idiot girlfriend who for the last four years now has systematically gone through my console games collection, playing each one for a couple of days, and then getting bored, taking the disc out... AND LEAVING IT FACE UP ON THE TABLE!!! ARGHHHHHHH!!

Everytime I come home and see a disc on the table, I'm like "That's £40.00 or so down the Khazi...".

Something that annoys me quite badly is when some people feel the need to tell you you're not very good at something, and give you things to improve on... and later you find out that they are actually worse at it than you, with no hope of improving any time soon.

That really gets on my wick.

Ben.

Really? Mine works the other way around, it's laserburned 3 of my disks whilst laying flat, and runs fine whilst vertical. Sorcery.

Do you still have to take a test to get a driving licence? Do car manufacturers only supply indicators as optional extras? I only wonder because the number of people who only indicate when the traffic lights turn green never ceases to astonish me. How difficult is it to operate them a hundered yards before, giving poor saps like me a chance to change lanes.

Today I experienced an example of such mind blowing stupidity I'm still seething some eight hours later.

I join a queue of traffic waiting for a set of level crossing gates to raise. The gates raise and off the queue goes. Just as I get onto the tracks the queue of traffic stops, leaving me straddled across the tracks. From my vans cab I can see that the lead car, five cars up has stopped but with nothing in front of them.

I wait patiently, whilst the car stuck behind the lead car starts sounding his horn. Then I hear BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, - warning that the gates are coming down for another train! I blow my horn urgently and fortunately the guy in front edges forward enough so that I can hard lock around the back of him and squeeze past the stalled row of traffic.

As I go past the front car I look down, expecting to see some old biddy having a heart attack or at least a driver desperately trying to start his stalled car. No, what I see is a cretin on his mobile phone oblivious of the potential carnage that almost was about to happen.

I'm not normally the sort of person who succumbs to road rage, but in this case I saw red. I was out of the cab and pounding on his window as fast as I could move, only to be greeted by a finger............

At which point I'm joined by the guy from behind this idiot who lets rip with an impressive vocabluary of basic anglo saxon, mainly bearing on this morons parentage and his lack of genitalia.

The moron now screams off leaving us shaking our heads and other drivers trying to get his number.

It that incident never happens again, it will be too soon.

At the risk of causing further anger - it is stupid, illegal and dangerous to enter a level crossing or any road junction unless your exit is clear. See The Highway Code for the official phrasing.

The correct thing to do is wait on your side of the crossing until there is sufficient space on the other side for your vehicle, then you cross in one movement. If you had done so, you would not have been stuck in the middle of the track with nowhere to go.

Admittedly, the guy who caused the traffic to stop for no good reason was a complete and utter moron, who shouldn't be allowed on the road, but that's really not the cause of your car being on the railway line.

Archived