Things that are beginning to annoying me

Tom Andrews

No, you wait until there is enough space on the other side to move into, not until there will be enough space *IF* the guy in front of you keeps moving. You don't move until you are no longer relying on the situation to change for you to have a safe place to move into - you wait until the space is available, then move across the tracks all at once. The guy in front of you could stall, leaving you on the track, unable to get around him.

If you wait until there is a car-length behind him, then go, no matter what he does, you'll still be able to get all the way across the tracks.

I would have thought that was a pretty obvious thing at any road junction. When waiting in a traffic queue, you don't block side roads, you wait on your side of it until there is enough space on the other side to move across - allowing anyone who is trying to turn into the road to do so. It's simple common sense, courtesy and it's in the Highway Code, which you're all supposed to know before getting your license, and you're supposed to follow all the time.

If everyone did, then there would be far less problems on the roads. Most of the annoyances on this thread are about the roads. It's pretty telling.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? Mine works the other way around, it's laserburned 3 of my disks whilst laying flat, and runs fine whilst vertical. Sorcery.

When I got it, I was advised by the shop staff that they'd had numerous complaints about people scratching or burning a perfect circle into their 360 discs.

This happened because people had set them up vertically, or on the floor. The slightest knock, or someone slamming a door, or whatever, can cause the disc to unseat slightly in the tray, and scratch itself.

I looked on a repair forum, and it turns out that you're actually meant to have it on a shelf of some kind, which was news to me: My DreamCast is on the floor in front of the T.V., and has been for many a year.

This then annoyed me further, as I had to build a shelf in my room.

Aaaaaaaaaaand then my discs get scratched anyway, by my arch-nemesis, so I don't know why I actually bothered...

Ben.

Hedganian, you are completely right, I should have, however we all moved off in the waiting queue together (as you do) and from my cab I could see the road was clear of any obstructions and allowed myself to get too close to the car in front. (Impatience you see)

The guy in front was clear of the crossing but as I crossed he stopped, I coasted a few feet further and ended up in the potential accident described.

I travel this crossing once or twice a day and was rather complacent. Thats when it gets you!

What annoyed me was not only getting caught by such an elementary error, but the guys total lack of consideration to everyone. To stop in the middle of a road to take/make a phone call is unbelievably selfish.

Still as they say, he who never makes mistakes, never makes anything.

My P226 is annoying me.

It jams when I need it, ie. diving round a corner to hose 2 guys that have held up my team for ages, or when I'm holed up in a room with nothing but my pistol and the girl next to me with her MAC11, but when I test it afterwards, it's fine. Seriously. What the hell.

Im sure that Mr Andrews is the most Angry man in Britain! :)

What annoys me are some of the punters at our site (i marshall and do the tuck for want of a better word), first of all if we have run out of sugar or disposable cups for our free tea/coffee they will complain-i mean its free so stfu or even bring your own *fruitcage* cup!

Or when you run out of bottled juice-i mean i pack at least 60 bottles of soft juice along, with water 30 bottles, mars bars, crisps & pot noodles. The bag weighs more than you average adult and fills the rear seats of a Yaris (to the roof).

Again with airsoft when either doing the food or site fee why do people give me £20 notes for the site fee or £10 for the tuck, there is a limited supply of change ffs. I mean they know the prices in advance, they have'nt changed for nearly a year!!!

Hmm, didn't realise how annoyed i was until i finished typing that-maybe tripping over the crates of coke in my hallway 5 minutes ago has biased me!

Square knot!

mini annoyance of the day: my shoelaces keep coming undone...:/

Have you double-bowed them?

I've got a pair of boots that persistently come undone even with double-bowing. I've changed the laces a few times and no matter what laces I use it's the same story. I've resorted to duck tape over the top now.

I do that with electric tape on my rugby boots now, holding up every scrum to do up my laces doesn't do anyone any favours...

indeed i do double bow them. pain in the buttocks though because they still come undone. the other day i was thoroughly fed up with them so i just tied them in a knot. great cus the didnt come undone...not so great cus they didnt come undone when i wanted them to. had to cut them to get my boot off!

Some boots that do that, I lace them then stick the loose ends of the knot in between the tongue of the boots and the outer.

If that doesn't work, unlace the boots, tie a knot in one end of the lace and lace every hole bottom to top with a single lace.

Tighten it then wrap the loose end around your ankle and stick the last bit into the tongue, no knot to come undone.

Hedganian, you are completely right, I should have, however we all moved off in the waiting queue together (as you do) and from my cab I could see the road was clear of any obstructions and allowed myself to get too close to the car in front. (Impatience you see)

The guy in front was clear of the crossing but as I crossed he stopped, I coasted a few feet further and ended up in the potential accident described.

I travel this crossing once or twice a day and was rather complacent. Thats when it gets you!

What annoyed me was not only getting caught by such an elementary error, but the guys total lack of consideration to everyone. To stop in the middle of a road to take/make a phone call is unbelievably selfish.

Still as they say, he who never makes mistakes, never makes anything.

Fair play to you, mate. We've all done something similar, I'm sure.

If you see Will Smith's new film, Hancock, there is a scene where some guy gets his car stuck on a railway line in a queue of traffic, in a very similar manner.

Im sure that Mr Andrews is the most Angry man in Britain! :)

I blame the airsofters!! I used to be quiet and mild mannered, but they slowly grind you down! :P

Sympathise with the supplying of food and drink at sites. Its more a service than a profit maker, but no matter what you take someone wants different.

'Coke?'

'You got any Diet?

'Only Zero'

'Nah............'

He then asks if there are any 'seconds' for the burgers! <_<

Unless you've got a Tesco Express opening at your site, you will never have what every single person on a 50-100 player game day would like. Most normal people accept that stocks and supplies are limited and go with what's available, or bring their own. Same for prices - unless you're buying in the millions of cans, you won't be able to get good enough prices to sell Coke at a similar price to the local supermarket. Again, most people realise this, and are happy to pay a bit more because you brought the stuff to the game, rather than them having to go and get it.

Of course, there's always some people who will complain. I say shoot them in the face :gun2::o

Unless you've got a Tesco Express opening at your site, you will never have what every single person on a 50-100 player game day would like. Most normal people accept that stocks and supplies are limited and go with what's available, or bring their own. Same for prices - unless you're buying in the millions of cans, you won't be able to get good enough prices to sell Coke at a similar price to the local supermarket. Again, most people realise this, and are happy to pay a bit more because you brought the stuff to the game, rather than them having to go and get it.

Of course, there's always some people who will complain. I say shoot them in the face :gun2::o

Don't get me started of people being dissatisfied with what you bring to Airsoft days for them. I shell out like 20 quid a time going to a wholesaler to provide people with FREE food and drink, and they complain that it's Pepsi, not Coke, or that there aren't any of their favourite flavour crisps. Bring your own!

I think the worst one was ordering Pizza to the site (on that occasion the money came out of the walkon fees, though still with me providing FREE drinks) and I ordered like 10 pizzas, pretty much covering every different topping people could ask for, and still got complaints! It's not even as if they were charged more, as it came out of money they would have had to pay anyway and starved! Bah!

:P I have Google Earth, I'm just lazy :D

Yay!! Looks like we'll be arranging a team visit!

Maybe we can work something out with The Captain? Maybe the Home Regulars V.S. The Weekend Warriors, who are regulars at EAG Worthing?

:D

Ben.

Search, you n00b! :search:

:P

Google Maps

South London, apparently, inside the M25. Drive north from Worthing on the A24 and you'll find it.

Err, the Worthing lot are all country bumpkins, I'm surprised they have electric light, let alone access to the internet.

Some of them still believe the world is flat and people from the next village are foreigners! :D

Still, they are a nice bunch, even if they are the result of cousins marrying......... :P

Archived