Things that are beginning to annoying me

Tom Andrews

used to hate when i was a BT engineer out on the vans rolling up to a job then getting beasted by the customer because the phone wasnt working or the dates etc were missed and that the info sale provided me was wrong as if i had some control over sales! lol. people dont seem to realise that the engineers were seperate - especially now their all openreach - and that the only info we have is what we're given we arent allowed to call sales when the customer is someone on tiscalli or similar, though when it was a BT customer we could and it was a nightmare!!

oh and dont get me started on fault that were the customers fault like double filtering or extensions trapped in doors then them having a go at you because you have to charge them and that it cant possibly be their fault and how your "obviously a retard or you wouldnt be a phone engineer" though i think the comment of "obviously your a retard or youd know not to run the cable in the back of a door and avoid a £70 charge" didnt go down to well but theres only so far you can push a pole monkey before we snap :D

i must say as did punkypink and skarclaw that BT sales is hopeless, they are hated by me as much as other call centres (dont get me started on Eon) but be thankful you dont have to deal with them every day like i do and most importantly (as any other BT employee will attest) when you report a problem or fault you dont get the "oh well we'll deal with it when we can, afterall your only an employee and not a customer, otherwise we'd have real problems!" actual words when i had problems moving house - sorry what part of i still pay for the service makes me not a customer? quick email to big ben and an apology from him, the grunt in question and £25 of m&s vouchers thank you very much!! i hate them but wouldnt leave BT as i know im employeed but them but im proud to be and i also know what to do to ensure i get no charges when it comes to testing, plus i know that threatening a letter to the chairman works wonders

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really annoyed me thoe other day, I was driving my van up the motorway, and everybody bknows that 90 is a reasonable spped to go at, and this fruitcage -wit infront of me was purpousfully rolling along at 70 the try and make me late, I move closer to try and hurry him up and I get a cal from my boss warning me to slow down. I get even closer to him and I get another call telling me there are complaints about my driving being made. So eventually I pull over and the guy in front of me does too gets out and starts shouting all this rubbish about dangerous driving and security.

Son of a gun got me suspended and all.

my pet hate at the minute is the invariably women, though most often girls, that work behind the checkout at tescos.

Theres job rules against this, Tesco teach all staff to great customers with 'Good [time of day]' And offer assistance where possible. Checkout staff must also make eye contact, and smile. I'd complain and let some other job hunting kids in..

I hated working for Tesco, lifeguardings SO much easier.. I'd rather be pulling people out of swimming pools than stacking shelves!

I don't care about making eye contact with the minimum wage peons at Tesco, much less their insincere greetings, I just want them to do their job as quickly and efficiently as possible, without being unpleasant, and let me get my shopping and go about the rest of my day.

There's not many things worse than standing around while the checkout drone sleeps their way slowly through scanning all your items, one and a time, in no logical order, just picking up things without looking at them without regard for scanning similar items together so I can pack them in bags in a sane order. Is that too much to ask?

Then again, I guess they don't get paid enough to take pride in their work. God knows, I sympathise with that...

At least they're not working with me lifeguarding eh?

Where'd you rather have the mindless, sleeping drone? At the checkout, or making sure you don't drown/get jumped on by some kid while you're swimming?

:P

EDIT: added a smiley.. just to lighten the mood.. :D

To be fair, if I was working on a till (and I've worked a few in my time) and thought for a moment that the person I was serving had as much respect for me as you've just implied you have for them, I'd think the customer should consider themselves lucky to get out of the store with only minor injuries :D

And what, exactly, has the checkout drone done to deserve respect? Not even doing their uncomplicated job properly or even to the best of their ability is nothing to be respected.

I respect police officers, soliders, nurses, doctors, firemen, etc. People who deserve it.

Respect is earned, not given freely. More people ought to remember that.

Also, I have, in my time, worked a crappy supermarket job. But I wasn't lacklustre about it. That's the difference. And I didn't think I deserved a great deal of respect for doing it, either.

My neighbours are beginning to pee me off. Don't get me wrong, they are very pleasant, however they regularly have people lodging with them and try to squeeze extra cars into spaces not really big enough. Now for the third time I've come back to find numerous scratches to one of my Mercs' rear doors where they have parked too close and taken the metallic paint back to primer with the edge of their car door.

I'm tempted to complain furiously about this, as although the scratches are only minor they will still cost a fortune to put right.

Respect is earned, not given freely. More people ought to remember that.

Well, that's an opinion rather than a fact - but I'll remember it's yours if that helps.

This is where we disagree, to a point: personally, I feel a certain "default" level of respect is automatic - more can be earned, and some can be lost - but a certain level (one where people remain people and aren't given derogatory names like "drone") is simply given. If they're doing a good job, they get a bit extra. If they're doing a great job they get a bit more. If they're doing a pants job it goes down of course, but it'd have to go waaaaay down before I start calling people names. You think differently, and that's up to you of course.

Besides, respect is a funny old currency - Mussolini might not score too highly with me on a few fronts, but I hear he was pretty good at sorting out public transport timetables.

That's my opinion, anyway. Some may call me politically correct (thus slapping a convenient label on me that includes all the sandal wearing tree hugging tofu eating stuff too), but they miss this point - I ain't doing it to fit in with whatever is considered politically expedient, I just happen to think the way I do, regardless of what anyone else thinks - just the same as most people. I don't like sandals, I'll 'fess up to the tree hugging (usually as cover in woodland games) and I've never eaten Tofu or a South African Peace Crisp either by the way :D

Each to their own, it'd be a funny ol' place if we were all the same and all that ;)

Anyway: people organising their wedding day for the same weekend I want to go airsofting. Bloody annoying.

i know what pablos trying to say and i agree, i think the thing that annoys me most about it is ive been brought up to show a level of respect that involves greeting the person, be they the customer im serving (no matter how rude and when i worked at the golden arches back home we got some rude thugs), the postman or binman in the morning or even down to greeting the person im getting served by, but when that person fails to respond if im face to face with them (passing in the street is a bit different) or worse still they then go on to ignore me and carry on with what most people would think was an inappropriate conversation that has no place in their current work place that really jars me off, which was the point i was trying to make and kinda did but kinda didnt. :D

Checkout drone is a pretty accurate description, for me atleast, cause as a checkout drone, at the shop I work at there are plenty of things outside of just scanning stuff through which if I did without managers permisison, I could get in deep suitcase, so because I figure that the customer doesn't really care about me (fair enough) I then put my job above them, and explain why I can't do that just yet. For some reason, people can get really perplexed by this, but whatever.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, which is surprising, but if it has, then whatever.

Having my haircut is about the worst thing I can consent to. I hate it so much I should either grow it really long or shave it regularly just to keep my sanity. I hate everything about getting my hair cut. Itches that I can't scratch because I have a robe over myself, inane short talk (not their fault I guess, I just have nothing interesting I particularly want to tell them, and most of the time small talk sounds forced as hell anyway, I don't know why anybody bothers. Chances are, if it begins with "Sooooo..." its not worth it.) and whenever I go in, the radio seems to be playing Jo Whiley on Radio 1, which just adds to my fury .

My neighbours are beginning to pee me off. Don't get me wrong, they are very pleasant, however they regularly have people lodging with them and try to squeeze extra cars into spaces not really big enough. Now for the third time I've come back to find numerous scratches to one of my Mercs' rear doors where they have parked too close and taken the metallic paint back to primer with the edge of their car door.

I'm tempted to complain furiously about this, as although the scratches are only minor they will still cost a fortune to put right.

Neighbours who park their cars with two wheels on the pavement on a street only wide enough for a single car. Bad enough. Doing it when your house has a driveway? Worse. Putting your car opposite MY driveway, so I can't turn my car into it without a great amount of messing about (the street is narrow, remember?) - THE WORST. :angry:

I'm tempted to go out at 0400 and key their car - wings AND windows (getting new glass costs even more than a respray) AND slash their tyres... <_<

But I guess there's more important things to worry about in life...

Archived