I always wanted to keep discus and finally have taken the plunge :rolleyes: Really neat fish and for around a 100 bucks a piece I will probably cry if they die. :P The biggest is around 5 inches and the rest are from 2.5 to 4

Those are some nice looking fish! Beautiful.

get one of these

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=68...DPKiSrAK51um5DA

i recorded the video whilst snorkling. this was in about 8 -10 inches of water in alot of surf right next to the shore.

as lion fish go this one was pretty cool about things for about 10 miutes despite me swiming through his bait ball as he was hunting.

after i stopped recording and snapped some piccies he decided to warm me off with a threat display which i got a nice piccie of then left him to it. and went hunting for a black moray which was around there.

he hunted in the same place every day regular as clockwork, 2-3 at the peir in sharm el maya house reef

We had a Diamond Koi that was worth about $3K. He is living with a friend is a large covered pond.

I personally have an Albino Tiger Oscar named Bubba. He is about six inches long.

Then there is Sluggo. He is my Electric Catfish. Quite the shocker sometimes. :shocked: I think he is about eight inches long.

They both eat live goldfish. :death:

We had a Diamond Koi that was worth about $3K. He is living with a friend is a large covered pond.

I personally have an Albino Tiger Oscar named Bubba. He is about six inches long.

Then there is Sluggo. He is my Electric Catfish. Quite the shocker sometimes. :shocked: I think he is about eight inches long.

When it comes to christmas, drop the tree light plug into the tank with the electric catfish.

Hey presto, your bill is saved for the year.

:P

• 2 months later...

I keep trying to order Discus in (I work at an aquatics dealer) but our wholesaler won't let us.

Probably has something to do with the fact I'm the only qualified person to keep them along with someone else out of 10 people that work there. I can't be nannying them 24/7...

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Koi...

Left side of pond.

P9110886.jpg

Right side of pond.

P9110885.jpg

Being fed.

P9110890.jpg

P9110889.jpg

We think there are about 200-250 of them and we started out with 25 2 years ago.

The bastards multiply quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
I keep trying to order Discus in (I work at an aquatics dealer) but our wholesaler won't let us.

Probably has something to do with the fact I'm the only qualified person to keep them along with someone else out of 10 people that work there. I can't be nannying them 24/7...

Maybe i just did everything right by chance, but ive never kept anything harder than angels, and that was 2 years ago. I randomly said "I want a discus tank" so let it cycle, and after 2 weeks added the 4 discus (the tank cycled incredibly quick). All of them are still going strong and have grown quite a bit as well.

Update: 9/22

They have all matured quite well, particularity the runt of the fish I received, he has begun to color up nicely and has grown about an inch since I got him.

Family photo:

IMG_3179l.jpg

I need to do some algae cleaning as well.

Edited by Sniperman15
Maybe i just did everything right by chance, but ive never kept anything harder than angels, and that was 2 years ago. I randomly said "I want a discus tank" so let it cycle, and after 2 weeks added the 4 discus (the tank cycled incredibly quick). All of them are still going strong and have grown quite a bit as well.

Update: 9/22

They have all matured quite well, particularity the runt of the fish I received, he has begun to color up nicely and has grown about an inch since I got him.

Family photo:

I need to do some algae cleaning as well.

Don't go feeding them any ###### like flake! Not good for any kind of fish.

No way, they get beef heart haha

Oh haha! Thats quite old fish lore that is, I'm quite surprised you mentioned that.

I've paid for hardly anything for my new set-up thus far!

-Tank, from another mates attic

-Corydoras, free from work

-Large Angel fish, from customer, needed a new home due to move

-Flying fox, was ill, I took it in, treated it then took it home.

And all my ornaments and plants were written off or off our stockfile at work. I'm going to see how far I can this without paying a penny...