GWS XM8 conversion kit for G36C

Mr.Hyde

Hey guys,

So I noticed AEX is trying to get rid of their XM8 kits, and I thought it would be cool to use a JG for it. The thing is, I could buy an SRC XM8 for that price, which do you think would be a better choice?

I could not find any info on the GWS XM8 accept in darklites review of the AGM XM8. He said it is a poor fit, is this true?

I have been wanting a XM8 for awhile, I just do not know the best option. Which do you guys recommend?

This is not the way to go for an XM8. Its annoying, a poor fit, lacks features, and is extremely flimsy, especially in the buttstock - not to mention the dummy sight is an absolute joke.

I cared so little about mine that I hacked it all up and "cross-bred" it with a G36... Only now is it slightly favorable as a weapon.

EDIT: See rotating gif in my sig for not only my sick photoshop skills :P, but a fairly accurate rendition of what mine looks like

Get an SRC. If you truly desire only an XM8, I believe their Gen. IIIs are your best bet for a quality weapon.

do you know if uses G36 mags?

Fairly sure that they do, as the differences between the real xm8 and the g36 are mostly cosmetic.

Its a fun weapon to use (if you get a good, non-GWS one), but be prepared for some gentle ribbing from your mates, cuz in my experience, the only other gun to get you more ribbing is the FAMAS. Ironic, considering the G36 overtook the M4 sometime last year as the most popular AEG (i think). Get the gun how you like it, and its a solid player.

Now - a caveat is that the SRC is not perfect, either. Though it fixes many of the annoyances of the GWS (uhh...removing the whole flimsy, difficult foregrip to change out the battery, anyone?), rumor has it that the scope, which is a 3x, is too finnicky and small for anything but long range battles, and it renders the iron sights completely useless.. However, rumor also has it that the Gen 3 scopes are removable. This is all I know in that arena, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

EDIT: I would also recommend tapping holes in your foregrip and attaching G36C short rails. This will help tremendously with things like a fake PEQ (which I had to install to keep from having to remove the grip every 900 rounds or after every game day - you may not.) and foregrips work and look very well.

Thanks a ton man.

I think I will give the SRC a chance, BTW there is a gun that will get you more ribbing than the FA-MAS, and thats the Type 97 lol. It's China's assault rifle, and boy I have gotten flamed I dont know how many times for it lol.

I will let you know how it goes.

Archived