Okay so this is the first review ive ever written, I hope its okay.

I was in the market for a small last resort boot gun sort of thing and this is what i chose;

dscf1557rd7.jpg

The P230 by KSC. On the outside the box looks pretty cool, like they are aiming for a bit of class...

Open the box and heres what you get;

dscf1559dx2.jpg

The usual boring styrafoam inset thats made to fit a bunch of other guns too.

It also comes with the manual, ksc pamphlet, a weird loader, some bbs and the hop adjustment tool (a very small alan key).

On to the gun its self;

dscf1563ji7.jpg

What can I say? Shes a beautiful gun. The finish on the plastic looks very good, no obvious seamlines. The grips however are fail. they

arent eved rubberized plastic they are quite hard.

Weight; well its a small gun and mostly plastic so its not really so heavy at all, no suprise there. There are few actual metal parts to it (just

the mag and the internal machinery).

dscf1572si0.jpg

dscf1574ga7.jpg

It has all the markings on the sides very lightly engraved in to the plastic. (with an additional Sig Sauer logo on the magazine)

dscf1569ho7.jpg

The sights are great, they are very easy to use.

The gun holds 12 rounds in one magazine, the mag holds enough gas to fire off about 2 and a half mags worth of bbs.

Accuracy; I fired 12 rounds from 7 metres away and here are the results;

dscf1598zg1.jpg

The grouping is (discarding the further most flier up the top) 6.5cm by 4 cm

This wasnt shot terribly scientifically; i was just resting the gun on a table and holding it with my hands, so it was probably not

completely still.

From such a small gun not too bad id say. not perfect but good enough.

range im not sure, i havent had the opportunity to test that yet.

Operation of the gun;

Using the weird loader:

dscf1595yp5.jpg

Its a similar idea to the loaders you get with AEGs, so yeah, stupid. Best to use a speed loader.

Just like the RS version to remove the magazine the lever is on the bottom of the gun, not the most convenient as you need to pull

the mag out before getting the next mag ready (rather than being able to drop one mag with the gun hand and with the other hand

getting the next mag ready). But that is (according to wiki) one of the criticisms people have of the RS one.

dscf1588ej5.jpgdscf1590un4.jpg

Edited by WhutJP

Again just like the RS version there is no safety as such; there is just the de-cocking lever where most guns have the mag release.

dscf1608vf2.jpgdscf1609ic2.jpg

The lever puts the hammer to the half cocked position.

To remove the slide pull down the front lever (say hello to ksc logo) and pull the slide off.

dscf1600qq1.jpgdscf1603ch3.jpg

once the slide is off you can acess the hop up and adjust it with the tool they gave for it

dscf1607kq2.jpg

There is no slide release lever so; once you have fired the last round and the slide is locked back, to put the slide forward again you need to remove

the mag and a;put a loaded one in or b; leave it out and then you pull back the slide and let it go.

dscf1584ie1.jpgdscf1587yh1.jpg

Now i have come across one problem, if the slide is back and you put in a new loaded magazine the first bb has a tendency to pop out of the top. If you

are holding the gun upright then its not a problem. However if the gun is on its side or something then the bb will start rolling around on the inside and

just generally get in the way. Solution to this is make sure the slide is forward when loading.

dscf1599ve1.jpg

Impressions;

Pros: Its small, its very pretty a great finish to it, great sights, not bad accuracy, more shots in it than a revolver (another boot gun choice). Fun to shoot.

considering how small it is velocity wise it seemed okay. havent put it through a chrono but at 7m it was passing through a cardboard box without problems.

Cons: The grips are very plasticy I dont like the feel, not good for a primary-back up (if that makes sense) due to small mag size and the slow reload time. Also

the problem with the bb coming loose when reloading.

Cos everyone likes numbers;

Looks:5/5

Accuracy:3/5

Range: unknown

feel of the gun: 3/5 at the moment, with new grips then 5/5

Overall considering what i wanted out of it im quite satisfied. just need to get some new grips.

Edited by WhutJP

Nice to see an oldie re-released from KSC.

Any chance of some shots of the inside of the slide - the blow-back unit and so forth?

Hopefully they have changed the system.. I doubt it but I hope. :)

Might have to get one to go with my black one.

As for the non rubberized grips they shouldn't be. You don't want rubber grips on a concealment weapon, especially a deap concealment piece like this, as they would print through your clothing.