JLS FN2000 Manual

RockDog

I can't find my F2000 manual at the moment but, from memory, it doesn't have anything that'd help you dismantle or rebuild the gun.

Tell us what the problem is and maybe somebody here can help.

Thanks mate, well Im downgrading the spring in it to make it site legal. And not sure how to do a strip to that point. I will have a go and draw the process as I go I guess.

Well, I can help you with that....

Remove the receiver (by pushing the button on the left side of the gun) and sliding the receiver forward and out.

Knock out the pin in the trigger guard. Support the trigger guard from the opposite side using a lump of wood or summat or you might snap it.

Pull the foregrip down and remove it.

Push out the hinge-pin and remove the little round hop-up cover.

Lay the gun on a flat surface, right-side down with the fire selector set to semi.

Undo all 9 screws on the left side of the gun and you can lift the left half of the shell off.

As you're lifting the shell off there's a couple of things to pay attention to:-

Keep an eye on the rear iron sight. Note how it fits. It will NOT fit both ways around.

The mag-ejector button will probably remain in the left half when you remove it. If not, it's a button and a spring. take a minute to take a look at those pasts and ensure you put them back so that pushing the button operates the lever that works the mag catch.

It IS possible to put those bits back together wrong and it's a PITA having to strip the gun down again just to fix it.

With the left half removed you will find you can grab the gearbox and lift it up slightly BUT it's still attached to the guns trigger bar.

Lift the gearbox up half an inch and look down the gap behind it and you'll see there's a spring hooked over the trigger bar.

Unhook the spring from the trigger bar and lift up the trigger bar to unhook it from the lever on the side of the gearbox.

Once you remove the gearbox you can use resources such as Mechbox.com or the video HERE to talk you through swapping the spring

The F2000 gearbox is, basically, just a V2 gearbox with the motor grafted into the back of it rather than living underneath so almost anything that applies to a V2 gearbox will apply to the F2000 gearbox as well.

Also, if you're feeling brave, while you've got the gearbox out of the F2000 you can fix its biggest problem.

You may or may not have noticed but the gun will not work with locap magazines.

This is because there's a screw lug on the bottom of the gearbox that gets in the way of the catch at the top of a locap mag.

You can identify the correct screw by laying the gearbox back in the right half of the stock and then fitting a mag.

If you look at the top of the hicap mag you'll see that it just misses one of the gearbox screws.

As I say, if you want to be brave, while you've got the gearbox in bits you can use a dremel/file/saw and remove that screw lug completely.

I've been using my F2000 like this for a year and it hasn't seemed to have suffered because of it.

Finally, while it's in bits you should really stress-relieve the corners of the gearbox cylinder window like THIS.

That's particularly important with the F2000 gearbox because a replacement isn't available if it does break.

good info there "stealth bomber",.

The FN2000 is one of the eaiest guns you'll have to strip down, might aswell do some upgrade while your there though, id change the bushings, tappet plate, piston etc.,

Archived