This is a review on the G&P 553, which I think is the same as the ACM 553s, but i'm not really sure. I got this from redwolf with excellent shipping, it came in a week.

Packaging:

This came in a plain box that said 553 Type Dot Sight, and it was wrapped in a plastic bag. To prove it is G&P on the lower right it says GP686B

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

Exterior:

The exterior is nice, and feels like much every other acm out there, except for the battery cover. It is made from a hard ABS and is textured but it looks kinda shiny. The quick release is made from metal. The bottom side of the sight looks a bit cheap, the mounting that grips onto the rail is made from plastic and I hope it won't wear down over time.

IMG_5954.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5970.jpg

Function:

This works like any other eotech replica out there, it uses a reddot on the bottom that it reflects into the lens and creates a reticle.

The sight works decently. I don't see any ghosting at all. When you move the reticle side to side, it moves alot more than when it moves up and down, but none the less it works perfectly. The biggest difference between the 553 and every other eotech replica out there, is the quick release, it works just ok, for some reason the grips that grip onto the rail sometimes hits the rail and you won't be able to clamp it down. The battery springs aren't strong enough to push the batteries down enough to connect with the other ends, so when you put on the cover you would have to press down and really make sure the cover is in tight or else the sight won't work.

IMG_5971.jpg

IMG_5973.jpg

Conclusion:

I got this for 125 shipped, while other acm replicas are for around 80, so if you have the money get it, but I would suggest you wait until a 2nd run, which fixes some of the problems, before you purchase. It is overall a good sight.

Score: 7/10

Sadly no, it is not good enough for outdoors on a sunny day, you will barely be able to see the reticle even at full brightness.

That's generally the problem with all the replica Eotechs regardless of manufacturer. But for those who solely use these for indoor gaming, they're fine.

Thanks for the review! BTW, if the clamps are getting in the way, you may need to file off some material from the surface of the clamp that interfaces with the rail. I generally have the opposite problem with a lot of airsoft clamps or out of spec rails as sometimes once clamped down the mounted piece is super loose. If you ever find that to be the case, what I do is take several strips of black electric tape and line the inside of the base of the mount. The electric tape acts as a spacer but also works well as it basically rubberized the base of your mount. Something to keep in mind. ;)