Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dingo it looks cool. But there was a photographer who went into Laos earlier this year, they still have m16's they used during the war. Even they arent that worn

I assume this is the rifle you're talking about.

imageloadere87f68iy2io4.jpg

I'd say that's a bit more worn than mine. Plus, when you look at the other side of the rifle (that pic is down for whatever reason), it's missing the dust cover and forward assist.... and the foregrips are missing huge chunks, held together with fabric.

Add onto it the fact that the pictured model is an actual M16A1, (in the 1,800,000 SN range) produced from 1968-1969, while mine is a replica of a Model 602 (produced from 1963-1964), and I feel the wear is pretty appropriate. But that's my opinion, and you're more than welcome to yours. I appreciate the input regardless.

m4.jpg

Thats the still unfinished gun, but its a lot closer than it was a year ago.

m4aot.jpg

And thats the gun I might be working on in awhile. If someone can tell me the scope that'd be great. I already know about the scope mount with rails.

I can't be 100% sure without seeing the front of the scope, but it looks like something similar to this:

http://www.leapers.com/pages/optics/accush...124aomd_a_c.htm

or

http://www.leapers.com/pages/optics/5th_ge...p_432ml1w_c.htm

Given the cheap accessories they have bolted onto the rest of it, I wouldn't put it past them to use leapers stuff for their models.

I can't be 100% sure without seeing the front of the scope, but it looks like something similar to this:

http://www.leapers.com/pages/optics/accush...124aomd_a_c.htm

or

http://www.leapers.com/pages/optics/5th_ge...p_432ml1w_c.htm

Given the cheap accessories they have bolted onto the rest of it, I wouldn't put it past them to use leapers stuff for their models.

The funny thing is, the tri-rail mount is made by leapers, so that sounds like a good bet. Thanks!

I sold it a couple months ago. :( I'm seriously considering offering to buy it back though!

I was getting anything I wanted really, too high to speak of on these forums. I liked to tune it to the exact velocity limit of the skirmishing site here in the US.

Of course you copy one of Stick's guns ;)

He's the best, lol.

I finished my 602!

There's a whole slew more pictures in the battle-worn thread.

I have a real 602 stock (has nice wear to it) if you want it...I've never done it, but was told it can be modified to fit airsoft.

PM me if you might be interested in it.

Amazing guns guys! Really beautiful stuff! ^_^

A little off topic here, but I was wondering if anyone has a picture laying around of a CQB-R with a short rail mounted M203 on it? I searched google for about half an hour and came up empty but I'm hoping to find out how much (if at all) the tip of the M203 would stick out past the muzzle brake.

And yeah, I know that rail mounted M203s are pretty unrealistic (unless someone made a replica of the LMT one) but I'm curious to see how a short RIS mount M203 would look on a CQB-R.

Anyone have any pics of something like that?

Amazing guns guys! Really beautiful stuff! ^_^

A little off topic here, but I was wondering if anyone has a picture laying around of a CQB-R with a short rail mounted M203 on it? I searched google for about half an hour and came up empty but I'm hoping to find out how much (if at all) the tip of the M203 would stick out past the muzzle brake.

And yeah, I know that rail mounted M203s are pretty unrealistic (unless someone made a replica of the LMT one) but I'm curious to see how a short RIS mount M203 would look on a CQB-R.

Anyone have any pics of something like that?

Photoshop is your friend. It might not be perfect but give me a picture of the gun you want to see and I can see what I can do. I used photoshop to see how my "dream m4" would look and it helped me out a lot! re-read your post. Probably the best way actually would be to get measurements from someone who has each.

Edited by Spartan117x

12.5" Knights Armament SR-16

I updated and changed my Knights SR-16 Recon rifle. The 16" barrel felt too long for my use. With this 12.5" barrel, it's more versatile for use in close quarters too. I changed the barrel, added more Knights Armament stuff to it: 2005 flash hider, front and rear sling hook & light mount. For some reason I have a Knights Armament obsession-I think others do too.

KnightsSR-16_1.jpg

KnightsSR-16_2.jpg

KnightsSR-16QD.jpg

Trying to be a mini-SPR:

KnightsSR-16OPSInc.jpg

Former Recon rifle set-up:

r1.jpg

Edited by Hispeed1
Awesome guns Hispeed, Dingo.

Yea, as for the KAC stuff, it belongs on my actual AR...so that's why it's not painted. I might get another set of KAC rail panels for airsoft though.

Thanks Souske. Try some real Tango Down rail covers for your RS AR-15 they're a breeze to take on and off-the Knights rail covers can be a pain sometimes on rail handguards.

Thanks Souske. Try some real Tango Down rail covers for your RS AR-15 they're a breeze to take on and off-the Knights rail covers can be a pain sometimes on rail handguards.

Alright, thanks for the suggestion. Fortunately for me (or unfortunately), my M4's RIS specs are a little off, so the KAC rails aren't super stiff when seated on there. They come off fairly easy when pressing down on the release bar/thing.