Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey I Is Oli If i were you i would also buy a replica Acog and it would look real good.

Hi mate,

Yeah I've been in two minds whether to get one over the past few months...gonna give it a few weeks and then decide. Likelihood is that I will end up getting one..but it will definitely not be the RDS version.

I bet you could use the G&P wrench. there shouldn't be any discrepncies between a RS and Airsoft wrench. I'm sure if you saw/fingerbanged a RS wrench, you could make something that would work to.

BTW, the military is issueing new MK18's with DD foreends now? When did this happen? I knew about the DD rails being ised on Army SDM rifles, but not gucci SEAL blasters....

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny
I bet you could use the G&P wrench. there shouldn't be any discrepncies between a RS and Airsoft wrench. I'm sure if you saw/fingerbanged a RS wrench, you could make something that would work to.

BTW, the military is issueing new MK18's with DD foreends now? When did this happen? I knew about the DD rails being ised on Army SDM rifles, but not gucci SEAL blasters....

Yeah, from what I hear the Mk 18 Mod 1 is (essentially) the same rifle with a DD midlength rail put on.

Interesting news.

Link- http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/de...;product_id=111

Edited by vbtb110

Whats the news on that, Pedlar already is building a Mod1 with that rail system. It is very cool yes i concur. Only question is which gasblock does Crane put on the Mod 1.

I was actually fancying them moving up the the Aimpoint Comp M4 with the Mod 1, but who knows.

Edited by Azulsky
Whats the news on that, Pedlar already is building a Mod1 with that rail system. It is very cool yes i concur. Only question is which gasblock does Crane put on the Mod 1.

I was actually fancying them moving up the the Aimpoint Comp M4 with the Mod 1, but who knows.

Azulsky, please see my post from a page back. According to DD, the new MK18 will use the MK12 low profile gas block. You can see it on the pic of my 10.5" barrel that's waiting for a MK 18 RIS 2. Also, you can't get that rail cover. It is issued for the FN SCAR-L and for now they will not sell it to the public, although some have somehow fallen into civilian shooter hands-don't ask me who and how.

The M4 is also getting a new rail system, it's the Daniel Defense M4 RIS 2, besides the MK18. Read it all on the DD website under RIS 2. I'm surprised all you Armalite wh0r3s never heard of all this yet...

EOTech FDE 553 is officially USSOCOM issued, along with the old M68 remember?

Edited by Hispeed1

Anybody know about the G&P M4 RAS Front Set, and whether or not there are any KAC Trades? If not, does anybody know of an RAS kit similar to G&P quality that has Knight's trades? Or, even though I doubt this, but are the RS KAC trades painted, or lased/etched? Would it be hard to find a stencil to Krylon trades on?

Anybody know about the G&P M4 RAS Front Set, and whether or not there are any KAC Trades? If not, does anybody know of an RAS kit similar to G&P quality that has Knight's trades? Or, even though I doubt this, but are the RS KAC trades painted, or lased/etched? Would it be hard to find a stencil to Krylon trades on?

They have full Knights trades, except the word "Knights" has black marker on it. Just rub it off with acetone and cotton. They are laser engraved. Another alternative are the one's from King Arms-excellent quality but lower priced.

Also, you can't get that rail cover. It is issued for the FN SCAR-L and for now they will not sell it to the public, although some have somehow fallen into civilian shooter hands-don't ask me who and how.

I imagine they yoinked them from the FN SCARs that FNH USA is T&Eing around :D

They're just TangoDown panels with a different surface texture on them, I actually saw them for sale on 1 or 2 websites when they first started showing up. I imagine FN is eating them up pretty fast now though.

M16A4 & HK416

M16: G&P based

KA FN A4 body

Real steel KAC M5 RAS

G&P M203

G&P ACOG TA31 replica with Trijicon killflash

VFC PEQ replica

Predominantly prometheus FTK

416: VFC based

EOTech 512

ARMS VFG,

Surefire M2 w/ bezel etc.

IMG_5456.jpg

IMG_5458.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5462.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

416 ROF test;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTmIE4vPhtA

Cheers

My king arms a3 troy cqb compact arrived yesterday so I thought I would share some pics (sorry about the photo quality I know it's not great but it isn't that bad either)

My lightweight setup:

photo00966vj9.jpg

photo00967uh4.jpg

My hardcore setup ( :P ) :

photo00968zx6.jpg

photo00969aq9.jpg

photo00971av0.jpg

photo00974tj0.jpg

P.S I was joking around with the last setup, I do realise a m203 and silencer do contradict each other :P

Edited by gunnermaniac
2613189123_b12fe1463a_o.jpg

Can't install it right now, as my DD wrench is on backorder, but I should have the whole thing done as soon as I get back from Europe...

Say, is that wrench absolutely necessary to install the rail? I've just ordered a copy of this rail and I don't think it comes with the tool...

Edited by j3T