Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a "in the field" magnified night scope, but it's goofy to have it that way. I've sen some real soldiers set it up that way, but the proper way should be ACOG in front of the PVS. Because then you're seeing into the magnified image and then applying night vision. The way with it in front of the ACOG only magnifies pixels, which is goofy, it's like putting a big magnifying glass in front of your cell phone display and calling it highres.

If that makes sense.

if you mount the acog in front, you cant see through because of the eye relief limitations of the acog... the way i have it also enables you to remove the PVS and still see through the acog, for when there is light

however, none of that matters are it si a red dot replica, for looks and that picture. i will be selling it soon, in favor of a magnified version (i think ive finally found one) so if interested, pm me ;)

it is a great red dot

-Joe

Edited by masakarijoe
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/Lau...aughlin/008.jpg

Was going for a bit of a Magpul style weapon, bit disapointed my CTR stock and MIAD grip came in different colours since they are both genuine Magpul and I got them from the same place at the same time.

Not long for Pmags!

Nice to see another ZK fan

I cant blame you for being dissapointed by that stock it looks more Tan than DFE which I'm guessing it should be. If you want Pmags you can already get hicaps unless you have your heart set on mids.

I thought Magpul had clamped down on the immitation Pmags that went around for a short period. I would prefer mids but for all this June/July release I've seen nothing, even Ebay Banned who had it on the front page mentions nothing of the Magpul production anymore.

Out of interest, where would I find a Hi Cap Pmag?

It's a "in the field" magnified night scope, but it's goofy to have it that way. I've sen some real soldiers set it up that way, but the proper way should be ACOG in front of the PVS. Because then you're seeing into the magnified image and then applying night vision. The way with it in front of the ACOG only magnifies pixels, which is goofy, it's like putting a big magnifying glass in front of your cell phone display and calling it highres.

If that makes sense.

I think that make perfect sense. I agree that it's not as effective when the NOD is placed at the objective end.

However, just like what Joe said, eye relief becomes a major problem. One thing you can do is getter a thicker stock pad which will help to an extent; however, length of pull becomes an issue that takes some getting used to. Also, on my LTR, the scope base, rings, etc. was mounted by my gunsmith with thread lock to keep it from losing zero. With the NOD, the eye relief was pushed back about 5 inches.

I'm sure USMC armors will do the same, so I'm guessing their ACOGs are not removed (or at least not easily removed) to keep it zeroed...I suppose the only option would be to place the NOD at the objective.

Edited by BaBaBooey

BEFORE:

I was using an Aimpoint 3x magnifier and Eotech

private.jpg

AFTER:

A current pic of my M4 with a new 4x Acog.

DSCN1901.jpg

So far I'm really pleased with the new replica Acog, good eye relief, super clear reticule and cool ruberized coating over the whole Acog with full trades.

AFTER:

A current pic of my M4 with a new 4x Acog.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/Jifffy/DSCN1901.jpg

So far I'm really pleased with the new replica Acog, good eye relief, super clear reticule and cool ruberized coating over the whole Acog with full trades.

Source of ACOG and pic of reticule please? Thanks!

CanadianJoker, how do you like that particular stock?

I used one for a CQB gun build and liked it for that application.

Also, where is your chargin handle brother? ;)

the stock isnt bad, need more locktite tho it gets loose on me. the gun was original a cqbr with the that stock on it and i loved it, im not to sure if ill keep it on the spr or get a full stock. the options are low for me since i cut the buffer tube.

charging handle is coming in the king arms metal furniture set. the gun isnt functional right now, still need parts for it.

once its up and running with a proper paint job ill be sure to update again.

since its a photo thread heres one more.

spr2.jpg

The fun begins...

HPIM1955.jpg

HPIM1956.jpg

HPIM1950.jpg

Western Arms M4 CQB-R

G&P Knights Rail Covers

G&P Knights Vert. Foregrip

G&P Aimpoint Replica

Avalon Tactical QD Mount

G&P BUIS

(Stole a few bits from my G&P CQB-R for some pictures)

the stock isnt bad, need more locktite tho it gets loose on me. the gun was original a cqbr with the that stock on it and i loved it, im not to sure if ill keep it on the spr or get a full stock. the options are low for me since i cut the buffer tube.

charging handle is coming in the king arms metal furniture set. the gun isnt functional right now, still need parts for it.

once its up and running with a proper paint job ill be sure to update again.

since its a photo thread heres one more.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h42/Cana...20guns/spr2.jpg

I'm guessing you mean the buffer tube on the reciver. You dont need much for a stock to be stable. I have about 1cm left on my Zombie Killer M4 after fitting a similar style folding stock and its still nice and stable with other stocks on it.