Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me. ACOGs do not match their reputation. Your eye has to be in a certain spot to see the reticle correctly (even moreso than high magnification scopes) leaving the total eye relief as plain awful. EOtech/Aimpoint and magnifier would be a much better solution.

It is all down to preferences. Personally I shifts between my Trijicon TA11 and EOTech 551 depending on the type of game and the weapon I use. Having used magnifiers I won't go down this route again. The eye relief are horribly short and IMO makes the magnifiers useless. I much rather use the EOtech w/o magnifier. It the game calls for magnified optics I go by the ACOG. And if you know your weapon you will put your head in the right position every time without having to calibrate for eye relief.

The build quality, lenses, fiber optics and tritium are all high end. If people don't like their Trijicon sights, I know quite a few people whom are ready to buy them for a reasonable prize.

Edited by eel one [COE]

These were done without a tripod and with indoor lighting...so they arnt very sharp. Any suggestions on how to get them clearer without a tripod?

Sorry, I was really sloppy with the cuts as well but wanted to give these types of photos a try.

Suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

IMG_0584kl.jpg

IMG_0577kl.jpg

needs canadian mags :)

if you didnt notice lol

*laughs* I am using Canadian mags as they stopped using the thermomolds in the Sandbox, or so I've been told.

@Sniperman15: How's that silencer treating you? I've been looking at a KAC style one for a long time but have yet to pick one up.

-Piano

Is the charging handle hanging up on the gearbox? Had that happen to me when I fitted a G&P receiver... The hopup should slide all the way into the barrel and then once the gun is back together auto-reset itself with the spring above it.

Yeah, the gearbox gets stuck on the charging handle and the charging handle is stuck inside the upper part of the receiver and the gearbox. That is however a minor issue, the biggest problem I´ve got is that the grub screw on the outer barrel that´s supposed to hold the inner barrel and hopup in place seems to be broken or to small to fit and thus there is nothing to secure it and keep it in place. Aha I see, I thought so. My hopup unit does not go all the way in, and that´s probably the reason why the lower receiver with the gearbox inside won´t go all the way in.

I am clueless as to why the hopup wont slide all the way in, I guess I have to find that out.

I´m going to look for grub screws 1 or 1/2 mm bigger today, I´ll probably be able to fix it if I just get the inner barrel and hop unit in place correctly inside the upper part of the receiver and outer barrel.

Thanks for the help.