Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful work! Mind showing me how you got your battery to fit there? I'm trying to decide upon a lipo in the receiver extension of another POF rail for my SBR build. Thanks!

I'm ditching the ACOG tomorrow so I decided to get some photos of it before hand. Again, Im not a fan of how it operates but it is absolutely gorgeous.

DSCN1519.jpg

DSCN1522.jpg

Cheers.

QDrenegade,

Beautiful job! Damn, U put the UBR on too! I wanna know what you do, your profile says you're 19 and you've got all this $$$ to buy RS stuff ;-). I'm extremely jealous!

Haha yeah. I won't call it done til its pretty damn unique. With all the armalites out there, it could be tough so it'll require more than just $$$. The UBR needed a custom receiver extension ala Dremel, that was no fun. Working with three companies, one of which is in the real steel industry, helps :P

Actually... This is my third 'gun.' I use the term loosely to say that I got a real pump shotgun and a real AR15 before I got my AEG. So I already have many real parts. Its just a case of getting this AEG configured correctly.

Edited by QDRenegade
Vercingetorix Posted Today, 01:35 PM

where can one get an army code sfw barrel assembly and front sight block from?

No where unfortunately .MDS are currently sold out of the barrel and do not know when another batch will be made and only a few of the front sight blocks were made and went to customers that had bought the barrel .

Personally I made my sight block and barrel which was probably easier and certainly quicker than trying to get the Army Code versions

Edited by 1st Commando
That is a nice piece.

But where can you get the UBR? I mean you are american so no problem, but Is there a store that sells them and ships them world wide?

I believe there is a strict import/export law against shipping many items, in this case collapsable stocks, to international locations. I believe it includes any stock that has adjustments of any kind (even the magpul PRS and CAA SRS).

In addition, only a few Magpul UBRs are in curculation. It seems that anyone who does not want to keep theres sells it for more than what it retails far - all due to demand. I paid $240 for mine (awesome deal, had to jump on it) but I frequently see $260-$300 now. Don't forget you'll also need an AEG Receiver Extension (I have the Magpul PTS Stock Adaptor) and then cut it to carbine length.

Cheers. If you happen to get your hands on one, let me know and I'll let you know what I did to get it to work.

Custom built BHD M727.. got an M733 upper for it as well, Gary Gordon style.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x138/ak...13/_K024541.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x138/ak...13/_K024542.jpg

I also use this with no optics or weapon light for a 90's SEAL kit.

nice, is it a TM? im thinking of buying one of these, but not to sure on the barrel wobble, can you help me out?

EDIT: just read the 'custom built' bit, god im an idoit

Edited by ben3265
That is a nice piece.

But where can you get the UBR? I mean you are american so no problem, but Is there a store that sells them and ships them world wide?

There's a German on these boards who has one, so it's definitely possible to get one. Already pm'ed him about it, but no answer yet. His M4 can be seen somewhere on the first pages of the WA M4 review thread ;)

nice, is it a TM? im thinking of buying one of these, but not to sure on the barrel wobble, can you help me out?

EDIT: just read the 'custom built' bit, god im an idoit

All you need to do is put an M4A1 frontset and slap it onto a TM M733 and its cherry. Also bear in mind you need the thin style handguards.

or if you want the look but not the complete accuracy, an A2 upper on an M4A1.

It doesnt wobble at all and its a TM barrel... RIS seems to cause more wobble.

Edited by Akapp

Nice VN, Lusingando. Does it have the forward advance on the other side or is it a true VN model?

"And it's one, two, three, what are we fighting for

don't ask me I don't give a damn, next stop is Viet Nam

And it's five, six, seven, open up the pearly gates

ain't no time to wonder why, whoopee we're all gonna die"