Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CQB does seem to come with normal grip sometimes for SF so I'll stick with that for now, likewise a normal front sight is OK because theres no grenade launcher mount or long barrel to need a better grip on... So that simplifies the project!

Crazy masterkey there looks in the way though, is it Ok to carry?

Love the shrike as it looks in that pic (even though I usually don't like armalites with boxmags.)

Edited by Domz
Love the shrike as it looks in that pic (even though I usually don't like armalites with boxmags.)

Thanks. The Hurricane box mag that came with it is currently out of order because it is a POS.

Quicksilver- What kind of RIS is that? The cuts look different.

Edited by babybackribs
Bet he saw the grip tape on the stock and assumed :rolleyes:

Not sure the point of that actually.

But yeah, nice gun.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

The grip stuff on the stock has little purpose to tell you the truth, kind of nice during a cheek weld), but mostly I just like the way it breaks up all the brown and tan...

Thanks for the comments guys...

I'm actually really impressed by the metal body, the design is such that unlike my expensive hurricane body (an old version at that), you can easily remove the upper and change out inner barrels, hop-ups, etc. without any drama. I got mine without any trades, since I knew I was going to paint it, but I now see that the trades aren't just painted in, they are shallowly engraved, if the safe/semi/full markings are anything to go by. I'm regretting not getting a traded body now, since it would still 'ghost' through the paint, and give the body a bit more interest.

Internals... these things are too hot for the battery they provide. The thing shoots at nearly 400fps, which I have parts enroute to detune to a more CQB friendly 320 or so and a 9.6 battery to get things wizzing properly. With the stock 9.6v battery, the thing chugs along at a less then optimum ROF, with all the noise and racket that entails.

So far, I'm impressed, but its an imperfect skirmish piece as is from factory.

Lol stupid me.... Where did he say Boyi CQB-R? I just assumed it was a PTW because of the stock grip stuff, as PTWs are the only ones I have seen with that stuff.....

I'm impressed someone picked up on the Boyi-ness... I posted it in the painted weapons thread!

Anyway Vercing, thanks for mistaking it as a systema, I figure that counts as high praise...!?

I'm building this rifle as pretty much a 100% indoor gun for a private site I have, big indoor warehouse. Wanted something compact enough for tight hallways and corners, but compatible with the myriad of AR mags I already own. It has been fun working on it so far, can't wait for all the internal bits to arrive!

Steve

My recently updated LR300S:

Specs are:

G&G LR300S

Madbull Gemtech flash hider and QD suppressor

Echo 1 5-Position folding stock

Prometheus Aluminum piston head

Angel Polycarb piston

Guarder SP90

Systema Shims

Soon to get:

Systema Turbo Motor

Systema Hi-speed gear set

Guarder metal bearing spring guide

Anyway, the pictures!!!

Picture060.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture068.jpg

And with my SCAR:

Picture071.jpg

I'm impressed someone picked up on the Boyi-ness... I posted it in the painted weapons thread!

Anyway Vercing, thanks for mistaking it as a systema, I figure that counts as high praise...!?

I'm building this rifle as pretty much a 100% indoor gun for a private site I have, big indoor warehouse. Wanted something compact enough for tight hallways and corners, but compatible with the myriad of AR mags I already own. It has been fun working on it so far, can't wait for all the internal bits to arrive!

Steve

lol I thought the HK mags would someone give it away... but the fact that it's a Boyi should not detract from how nice it looks. ;)

Nice work cambre. Though if you're gonna put a can on it, might as well use it for an outdoor gun. The length added by the can defeats the purpose of the compact CQBR. ^_^

Unless its for posing/pictures/looks and not game play...

lol I thought the HK mags would someone give it away... but the fact that it's a Boyi should not detract from how nice it looks. ;)

Nice work cambre. Though if you're gonna put a can on it, might as well use it for an outdoor gun. The length added by the can defeats the purpose of the compact CQBR. ^_^

Unless its for posing/pictures/looks and not game play...

Hence the QD suppressor :)

I've always wanted a suppressed 10" length AR, so that's what that's all about. Now I just have the quiet the din of the gearbox!

M98... I've always loved L300's... I don't know where one would fit into my current arsenal (since it would occupy the same role as my new CQB-R), but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with one someday. Your L300 is a real beaut.

Steve

oh...so...sexy...

what did you do with the BUIS?

-Joe

It's sitting on my tool bench right now, taking up space. It's just on, well, BUIS duty, until the EOtech breaks, which it better not.

@ cambre:

Thanks man, it's really awesome. Definitely better than a normal M4 variant, I believe...

While perusing AR15.com a couple months back I came across an FDE thread and a post by one of the LaRue Tactical guys showing his FDE Rifle (pic 1, & pic 2). What stood out to me was how cool it was how the darkened areas in the crevices are from the carbon build up from shooting the firearm. FDE rifles can look a bit flat to me, and that LaRue rifle really gave the gun some more depth and dimension. That's something I definitely wanted to duplicate in a FDE M4. So I started buying up the necessary parts and went about weathering the rifle to try and replicate what the LaRue guys did.

fde01smallbs7.jpg

fde02smallok4.jpg

And without the Optic:

fde03smallqc7.jpg

fde04smallhu9.jpg

A huge thanks to Souske who gave me some great suggestions on how to approach this.

Kit list:

Systema Internals

King Arms Hop Up

Prometheus Tightbore Inner Barrel

RS Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II in FDE

RS Daniel Defense Low Profile Gas Block

RS Troy Front and Rear BUIS in FDE (The front is currently a HK style BUIS, but will be swapped with a Troy M4 Style BUIS)

RS Magpul FDE Rail Cover Ladders in FDE

RS Magpul Mil Spec CTR in FDE

Magpul PTS Receiver in FDE

Magpul PTS Sling Plate

Magpul PTS MIAD in FDE

King Arms 10.5" Barrel

Proud VLTOR Flashhider (will probably be swapped with another type)

LaRue Tactical Low Profile Pride Fowler IronDot

And here's one of my other M4s with the Pride Fowler IronDot:

fde07bx0.jpg

Systema internals

G&P VLTOR Lower Receiver

DYTAC VLTOR MUR

G&P Tango Down Battle Pistol Grip in FDE

Madbull Boveske Flashhider

Magpul PTS Trigger Guard

King Arms Right Side Selector

Custom Noveske 7.5" Diplomat Barrel

RS VLTOR CASV-M in FDE with CASV-M Front Sight