Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yes they do.

Corps, you might have some competition here.

-Vic

LOL... when the UBRs come out in FDE I may crack and buy one. I'm just trying not to spend any more money on the rifle. This was supposed to be a "not too expensive" rifle that was based around the FDE Magpul Body. As parts were bought the cost of the rifle just kinda exploded (most because I went with RS parts wherever possible). Buying a UBR would send the final price of the gun over $2000 (including the RDS Optic)... :blink:

What's equally sad is that after spending that much money on the gun, I'm holding off from buying the Magpul FDE PMAGs because of how expensive they are. Silly logic I know. <_<

Heh, yeah, that is pretty sad.

I'll probably buy a box of P-Mags just for pictures. I've got a stash of MAGs that I use for skirmish.

-Vic

Edit: MAGs, of which I want to paint...because I'm in no way a fan of the stock finish. Probably hit them with some textured paint. Then lie and say they're some sort of polymer, lol.

Edited by Victory

Thanks for the kind words so far!

QD renegade, what light have you got on your gun? you say you replaced a Surefire M4D with this? How do the two lights compare?

Digging through my email I found the email quote from WGC:

GP-FL-507A G&P 12R Rechargeable Flashlight @ $70.50

GP-ACC-658 G&P A.I. Pressure Switch @ $26.00

Came with the light, a tail switch, tape switch ($26), 3 rechargable batteries, and a charger. Here is the installation:

DSCN2268.jpg

As for how it compares... I'll answer that with photos. The Surefire M4 Devastator (MSRP $350 with 350 Lumen lamp) is on the right with the G&P 12R ($70 with 325 lumen lamp) on the left. Both are using Surefire C123 batteries. Both sets of batteries are brand new. The photos will not show their brightness since my camera automatically adapts due to the over-exposed spots, but you can see just how similar they are up close and at a distance (about 90 feet). Again, the Surefire M4D is on the right and the 12R is on the left. The 12R has the whiter light as well.

DSCN2307.jpg

DSCN2318.jpg

DSCN2322.jpg

DSCN2325.jpg

As you can see, the Surefire M4D doesn't really have anything placing it ahead of the G&P 12R. Given that there is a lot of ambient light in the city and my apartment, you may get a taste for just how bright both lights are. Shine someone at night and they'll be seeing spots at best. Given the 12R's smaller size, though, it makes for a far superior weapon mounted light. Its also weighs significantly less though it no doubt is made of a weaker material than the Surefire M4D. In the end though, for 25% the price, you get the same power (unnoticable difference short of the whiter color) in a smaller package. Using decent C123's. The rechargable ones are dead atm so I cannot get photos of the light with'em.

LOL... when the UBRs come out in FDE I may crack and buy one. I'm just trying not to spend any more money on the rifle. This was supposed to be a "not too expensive" rifle that was based around the FDE Magpul Body. As parts were bought the cost of the rifle just kinda exploded (most because I went with RS parts wherever possible). Buying a UBR would send the final price of the gun over $2000 (including the RDS Optic)...

It's a novelty but just that. If it weren't for there being only one other AEG out there with a UBR (that I know of, at least), Id sell mine in a heartbeat. Its kinda the middleground between the PRS and CTR both in weight and functionality. That is to say that its a slightly adjustable brick. Sure it adds a certain flair, but I think you'd find that the money could be spent in better ways.

The STARPUL PMAGs work very well. I have not skirmished with them yet so I cannot speak of them to that level though. With only 30 shots in them though, high RPM players may find them rather small. The FDE ones do look interesting though... I may ask one of the gentlemen at Ebaybanned to toss in an FDE PMAG with the next 5 that I order.

Cheers people! If you have questions, let 'em loose.

Corps, speaking of retreading receivers, did your Dytac Mur require rethreading?

Im working on a project based around a MUR upper and a madbull front end and im wondering if im going to run into any issues.

Finally replied to your PM. Sorry about that.

The like the G&P uppers, MURs do need to be rethreaded. I think I have a couple of them on hand that have been rethreaded already.

That is strange... I had to rethread mine to work with a LaRue rail.

Well, that begs the question, is madbull using real steel threads on their products? Im not so sure at this point in time.

When my MUR arrives ill go ahead and see if the madbull front ends that i have here in the house will fit.

QD, have you tried the pmag in a stock TM m4? I heard they don't fit or feed very badly.

Sorry... I only have four GR16's. They work fine in all of em. One thing I'll recommend is the use of Breakfree CLP... Its the best lubricant that I've ever used and now it goes in and on all my real steel and airsoft firearms. I shot some of that into the magazines before I even played with em so that could be the difference.

Sorry for this, but I can't edit posts in this topic. I dont know if its something the admin set or if its just a problem on my end, but I need to fix the links.

Cheers.

I'll add a +1 to Brownells too. Damn good service, almost unmatched.

Well, finally got something smaller to replace my Surefure M4D and got that all wrapped up in a Vltor package. STAR pmags came in too... they're significantly better than the STAR usgi magazines. Hell, I'll end up using them over my metal magazines too. Its all set up for some woodland combat this week using an M120. The supressor is excessively heavy though so I doubt I'll be toting that for too long without the bipod.

DSCN2295.jpg

Dressed up for dancing:

DSCN2302.jpg

And by 'dancing' I mean shooting opponents from as far away as an M130 will allow.

Reports of how the STARPUL PMAGs work will come this weekend. So far there arent any feeding problems though the twenty-rounders will only pack to 22 meaning that I can only get 18 or 19 shots from them.

DSCN2252.jpg

Shininess aside, they're surprisingly accurate though they will never weigh the same as a PMAG loaded with 5.56mm rounds. Also gotta love the silence that comes with real-cap magazines.

Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words so far!

Digging through my email I found the email quote from WGC:

GP-FL-507A G&P 12R Rechargeable Flashlight @ $70.50

GP-ACC-658 G&P A.I. Pressure Switch @ $26.00

Came with the light, a tail switch, tape switch ($26), 3 rechargable batteries, and a charger. Here is the installation:

DSCN2268.jpg

As for how it compares... I'll answer that with photos. The Surefire M4 Devastator (MSRP $350 with 350 Lumen lamp) is on the right with the G&P 12R ($70 with 325 lumen lamp) on the left. Both are using Surefire C123 batteries. Both sets of batteries are brand new. The photos will not show their brightness since my camera automatically adapts due to the over-exposed spots, but you can see just how similar they are up close and at a distance (about 90 feet). Again, the Surefire M4D is on the right and the 12R is on the left. The 12R has the whiter light as well.

DSCN2307.jpg

DSCN2318.jpg

DSCN2322.jpg

DSCN2325.jpg

As you can see, the Surefire M4D doesn't really have anything placing it ahead of the G&P 12R. Given that there is a lot of ambient light in the city and my apartment, you may get a taste for just how bright both lights are. Shine someone at night and they'll be seeing spots at best. Given the 12R's smaller size, though, it makes for a far superior weapon mounted light. Its also weighs significantly less though it no doubt is made of a weaker material than the Surefire M4D. In the end though, for 25% the price, you get the same power (unnoticable difference short of the whiter color) in a smaller package. Using decent C123's. The rechargable ones are dead atm so I cannot get photos of the light with'em.

It's a novelty but just that. If it weren't for there being only one other AEG out there with a UBR (that I know of, at least), Id sell mine in a heartbeat. Its kinda the middleground between the PRS and CTR both in weight and functionality. That is to say that its a slightly adjustable brick. Sure it adds a certain flair, but I think you'd find that the money could be spent in better ways.

The STARPUL PMAGs work very well. I have not skirmished with them yet so I cannot speak of them to that level though. With only 30 shots in them though, high RPM players may find them rather small. The FDE ones do look interesting though... I may ask one of the gentlemen at Ebaybanned to toss in an FDE PMAG with the next 5 that I order.

Cheers people! If you have questions, let 'em loose.

Western Arms GBB M4

G&P front short type

RS Israeli T-pod

RS Magpul pistol grip and railcovers FDE

RS Samson MRFS-CX

RS GG&G gasblock flipup sight

RS buffer

RA-tech CNC hopup chamber

RA-tech 6.03 M4 length inner barrel

Element stubby killer silencer

Ebaybanned Eotech 4x clone with FTS.

dscf2118ek4.jpg

dscf2120fg3.jpg

dscf2122kh3.jpg

dscf2128fk2.jpg

My IDF style m4

m4n-2.jpg

m4n-22.jpg

CA M15a4

G&P Front with PTW hand guards

Magpul trigger guard

G&P BUIS

BHI m4 mag pouch on the stock (gutted star realcap mag and battery)

Trijicon Reflex

internals are all mixed (custom wiring)

IDF elastic hand guard bands

IDF Special Forces Rifle Sling

IDF back sling attachment

IDF Secure magazine attachment (works like a ready mag)

Edited by mOrfar
Well, that begs the question, is madbull using real steel threads on their products? Im not so sure at this point in time.

When my MUR arrives ill go ahead and see if the madbull front ends that i have here in the house will fit.

MadBull is not using RS threads on their products. They are the same as CA's threads.

m4n-22.jpg

CA M15a4

G&P Front with PTW hand guards

Magpul trigger guard

G&P BUIS

BHI m4 mag pouch on the stock (gutted star realcap mag and battery)

Trijicon Reflex

internals are all mixed (custom wiring)

IDF elastic hand guard bands

IDF Special Forces Rifle Sling

IDF back sling attachment

IDF Secure magazine attachment (works like a ready mag)

MadBull is not using RS threads on their products. They are the same as CA's threads.

So then why the heck wont my noveske front end from madbull fit onto a G&P upper? G&P is definitely not using real steel threading either and they're also not the same as CA's threading.

Soooo...anyone know the proper thread pitch for a CA upper? lol.

There are some guys on here that have rethreaded their G&P uppers to real steel spec and then fit madbull products on just fine. Im starting to get confused by conflicting info here.