Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is an amazing rifle......I see so much $$$ and effort piled on it...

Money... yes... too much in fact. This is one of my more expensive rifles. :(

Simply beautiful rifle. Nice to see an IronDot, too.

Thanks man!

Nice stuff, and glad to see Rainier Arms in your list. A good friend of mine works there.

Rainier Arms is awesome. For real steel stuff, I typically go to them or BravoCompanyUSA first. RainierArms definitely has a cooler and slicker webstore.

USMC - Aimpoint microdot with Larue mount would look beautiful on that rifle of yours, great job on the gun!

I've lent my Micro T-1 + AMD mount to a friend. Might be a while until I get it back. I like the Micro, but I prefer the looks of my Docter Optic, Burris IronDot and Pride Fowler Irondot.

So this is my new Dobys, freshly painted. PDI front sight and a cloner TROY-style flashider. Star BUIS and a MAG magazine.

It's not much right now. I've got a scilencer on the way. Maybe a aimpoint and a CASV.

That looks like a very simple yet effective camo scheme. If you get a CASV I'd recommend considering getting a replica Aimpoint Micro, as the CASV will elevate the Micro automatically to a more desirable height. A very promising start!

Edited by uscmCorps

I'm generally not one to request pics but I need a bit of help here making a purchasing decision so...

I'm requesting a picture of any kind of M4/M16 style rifle with a flat top receiver and a Barska 50mm red dot mounted on it ( http://www.opticsplanet.net/barska-1x50-re...pe-ac10332.html ).

I ask because I'm pondering a KWA M4 CQB and I like big red dots but I'm wondering if a 50mm size red dot might look good on it or if the sheer size of the thing would look just plain silly.

USCM, what pants are you using?

I've had a few people ask me now. The pants are from UR-Tactical.com who makes two styles of pants, the OPS Direct Action Pants, and the ones I'm wearing in the photos: OPS Integrated battle pants. They're available in Crye Precision Multicam (the real deal), ACU, and Tan. The Direct Action Pants are more expensive and come with Knee Pads, whereas the Integrated Combat Pants are cheaper and do NOT come with the knee pads. I'm using real Crye Knee pads in mine, but I also have the OPS Combat Knee Pads which I have found to be excellent as well.

Speaking of which... I recently ordered a large shipment of these pants for my team and one of the guys discovered that the Tan Medium Integrated Battle Pants he ordered was the wrong size (he needed a large). So if anyone wants to buy a set of these pants, I have a spare brand new Tan Medium for sale for $105 shipped. If bought direct from the retailer they're normally $105 + about $20 for S&H. I also have spare set of OPS Combat Knee pads for whoever buys the pants which you can have for $20 (normally cost $35 + $6 (for S&H)). So $125 shipped for a brand new set of these pants with knee pads ($41 savings). LMK. Send me a PM.

I'm generally not one to request pics but I need a bit of help here making a purchasing decision so...

I'm requesting a picture of any kind of M4/M16 style rifle with a flat top receiver and a Barska 50mm red dot mounted on it ( http://www.opticsplanet.net/barska-1x50-re...pe-ac10332.html ).

I ask because I'm pondering a KWA M4 CQB and I like big red dots but I'm wondering if a 50mm size red dot might look good on it or if the sheer size of the thing would look just plain silly.

Check ARF. I've seen some there.

Seraphein, what is that cheek rest on your CTR stock, and where did you get it?

Regardless, both of those guns look beautiful!

EDIT: Also, what PMags are you using? I got the Magpul 30 rounders box set of 10, but they don't feed very well for me in my Magpul receiver... if you have the same ones, is there anything special you did to them?

Thanks!

Edited by Kiki-Jiki
Seraphein, what is that cheek rest on your CTR stock, and where did you get it?

Regardless, both of those guns look beautiful!

Probably a legit Magpaul CTR cheek riser, comes in 3 sizes. (http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70_73_94&products_id=245)

Probably a legit Magpaul CTR cheek riser, comes in 3 sizes. (http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70_73_94&products_id=245)

Ahh.... yeah I probably should've checked Magpul's site before I posted, but I had never heard of a Magpul CTR cheek riser before... I think I'll have to buy one of those now, lol.

As Reincarnation said, that is a Magpul cheek raiser.

The mags are the proper Magpul PTS ones (sold separately), not the Green label sold in a box. They work beautifully and have the same feel as the real pmags, makes you wonder if they are made of the same material. The 20 rd ones for the dmr are green label though, but I haven't had the chance to test them properly.

As Reincarnation said, that is a Magpul cheek raiser.

The mags are the proper Magpul PTS ones (sold separately), not the Green label sold in a box. They work beautifully and have the same feel as the real pmags, makes you wonder if they are made of the same material. The 20 rd ones for the dmr are green label though, but I haven't had the chance to test them properly.

Ahh damn... I totally would've gone for those PTS ones if they weren't like $30 for one 120rd midcap... Though I'm seriously considering selling my Green Label PMags to get a few of those PTS ones. I haven't actually held a real PMag, but the Green Label ones did feel a little...plasticy...

EDIT: One more question- Does anybody know if the real Magpul PMag Ranger plates fit the Magpul PTS PMags? The PTS ranger plates are like $20+ for a 3 pack whereas the real ones are $15 from Magpul...

Thanks!

Edited by Kiki-Jiki
EDIT: Also, what PMags are you using? I got the Magpul 30 rounders box set of 10, but they don't feed very well for me in my Magpul receiver... if you have the same ones, is there anything special you did to them?

Thanks!

This makes me sad :( , no cheap alternative for a fighting loadout of pmags.