Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me sad :( , no cheap alternative for a fighting loadout of pmags.

Well, they still feed fine in my TM m4, it's just my Magpul receiver they seem to be a bit loose in. It's certainly possible that you could use some tape to keep them tight in the magwell, I think that would help. The springs in the mags seem to be very strong, so I don't think that's the problem.

As far as I know, the "real" Magpul and PTS PMAG ranger plates are one in the same.

Ahh ok, awesome. So the airsoft stores are just marking up the prices for... no reason... figures... <_<

2 cell lipo battery?

Yes, 2 cell, 7.4v.

Do PMags take up more space in a pouch or the same as a normal one? I love PMags,but dont know if theyd fit in my Eagle Rig pouches, as even two normal M4 mags is super tight....

They are wider at the floorplate. They will likely go in your Eagle pouches, but you may have to stagger the floorplates to get them to fit. It also may be tighter than you'd like.

Castle Bravo,

What type of CTR stock is that? Commercial or milspec?

Milspec. Almost all airsoft tubes are milspec. (Or close anyways)

EDIT: One more question- Does anybody know if the real Magpul PMag Ranger plates fit the Magpul PTS PMags? The PTS ranger plates are like $20+ for a 3 pack whereas the real ones are $15 from Magpul...

I'd go with the real steel PMAG Ranger Plates. That's what I'm using on all of mine.

I'm sorry but the two FDE M4 guns on this and the last page are AMAZING. I sent USMCorps to a buddy and he said, "That's airsoft?!". I think I officially love FDE even more then when I bought my VFC SCAR.

Ha! Thanks dude! That's awesome! :D

Hey uscmCorps, saw your rifle now too, and it really does look nice ;)

Thanks man. Loving your rifles too! I've always preferred your painted multicam over the water transfer stuff. Your painted parts just seem to blend more nicely and are less saturated giving a more natural effect.

Do PMags take up more space in a pouch or the same as a normal one? I love PMags,but dont know if theyd fit in my Eagle Rig pouches, as even two normal M4 mags is super tight....

PMAGs do seem to take up more space than regular mags. Probably because the way they are contoured. If I'm pulling a mag out of a pouch, it'll probably go in the dump pouch when used up rather than go directly back into the mag pouch as it may get a little fiddly. And as Bravo pointed out, I have to stagger the position of the mags within each pouch.

Seraphein, did you paint anything on your magpul m4? Your pictures look like the FDE all matches. Just wondering if thats the lighting or something you did. My magpul receiver and stock/miad are two different shades.

Example:

IMG_0330.JPG

Seraphein, did you paint anything on your magpul m4? Your pictures look like the FDE all matches. Just wondering if thats the lighting or something you did. My magpul receiver and stock/miad are two different shades.

If your MIAD is a Gen. 1 (i.e. no removable straps) then that doesn't surprise me. The Gen. 1's coloring was off. The Gen. 2s are much closer.

There is actually a 7" version of the MK18 ris (in real steel): http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/de...p;product_id=60 . And this 7" version would fit my CQB rifle(?).

I haven't seen a 7" (only the 9") version for AS yet, and with Ebaybanned getting his own metalsworking shop going.. ;D

Frakk, that's not a 7" MK 18 RIS 2, that's the DD 7" lite rail. They're totally different. The Lite rails don't come apart like the RIS 2's. There are only 2 Daniel Defense RIS 2's: for the MK 18, M4.

Oh, my gun has a twin! (almost ;))

No, I haven't painted anything and it isn't the light; Everything really is the same shade of FDE, including the RS CASV handguard, which I expected to be a little off since it's not Magpul like the rest. The new Pmags I'm using are also the same shade. The Green Label ones differ a bit though as I saw when ordering a box for my dmr rifle.

Huh? What grip is that? It ressembles the realsteel Hogue one so much I thought your rifle was a realsteel one (until I saw the missing boltcatch ;D )

The grip is a Star. About the bolt catch, I got lazy always having to take it off each time I took apart the gun I just decided to leave it out and now I lost it. :(

I'm fighting with all my might to stop myself from buying a RS FDE Magpul UBR. Must... not... buy.... it... :mellow:

I feel you PAIN...I've been waiting so long to get one for my RS that making the order for 1 and not 2 is going to be VERY hard if not impossible.

Also your rifle makes every other rifle in here look shabby and ######. My rifle want's to be like your someday...(next week)...but it's going to be it's darker evil cousin.

Edited by jumper
It was a purple color more than FDE. I had one and didn't like it.

The feel of the Gen. 1s were superb. But the coloring was definitely off. Magpul PTS got it right the second time around with the Gen. 2s.

uscm, I'm a little late to the parrty but your rifle is amzing. i have a new found appriciation for FDE after seeing that, especially with that kind of worn look you have.

Thanks CB! I think it's the worn look that really sells it. ;)

Also your rifle makes every other rifle in here look shabby and ######. My rifle want's to be like your someday...(next week)...but it's going to be it's darker evil cousin.

LOL... Thanks Jumper. That's very generous of you, however, I'm not in full agreement with such high praise as IMHO there are some truly fantastic pieces peppered throughout these threads! ;)

Wanted to try something new.

http://photos.aegtek.com/renegade/DSCN2591.jpg

Interesting... not sure how I feel about the carry handle. I think a LaRue Tactical rear BUIS would be very complimentary to that rifle.

Anyone know if they make a 8 Inch barrel for Armalites? Dosent look like it,but figured Id ask.

What I did with one of my rifles was buy a Madbull M733 outer barrel and modify that to my measurements. Although it starts off as a 10.5" outer barrel, the barrel itself is a one piece that is inserted into a base unit. You simply unscrew the grub screw(s), remove the outer barrel from the barrel base, cut off the excess from the rear of the outer barrel (using a hacksaw and/or dremel) until you're down to your desired length and reinsert it back into the base unit and you're done. I took that 10.5" M733 barrel and made a 7.5" barrel in less than half an hour, and because you're cutting the excess material off the rear of the barrel (i.e. the non-threaded end) your threads are still intact and ready to use with any 14mm CCW FH. It was simple and inexpensive (as the barrel was only (US$31). That's probably the cheapest way to go about it IMHO, especially if you want something as uncommon as a 8.5" barrel. You can take that 10.5" barrel and modify it from 10.5" all the way down to a 4" overall length.

Here's a link to one.

Interesting... not sure how I feel about the carry handle. I think a LaRue Tactical rear BUIS would be very complimentary to that rifle.

Aye. It doesn't tickle me much either but it sure is a different animal when compared to the Troy BUIS. I did the small iron sights thing before and I just don't see the point unless I decide to go back to optics. I only wish there was a scope or mount that doubled as a carry handle like in the case of the G36/XM8.

DSCN1422.jpg

Its amazing how something as simple as a bloody carry handle can change the overall look of an entire rifle/AEG. I'll take a look at the LT BUIS but I'd imagine getting something like the RRA Defender first. I suppose making something with a 12" rail look like an M16 just doesn't work visually.

@usmc - Do you choose FDE for a specific reason? Do you find any benefits or is it a novelty kinda thing (not bashing either (hell I wont sell my UBR for the sake of it being a novelty despite liking my CTR more))

Cheers

Well, Madbull also makes a 7 inch outer. Say I used that, and put a flashhider on it. Would it still be to short? I'm not very good at modding like that lol.

In the gun I'm trying to make,link below, the flashider and very little of the barrel stick out at the end of the RAS

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb128/N...ket/LWRC-15.jpg

I suposse if just the flashider sticks out, id be happy with it. Flashider is about 1 and a half inches, so it may work, just making sure.

Sorry to ask this here, just much easier then making a whole thread.

Edited by Mr Foxhound