Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will, like everyone else, submit my own query on the MOE handguards...

Where, when will these be available? Do they fit a battery? Will they make me the leetest player on the field (I'm pretty sure we all know the answer to that)?

I'm not sure the exact release date, but you will see that soon, keep your eyes on WGC or RedWolf(I believe that they have other than color in black, ). Of course the PTS version fit a battery, they fit 8.4V, sounds great,right? :D

Jumper, what upper did you end up putting that Noveske SWS rail on? It looks like a G&P but as far as i know, the threading is different. Did you rethread the upper?

I "modified"(read dremeled) the upper. (it is a G&P upper good call). It certainly was a pain in the *albatross* and the next upper is either going to be a VLtor or Magpul PTS body which will not require the asian-fitting.

I just got these to go with it... it's a bit of magazine BLING.

DSCF1692.jpg

Edited by jumper

It is quite surprising how much extra traction you get with those Rainier Arms Enhanced Magazine Grips isn't it? I've got full EMGs on one of my mid-cap PMAGs, but on the other 23 midcap PMAGs I've just got one on either side and one wrapped around the front. I'm trying to decide if I actually need one on every available panel on the PMAGs.

Edit:

Jumper, which color are those mags? It's hard to tell from the lighting in the shot. Magpul PTS has officially released 4 colors for their PMAGs now: Black, FDE, OD Green, and Foliage Green.

Edited by uscmCorps
It is quite surprising how much extra traction you get with those Rainier Arms Enhanced Magazine Grips isn't it? I've got full EMGs on one of my mid-cap PMAGs, but on the other 23 midcap PMAGs I've just got one on either side and one wrapped around the front. I'm trying to decide if I actually need one on every available panel on the PMAGs.

Edit:

Jumper, which color are those mags? It's hard to tell from the lighting in the shot. Magpul PTS has officially released 4 colors for their PMAGs now: Black, FDE, OD Green, and Foliage Green.

They are OD. (ebaybanned only carries one color, they would have been FDE but I saved $30+ just getting the OD ones. Her ein the UK it never gets sunny so it's hard to get good naturally lighted pics.

You really do get a lot more grip (plus they really do look Bas *albatross*), I haven't skirmed with them yet but just from feel and trying out some mag change drills I know they are going on ALL my RS PMAGs when I get more in. I had just two panels on some to start and while that's really all you need they look strange IMO without all the panels filled.

snip

KA VLTOR metal body

KA CASV

KA G27 Grip

Ace SOCOM Stock

AB Long mosfet and 7.4v 2100 mah lipo fit in the frontend.

like it alot! Got anymore pics of that body?

I'd suggest that you black out the wires inside the grip.

Loving the Ace stock.

Does the Noveske FS actually "magnifiy" the sound as they claim?

Edited by jumper
like it alot! Got anymore pics of that body?

I'd suggest that you black out the wires inside the grip.

Loving the Ace stock.

Does the Noveske FS actually "magnifiy" the sound as they claim?

The wires seem alot more noticeable in the pic, but yeah - I do need to do something about 'em. :)

The flashhider does amplify the sound. The one in the pic is madbull... I've also got a king arms KX3 (steel version) which seems a bit louder than the madbull (though i haven't actually compared them side by side).

Jumper, what modifications did you do to the upper?

I have a dytac MUR id love to fit that RAS to but unfortunately, the threading is different. I bought a rethreading tool but the damned upper is so well made that i simply cant rethread it with my tap and die.

Jumper, what modifications did you do to the upper?

I have a dytac MUR id love to fit that RAS to but unfortunately, the threading is different. I bought a rethreading tool but the damned upper is so well made that i simply cant rethread it with my tap and die.

read up a post or two I just answered that one. (dremel-scary, but nessesary)

I did see that, im wondering what exactly you dremeled.

knoch the threads down a bit ( take the sharp edge off the top slowly until you can start to work the two pieces together. It took me two full nights of fiddling, grinding, screwing, grinding, fiddling to get it to work. It's not fun, you'll breath in airborne aluminum and paint, cut your fingers, nic your upper and get really frustrated but BOY am I glad I did. :mellow:

NOTE: IMPORTANT: Do this to both pieces simultaneously or you'll take too much from the upper/RAS and it will fail.

NOTE TWO: Do NOT, NOT, NOT grip your upper around the ejection port. 90% chance you will snap it off. I did. I almost threw the damn RAS out the window...

Edited by jumper
I did see that, im wondering what exactly you dremeled.

Dude, did you try the strap wrench technique I told you about? I personally did that on all of the MURs I sold whenever the customer requested it. The DYTac metal is harder to cut because it's CNC'ed from Aluminum block whereas most receivers (like G&P and KA) are cast metal... but the methodology is the same. Worst case scenario ... send it to me and I'll send it back rethreaded.

Dude, did you try the strap wrench technique I told you about? I personally did that on all of the MURs I sold whenever the customer requested it. The DYTac metal is harder to cut because it's CNC'ed from Aluminum block whereas most receivers (like G&P and KA) are cast metal... but the methodology is the same. Worst case scenario ... send it to me and I'll send it back rethreaded.

Sure did.

The problem that im having is that no matter how well i grease it and no matter how well i torque the nut down, i just cant get it to thread.

Ive gone ahead and done it millimeter by millimeter but after about two hours and only getting the first and second threads re cut i gave up. What kind of strap wrench are you using? Mine tends to slip as i dont believe im using a very high quality one. Im currently using one that i got from home depot but that leaves alot to be desired.

To QD renegade or Jumper, (since you two are the only posters I've seen mention the UBR...) what [if any] modifications were necessary to fit it?

Based on retail pictures I've found, it looks like the stock itself is threaded. [e.g.- integrated buffer tube?]

How did you/are you getting around this? Or am I mistaken?

To QD renegade or Jumper, (since you two are the only posters I've seen mention the UBR...) what [if any] modifications were necessary to fit it?

Based on retail pictures I've found, it looks like the stock itself is threaded. [e.g.- integrated buffer tube?]

How did you/are you getting around this? Or am I mistaken?

You're kinda wrong - but only on one thing. The stock is not threaded, but it does ship with a somewhat proprietary length receiver extension. Its labeled as 'carbine' length meaning the user also needs a 'carbine' length light/medium/heavy spring since the collapsable and A2 lengths will not work. I say its proprietary because I cannot think of another stock that uses the same length receiver extension (maybe the 416 shorty or CAA SRS) but other manufacturers do make the springs. In regards to airsoft: The stock mounts like an A2 and needs the same hardware (short of a different size receiver extension). I used a Magpul PTS Stock Adaptor (about $30) which will allow any real A2 length stock to be attached to a typical AEG. I then cut about 2.25" from the receiver extension to make the suitable for the UBR (two cuts to remove 2.25" of the middle material) - its easy from there. At one point, though, I did have to grind a little corner from the UBR's mount and a lot from the AEG sling adaptor but I think that may just be the G&G sling adaptor.

Here you can see the different lengths needed for the PRS and UBR. You'll have ot pardon the *suitcasey* photo.

DSCN2434.jpg

I'll try to reshoot better photos showcasing the install process after I get done with class. All in all its very straight forward unless some grinding is required.

Cheers.