Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magpul has no plans to produce 6.8mm P-Mags at this time.

However, I read on the Barrett forums, that it it possible to modify 30 round 5.56mm P-Mags to hold ~25 6.8mm rounds.

-Vic

Can 6.8 rounds fit in a standard mag? I seem to recall that the only difference between a 5.56 gun and a 6.8 gun was the barrel and bolt assembly.

Magpul has no plans to produce 6.8mm P-Mags at this time.

However, I read on the Barrett forums, that it it possible to modify 30 round 5.56mm P-Mags to hold ~25 6.8mm rounds.

-Vic

Hmm...yay I can get pmags for my m468 replica :D

Can 6.8 rounds fit in a standard mag? I seem to recall that the only difference between a 5.56 gun and a 6.8 gun was the barrel and bolt assembly.

...the ribs or grooves in the standard 5.56 mags are deeper than the 6.8. The standard AR mags don't work for 6.8.

The ribs on an aluminum/steel 6.8 mag are not as deep to allow for the wider case body. Magpul said that the 6.8 would require too much thinning of the P-mag's walls to do it reliably.

But hey, ar15.com can be wrong. Probably not but can.

Edited by Reincarnation...
Fellowz-

Nice URX. What stock is that? I'm looking at a VLTOR-style stock for my M4. Also, is the castle nut on your stock tube on backwards?

-Piano.

cheers im not too sure on the castle nut i sent it off for repair and it came back like that so im assuming its correct?

the stock is a King Arms M4 Clubfoot Modstock

only problem is its a loose fit to the stock tube supplied if you get the kit including the bat, and be careful with the battery as the wires have a habbit of comming off if they are subjected to stress from being removed.

cheers

drew

I've seen similar stuff knocking around before. may not be EXACTLY the same, but it's close...

Hang on while I dig up a linkage...

edit:

http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=produ...product_id=2069

£20, and it is, in act, a clone of that carry handle. thought it might be, as I've never seen anything else similar :P

You might get a more reputable manufacturer of this thing, but tbh I've never seen one...

Edited by MDK_Marshal

A quick shot of my Dboys. Just swapped gearbox on it.

dboys_magpul.JPG

Testing the new magpul mag and the magpul railcovers, nice stuff :)

Next is a new flashlightholder, new verticalgrip (or both) and a offset scopemount(LaRue SPR) with a small scope on it(BSA huntsman).

Edited by Frakk2k

The 6.5mm is the round you are thinking of. A regualar 30 round M16 mag can hold 25 6.5mm rounds. 6.8mm rounds require a different magazine, but it is possible to modify an M16 mag for it.

VFC SR-16 E3

Nice! What do you think of it? I'm very strongly considering getting the shorty. But if I got the shorty, I'd probably want to switch the 10.5" barrel to an 11.5" barrel. My main fear is that being a URX, I'd have to get a special tool to remove the barrel.

The fact that everything on it is truly ambidextrous is soooo tantalizing! :D

Nice! What do you think of it? I'm very strongly considering getting the shorty. But if I got the shorty, I'd probably want to switch the 10.5" barrel to an 11.5" barrel. My main fear is that being a URX, I'd have to get a special tool to remove the barrel.

The fact that everything on it is truly ambidextrous is soooo tantalizing! :D

I'm not sure about the SR-16 but the barrel of my VFC HK416 just screws off making 10.5" from 14.5".